H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
    Yes droidbox are a company that I bought an M8 from a few years ago. I think they split to form two separate companies and one became know as entertainment box or something. I have had no problems with customs but I am waiting for a torch baton which is late and may have been intercepted. I think some sellers do declare items as cheaper than they actually are or use gift but as I say, never had a problem. My box was a real bitch, the only advice the seller would give was do a system restore, which did nothing whatsoever.

I haven't used 4PDA but will in future, thanks for that.
    We are allowed only 4 gifts per year now custom free. they suspect us of getting cheap consignments to sell for profit here which tightens competition for local manufacturers. It was nice talking to you, I hope your new box is treating you well. good luck.

And fellow h96 max owners, I will try to update this thread with all that i manage to do, because people really dont like to post here and most search google for finding solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

We are allowed only 4 gifts per year now custom free. they suspect us of getting cheap consignments to sell for profit here which tightens competition for local manufacturers. It was nice talking to you, I hope your new box is treating you well. good luck.
      Nice talking to you too. And thanks.

Comment

So far (I THINK) this is the best firmware for this tv box!
        No errors , solid and stable!
        https://mega.nz/#!1YUEzCTA!mCOwT-68q...f2GLRjZSbl1MhQ
        It is from an identical hardware tv box called HK1 Pro
        Try it!

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
          Try it!
          When my X96 MAX arrives I might try it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

When my X96 MAX arrives I might try it. Thanks.
            You wanted to say H96 MAX !
            Right?

Comment

You wanted to say H96 MAX !
              Right?
              No, I returned my H96. Will this ROM have a problem with X96 MAX? Same hardware.

Comment

If there is a problem then it would be the wifi!
                Regards

Comment

Try it!
                  Thanks I will try this and report back. Have you tried beelink rom hellish mixture rom and poison rom?

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Thanks I will try this and report back. Have you tried beelink rom hellish mixture rom and poison rom?
                    Yes and it has many issues!

Comment

​​​​Link is not good. Requires a decryption key

Comment

Originally posted by gale View Post
                        ​​​​Link is not good. Requires a decryption key
                        If you mean the HK1 pro link of mega.nz, it's working fine!

Comment

I tried several times but there was a problem. Now everything is fine. Thanks now I'm going to try.

Comment

Confirmed link working fine. I had some problems while flashing the firmware, it was getting stuck at 83 % with partition verify error, but that is due to bad cable. I tried many times and succedded. Very good rom, infact the best of all I have tried.

Best rom: HK Pro 1. Literally has everything and with a little persuation, even voice search works. Youtube, video files all work flawlessly. Air mouse lags

Second best rom: Beelink GT1 mini rom port. Also very good, everything works. Infact if hk1 pro doesnt work for you, beelink is the best option. I am actually torn between which of these two i should keep as my daily driver.

Third good rom: X96 max port is very nice but mouse lags. Youtube on 1080p sometimes turns color to green. Within half an hour a couple of hangs were seen.

Second last option: Hellish mixture rom, its actually a multi port mixture rom created from beelink, xtmod and poison rom by a the only developer in 4pda forums. He has ported all the other ports too, although not hk1 pro i think. that is someone else's creation. Hellish mixture is good, but not the best, air mouse lags. play store does work after 15 minutes, i guess firmware updates google apps before letting us login.

Bad roms: poison rom. Biggest shortcoming is the play store wont work. Do what may, it just wont work. you cant login you cant do anything. that alone makes the case to throw poison rom out of the window, i dont know why i am even keeping it on my pc. I will delete it after I post this. Although the rom itself is truely the best out of all. its even better than beelink and hk1 pro. mouse is highly responsive. i wonder how just one major flaw drags the whole rom down. if the makers could just get play store to work, i would rate is higher than hk1 pro. its launcher is also the best. only play store is faulty. the rom gets 9/10 but due to play store it becomes 0/10

Will add more as people port and i test. I need to get a better cable. my current cable has frequent disconnections errors lots of issues. I am very adamant so I was able to have 9 successful flashed out of 233. Can you beat that persistance? Nevertheless I am getting it replaced today, so flashing wont be a pain in the future.

If you guys need links, do let me know.
                            Last edited by romcrazy; 01-21-2019, 06:10.

Comment

HK1 firmware installed. I was able to install only with USB cable - without the power cord. I have H96 x2 that after 5 min picture freezes and shuts down. I tried several firmware but only the HK1 solve this problem. I thought the hardware problem. It works well on the LG TV that is 1080p. With Philips 4K TV only works in 1080p, will not accept 4K resolution. This happens with the original firmware. I have information that this is happening on other new generation TVs. Beelink GT1-mini_113N0+ Open GApps Nano Package для H96 MAX X2 4 Гб is now the best option. I hope the guy from 4PDA to fix a problem with Lighthome launcher. Beelink solved the problem with the new firmware. Sorry for my bad english
                              Last edited by gale; 01-21-2019, 11:23.

Comment

Originally posted by gale View Post
                                H1 firmware installed. I was able to install only with USB cable - without the power cord. I have H96 x2 that after 5 min picture freezes and shuts down. I tried several firmware but only the H1 solve this problem. I thought the hardware problem. It works well on the LG TV that is 1080p. With Philips 4K TV only works in 1080p, will not accept 4K resolution. This happens with the original firmware. I have information that this is happening on other new generation TVs. Beelink GT1-mini_113N0+ Open GApps Nano Package для H96 MAX X2 4 Гб is now the best option. I hope the guy from 4PDA to fix a problem with Lighthome launcher. Beelink solved the problem with the new firmware. Sorry for my bad english
                                yes beelink is very good firmware, although what launcher problem you are having?

also, i replaced the cable with a costlier one and now no more errors no more disconnects no more no detections. perfect flashings and yes like you said, its now flashing without power cord and without reset button.

Comment

Working...
                                X