Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant a racing game. Sorry.
    Also i tried but couldn't install dolphin (wanna see the performance on Wii games). Any suggestions?

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

I have a bluetooth mouse and can check if cursor movement has any problem. Dont have a gamepad.

Comment

I just tried couple of games with my Logitech 310 usb game pad.

Bully scollarship edition - works perfect on high settings.
        Portal Knights - work good at setting between medium and low.

Gamepad works perfectly for both games. Maybe it's just Bluetooth controllers that might have problem.

Been using mouse that I plug receiver into USB work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Amazon Prime needs Playready 3 which this device doesn't support, so no Amazon Prime.
          Widevine can help with Netflix, but the firmware is missing changes to support the Netflix app.
          You will only be able to use a tablet Netflix app and use it with an airmouse, Netflix is also starting to block it on multiple devices now where it forces you to update to the latest version which is not patched to work.
          Thanks. Didnt Mecool KM8 support Playready 3? I wonder why they skimped on this in KM9, is it something that can be later updated via OTA? I am not very hopeful though. I have Amazon Prime membership so its a bummer. I hope some version or other of the APKs floating around can play at least 480p on this box.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustdroid View Post
            I just tried couple of games with my Logitech 310 usb game pad.

Bully scollarship edition - works perfect on high settings.
            Portal Knights - work good at setting between medium and low.

Gamepad works perfectly for both games. Maybe it's just Bluetooth controllers that might have problem.

Been using mouse that I plug receiver into USB work fine.
            The gamesir came with a 2.4ghz dongle, i will test it tomorrow and update my comment. If the Bluetooth is failing, hope the dongle will do the job.
            Is Bully on Google play?

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post

Thanks. Didnt Mecool KM8 support Playready 3? I wonder why they skimped on this in KM9, is it something that can be later updated via OTA? I am not very hopeful though. I have Amazon Prime membership so its a bummer. I hope some version or other of the APKs floating around can play at least 480p on this box.
              Playready 3 and Google certified was in KM8 but not in KM9 now, so strange why they did this.
              The phone app of Amazon Prime Video won't work, at least Rockchip added a firmware patch to make it work on AndroidTV, so I'm using it there.
              Since the KM8 and KM9 are the same price, the Playready and Google Certified licenses couldn't cost that much to add.
              Seems you can either get very underpowered Google Certified devices with all apps working or newer, faster devices but with a lot of bugs and app incompatibilities.
              Maybe we will never have the best of both worlds.

Comment

Yeah..Also strange that Mecool didnt print their name anywhere on the packing box or on the TV box for KM9. Very unlike KM8 or any of their previous TV boxes!

Comment

Bully scollarship edition didn't come up in the store. Had to transfer apk and data from my phone.

Does someone know a good file explorer other than the stock one? I usually use mixplore but having a problem when it ask for access to sd card, says stock android file explorer disabled. Need it to show where sd card is. Tried es file explorer to but same thing.
                  Last edited by Rustdroid; 11-26-2018, 07:26.

Comment

On my phone I ditched ES File explorer and started using File Manager + from a developer called 'Flashlight + Clock'. Its very functional yet non-intrusive unlike ES File manager. Dont know if it will be there in Andorid TV store. Otherwise you can sideload from phone? Can you pls tell me how to install an app + data from phone to TV box?

Comment

I ditched es file explorer long time ago aswell I use mixplore now https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...JBmNIZF5BhFJoM

You neet root just go to root/data/app find folder with apk file you want. Use that apk to install on TV box. If game has data aswell go to internal storage/android/obb and copy data folder to same spot on TV box.

I think all file explorers will have same problem because android stock file explorer disabled or not there at all.

Comment

Hi guys, I am from India and have the Mecool KM9 on way from Gearbest. Its actually in my town and expecting delivery in a day or two. I will be able to test a few things for you guys, mainly audio pass through. I have a Yamaha receiver capable of DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD decoding. But my TV is only 1080p 60Hz. I can test Netflix and Amazon Prime upto 1080p (no HDR). But this being my first android TV box would need your help to configure Kodi properly for Audio pass through.

I understand that this device supports Widevine L1, is that enough theoretically to support upto UHD in Netflix and Amazon Prime? Does Amazon Prime use another DRM implementation in Andorid?
                        Go to STEP 2 onwards for configuration at Kodi for pass thru. Noted under "Number of Channels" you should select 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever you have under STEP 3

Step 1 – Make sure your system configured for audio bitstream Find the corresponding way to set audio your bitstream outp......

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Go to STEP 2 onwards for configuration at Kodi for pass thru. Noted under "Number of Channels" you should select 5.1 or 7.1 or whatever you have under STEP 3

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/guide/g...vGl0uo%3D.html
                          Thanks! BTW is there any specific version of Kodi to use or just install the default/latest version from Google playstore for Android TV?

Comment

Thanks! BTW is there any specific version of Kodi to use or just install the default/latest version from Google playstore for Android TV?
                            Any latest version... Think currently is kodi 18

Comment

This box has way too many unwanted issues. I hope Gearbest takes it back.

Comment

• trebor
                                trebor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                New box first day out,
                                Least give it some chance, me thinks

All this about Netflix not working etc what it can and can't do
                                Don't think it was mentioned in any advertisement ?

Sure the assumption or the hope was there
                                Like all things may take time
                                Mecool do a far better than most in sorting out there stuff normally..
                                Give it time I say,,,

Treb, it gives error messages on some apps when you open them. They open but you still get those nags .
                              m8S Pro L is definitely the box to go to.

Comment

Working...
                              X