Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay friends, I got my box today after paying INR 1400 (USD 20) Custom Tax and after waiting for 30 days. I was very happy and excited like I had never been for any of my previous so many boxes that include Minix X8 HPlus as well. However, I was extremely disappointed to see that BOX pre-defined brightness/Hue and Saturation level was so high that it makes absolutely impossible to watch anything. Okay, I tried adjusting the Display parameters like brightness/contrast/Hue/Saturation/Backlight Level everything and I was pretty confident that this is a piece of cake for me :-) No sir, it wasn't. There was no change in absolutely whitish look. I know that the ultimate resolution to any fixture for error/s is Hard Reset and I used that option finally but everything was in vain :-(

It seems like the Firmware is not optimized properly. I have fair knowledge for updating firmwares for my android boxes including maskrom procedure. However, I am really disheartened to do to such a new box. Can anyone especially developers extend their support and expertise and suggest what I need to do to get rid of this situation without flashing new firmware.

However, the BOX has some plus points like extremely responsive remote and complete support for local language (Hindi) as well. Amazon Prime can be played in 1080P sorry no 4K. I dont have netflix account (Too Expensive) so I couldnt check it but I can see that in DRM Info, the box is now supporting HDCP 2.2 so someone who has the account may try the application.

In this present situation, the box stands nowhere in front of my current primary box MX9 PRO but if the above issue wasn't there, I have no hesitation in saying that this box actually has surpassed my expectations and comparing with boxes like MX9 Pro and Minix X8 HPlus, this box has really performed well.

Friends, please reply and advise what needs to be done here.

P.S - Box was bought from Aliexpress so there is no option of returning it back and get the replacement.

Comment

Installed firmware from Km9pro on Android box without Bluetooth remote, is it somehow possible to skip that first screen with pairing thing?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

salam
        i purchased mecool km9 like this

and with dmyco voice remote like this to control voice

but after i read from sites i discover that the remote not supported in mecool KM9-ATV9 firmware and after upgrade hang on pairing voice remote ( blue screen with hold - and ok ) .
        can any one help with an idea to skip this screen from the first start, and can the software KM9-ATV9.img can work with with dmyco voice remote.
        thank you

Comment

I not found anywhere the post on this subject.
          Yet it is something very important. Nobody find that annoying?
          On the IR remote, we see that there are letters on the buttons of the numbers but does not work. When pressing only the numbers come on the screen.
          With the firmware version android 6 this function worked perfectly.
          Before posting, I worked a lot on it.
          The remote.conf file is gone to /vendor/etc/remote_vs.conf
          I have edit, add the detail same previous firmware remote.conf, move to remote.tab1 and nothing works.
          The function stay always on numeric digits, I think it is necessary to activate the multiple key but I do not know how.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EAT0420_7.jpg
Views:	2650
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	775113

Comment

I tried playing an English movies from Hotstar (Sky) but says Your device is rooted and playing the content is not supported.

This is a brand new item purchased last week. So how can this be rooted and not play a movie?

Is there a way around it?

Comment

Originally posted by m10jo View Post
              salam
              i purchased mecool km9 like this

and with dmyco voice remote like this to control voice

but after i read from sites i discover that the remote not supported in mecool KM9-ATV9 firmware and after upgrade hang on pairing voice remote ( blue screen with hold - and ok ) .
              can any one help with an idea to skip this screen from the first start, and can the software KM9-ATV9.img can work with with dmyco voice remote.
              thank you
              you can't pair a non bluetooth remote, look for a bluetooth remote, in gearbest you have the original mecool voice remote for 8-9$

Comment

Originally posted by taox View Post

you can't pair a non bluetooth remote, look for a bluetooth remote, in gearbest you have the original mecool voice remote for 8-9$
                thank you for your response
                can i install software KM9-ATV9 after i get bluetooth remote in my km9 (not km9 pro)
                in other word the hardware of km9 can support km9pro software .

Comment

I have the first K9 that was sold with the bluetooth remote and I have installed the ATV 9 from the K9 pro with no problem at all

Στάλθηκε από το G8341 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

Hello.

I needle help. I buy a mecool km9pro.
                    When I want to watch a video on YouTube and this has the vp9 codec, the video looks very bad. It looks like when the codec is not compatible. The device is newly purchased. Everything else works well, the problem is with that codec. If I enter YouTube through the web browser, this fault is also seen in the embedded videos. Search google and I can not find another person that has happened to him. Does anyone know if it is a hardware problem or is it solved with some update? Thanks

Comment

HELLO I WOULD like to know if on KM9 PRO CLASSIC BRIKED IS possible to take this firmware or FIRMWARE KM9 PRO 4 GIGA 32

Comment

Originally posted by PabloRizzo View Post
                        Hello.

I needle help. I buy a mecool km9pro.
                        When I want to watch a video on YouTube and this has the vp9 codec, the video looks very bad. It looks like when the codec is not compatible. The device is newly purchased. Everything else works well, the problem is with that codec. If I enter YouTube through the web browser, this fault is also seen in the embedded videos. Search google and I can not find another person that has happened to him. Does anyone know if it is a hardware problem or is it solved with some update? Thanks
                        Either update your youtube version or uninstall the latest update.

Comment

Hello, I've tried all ATV 9 firmwares for my KM9 (voice remote) and they all have some weird colors, everything is pastel and red looks really weird, anybody else experienced this?

Now I updated via sdcard and can't rollback with the same method to 8.1 ATV I guess I'll have to wait for male to male USB cable to arrive and live with it so long.

Comment

Hello. I have problems with frame rate and fps. Anyone have an idea that hdmi self adaption works or not?

Comment

Hey everyone. Got this box (Mecool Km9 IR version with Android 9.0). I'm using ethernet connection for internet and was thinking of creating a hotspot for the living room with it. The thing is, the settings menu is quite limited and the normal android settings are nowhere to be found.

While meddling with it, i tryied installing an app to create a hotspot. When i first run the app, it openned the 'normal' android settings menu and i was able to configure the hotspot. But as soon as i turned it on, after a couple of seconds, it turned back off. Tried a couple of times, but i'm just not able to turn it on.

So my real questions are (if anyone knows):
                              • How can i access default android menu? (without having to install and run other apps)
                              • Is it possible to create a hotspot with this firmware/box?
                              Thanks in advance.

Comment

After flashing my KM9 with this image, box has a very poor reception of signal from remote device (with voice control). I have to point the remote directly to the box when with the previous I could point it away and the signal would be recieved still.
                                Can anybody assist how to fix this issue?

Originally posted by exotic34 View Post
                                Hello friend..

KM9 Pro firmware here ....

PI.V1.20190329 release-keys

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397954434

Thanks to a friend of Manhhung ..

Comment

Working...
                                X