Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not doubting your words or its faults
    Give it time is all I am saying
    How long did the Pro L take to get it right ?

Need to more forward if you want to see advancement
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post
      This box has way too many unwanted issues. I hope Gearbest takes it back.
      Pancho, that doesn't give me a good feeling. Mine is in transit.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post

Does your tv say which HDR format it is detecting, ideally would like your tv to detect dolbyvision, hlg, hdr10, hdr10+
        No support for HDR10+ / Dolby Vision as of now. Perhaps it may support HDR10+, but I don't think there is any material out yet. Looks like Kodi never will support Dolby Vision because of licensing.

Comment

I've had my box for 3 days now. Haven't had much time to play with it yet but found the wifi transfer rate is slower than my mibox international....Checked my modem and found it was connected at 2.4g. Will investigate tonight. YouTube app playback was not as smooth as i expected, something else to check. Prefer the xiaomi remote, this one is a little thicker towards the battery end and unbalanced in comparison however, does have a menu button which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Pancho, that doesn't give me a good feeling. Mine is in transit.
            Did you guys see my previous comment about Mecool not printing its name anywhere on the packaging or the box itself for KM9? Its a stark contrast compared to KM8 packaging. Any speculations on why they would do that? Honestly I am not holding my breath for things to get right for KM9. I think most of us took the leap of faith on KM9 with the pre-orders because KM8 had google certification and better DRM support compared to other chinese boxes albeit old and weak hardware. So we naturally expected KM9 to have all that KM8 had plus the new and more powerful hardware. But thats not the case, at least for now. I played with the KM9 for some time yesterday and here are my observations:

- 99% not a google certified box. No support for Chromecast
            - No support for Microsoft Playready DRM, so the various Amazon Prime APKs i tried didnt work when starting a movie or show
            - Netflix app is not installed from factory, I have to create a trial account before I try to sideload and test it
            - Latest Kodi from Google play store didnt have options to bitstream HD audio formats when connected to HD audio compatible AV receiver. Under the bit stream options I could only see Dolby Digital, DD+ and DTS

Comment

No to rain on the parade of these missing items
              But
              But as you mentioned "So we naturally expected KM9 to have all that KM8" ...

Different Chip Different rules I think you will find,
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yeah I get it. To be fair to Mecool none of the current Chinese boxes with new SoC support any of these missing features. I think Mecool may be the only one that has Widevine L1 certification now. And from so far what I have tested the box is stable and reasonably fast, remote control works well, voice commands work ok.

Comment

Yep no problem at all.
                  With so many new 905x2 coming out, it will take time for it to settle I feel and get it or close to working if they can..
                  and yes without the Mecool Logo does make and Interesting observation will just have to wait and see.

Stay cool people the sky is not falling.....yet
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Happy to report that Sandisk Ultra 128gb micro sd works with this device...despite specs saying 32gb. No write access without encrypted formatting first of course.

On that matter, does anyone know if USB drive write access will be achievable on this device? This is a major shortcoming of Android TV I would love to overcome

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      Happy to report that Sandisk Ultra 128gb micro sd works with this device...despite specs saying 32gb. No write access without encrypted formatting first of course.

On that matter, does anyone know if USB drive write access will be achievable on this device? This is a major shortcoming of Android TV I would love to overcome
                      Seems all S905x AndroidTV devices using buggy Amlogic AndroidTV Oreo SDK have that bug and it's so simple to fix in the source code.

Maybe you or someone can test:
                      Do you know if at least NTFS, Exfat drives are supported now and if side-loaded apps like ApkPure don't run upside down anymore?
                      Are all videos hardware decoded in Kodi including deinterlacing support fully working now?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Seems all S905x AndroidTV devices using buggy Amlogic AndroidTV Oreo SDK have that bug and it's so simple to fix in the source code.

Do you know if at least NTFS, Exfat drives are supported now and if side-loaded apps like ApkPure don't run upside down anymore?
                        Are all videos hardware decoded in Kodi including deinterlacing support fully working now?
                        Whats ApkPure for, and where can I get the APK file to install? I can try it. How to check Kodi is doing hardware decode and deinterlacing?

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post

Whats ApkPure for, and where can I get the APK file to install? I can try it. How to check Kodi is doing hardware decode and deinterlacing?
                          It is an app store like Google Play but you don't have to login and can install old app versions or apps blocked, not available in the Google Play Sore.

You will need a Sideload Launcher to be able to open the app.
                          On KM8, it was running upside down.

Here are some mpeg2, h264 interlaced video samples.
                          The videos must play smooth and not have stripes or lines while playing
                          First test with the built-in video player to see how it must look and try in Kodi 18 to compare if it's the same or worse.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post
                            Yeah I get it. To be fair to Mecool none of the current Chinese boxes with new SoC support any of these missing features. I think Mecool may be the only one that has Widevine L1 certification now. And from so far what I have tested the box is stable and reasonably fast, remote control work is well, voice commands work ok.
                            Any chance of you post the home screen? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Apkpure work fine right orientation. I've used Ntfs and Exfat usb drives and they both work but write access is limited because android stock file manager is not installed or disabled. Need it when file manager program ask for location of external drives. The built in file manager works okay but has very limited options.

Does anyone know how I can take a screenshot?

Comment

That's the homescreen don't know how to take screenshot so just took a photo.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X