Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

MAYBE!!!
    I try out the DDR3 rom. I am able to go in but the interface become very slow and it is not able to start any app. It will hang there and move a bit. Super slow. I do not know if it is hardware issue. Any way to find out. I am lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawncck View Post
      Help. I bought another h96 max x2. I flash it w T95x2 rom. But it was unable to boot up.
      It hang at the T95x2 logo screen. And I flash the original rom of h96 and it hang at the h96 max x2 logo screen. Any solution for me. It is a new box.
      Guy had the option to buy better boxes with good wifi antenna. But guy stuck to this bad wifi box. Guy should have used common sense.

I try out the DDR3 rom. I am able to go in but the interface become very slow and it is not able to start any app. It will hang there and move a bit. Super slow. I do not know if it is hardware issue. Any way to find out. I am lost.
      Use CPU-Z to find out which ram you have. Every firmware is ram specific. They mention 4gb 32gb or 2gb 16gb with every firmware.

You should have first seen which stock firmware you originally had. You can flash that and then update in from within android. That way you get android 9 without flashing.

Comment

Unfortunately if it is a S905X2 ddr3 version there are not much firmwares to test and see if there is hardware issue!

Comment

segej made some more ports, has anyone tried them?

This is ported from the N5 Max running Android 9: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87173464
          This one is ported from Wechip V8 Max running Android 8.1, but he added the top and lower bars: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87173464

I tried the Wechip one but my box would reboot whenever I tried to bring the notification bar down. I did check the 'Whether overwrite key' when I flashed it though... not sure if I should've or not. Segej didn't say to or not.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
            segej made some more ports, has anyone tried them?

This is ported from the N5 Max running Android 9: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87173464
            This one is ported from Wechip V8 Max running Android 8.1, but he added the top and lower bars: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=87173464

I tried the Wechip one but my box would reboot whenever I tried to bring the notification bar down. I did check the 'Whether overwrite key' when I flashed it though... not sure if I should've or not. Segej didn't say to or not.
            Let us know how the N5 Max Android 9 port works on this box if you try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post

Let us know how the N5 Max Android 9 port works on this box if you try it.
              So far so good. I like it better than our official firmware for a few reasons:
              1. It's leaner. Fewer pre-installed apps, no pre-installed kodi apps forcing you to clear data to start fresh etc.
              2. There's a screensaver. The way I use my box sometimes, I leave the screen up for as long as hours, so having a screensaver is nice, but not a big deal.
              3. The stock launcher is actually decent. I'll still use squarehome 3 launcher because I've made a custom layout that I like, but I think it is better than the H96 launcher.

Other things to mention:
              -The box comes with basic built-in root, much like the H96 firmware. Was kind of worried that it didn't since I think segej said it didn't (used google translate so I'm not sure)
              -Youtube mobile app plays without any hitches/stutters that I experienced with 8.1 roms.
              -Enter key on physical keyboard doesn't work and needs to be fixed. This is why I was a little worried about root access, as it's needed to fix the keyboard. Thankfully it's rooted and it can easily be fixed.

Literally just installed it, so I'll update other findings if I come across any.

Comment

So far so good. I like it better than our official firmware for a few reasons:
                1. It's leaner. Fewer pre-installed apps, no pre-installed kodi apps forcing you to clear data to start fresh etc.
                2. There's a screensaver. The way I use my box sometimes, I leave the screen up for as long as hours, so having a screensaver is nice, but not a big deal.
                3. The stock launcher is actually decent. I'll still use squarehome 3 launcher because I've made a custom layout that I like, but I think it is better than the H96 launcher.

Other things to mention:
                -The box comes with basic built-in root, much like the H96 firmware. Was kind of worried that it didn't since I think segej said it didn't (used google translate so I'm not sure)
                -Youtube mobile app plays without any hitches/stutters that I experienced with 8.1 roms.
                -Enter key on physical keyboard doesn't work and needs to be fixed. This is why I was a little worried about root access, as it's needed to fix the keyboard. Thankfully it's rooted and it can easily be fixed.

Literally just installed it, so I'll update other findings if I come across any.
                Basically its official firmware with a different launcher a screen saver. All these things are present on official pie firmware. I havent needed to change from official since I installed it.

Comment

Yeah it's more or less the same. I'll be keeping this as my go to firmware though as I prefer it slightly over stock. Stock H96 firmware is slightly bloated.

Comment

Yeah it's more or less the same. I'll be keeping this as my go to firmware though as I prefer it slightly over stock. Stock H96 firmware is slightly bloated.
                    Bloated with what? I am sorry I am not trying to pimp for official firmware but it seems weird to use ports when they dont give any advantage over stock. All my issues with oreo, were corrected in pie, honestly I was regretting purchase of this box because of weak wifi and every forum everywhere kept saying chinese box owners should not expect updates because they got your money are they wont fix stuff for you, and porting scene was quite less for our box since big rom creators had no interest in our box and wifi chips. But the update we got, I am happy. like a lot happy. Wifi is still bad but any small router with OpenWRT will provide you wired ethernet at top speeds. AND YOU CAN UPDATE STOCK. Thats a milestone advantage.

I will turn to a port when someone manages to remove stock root and option to magisk becomes available. My only issue right now is that asphalt 9 doesnt install from play store and asphalt 8 needs wifi and wont use ethernet. There is an xposed module which can fake ethernet as wifi for specific apps but xposed itself has not come to pie officially. So by the time xposed is brought to pie, I hope that either stock developer or custom porters could bring magisk to us.

Comment

I'm using stock 9 on this box, I just replace some of the apps that's on it, it does not seem bloated to me, I just remove or replace what is there.

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

Bloated with what? I am sorry I am not trying to pimp for official firmware but it seems weird to use ports when they dont give any advantage over stock. All my issues with oreo, were corrected in pie, honestly I was regretting purchase of this box because of weak wifi and every forum everywhere kept saying chinese box owners should not expect updates because they got your money are they wont fix stuff for you, and porting scene was quite less for our box since big rom creators had no interest in our box and wifi chips. But the update we got, I am happy. like a lot happy. Wifi is still bad but any small router with OpenWRT will provide you wired ethernet at top speeds. AND YOU CAN UPDATE STOCK. Thats a milestone advantage.

I will turn to a port when someone manages to remove stock root and option to magisk becomes available. My only issue right now is that asphalt 9 doesnt install from play store and asphalt 8 needs wifi and wont use ethernet. There is an xposed module which can fake ethernet as wifi for specific apps but xposed itself has not come to pie officially. So by the time xposed is brought to pie, I hope that either stock developer or custom porters could bring magisk to us.
                        Again just slightly bloated relatively speaking. The port comes with fewer preinstalled apps. Plus on stock there seems to be a script that makes kodi preinstall repos and addons forcing you to clear data, even if you do a fresh install from the play store.

Minor annoyance and not worth changing for. Just saying this will be the one i stick with for now.

Comment

Talking about bloatware on a pre rooted device? Install titanium and you can do away even with system apps.

Comment

I realize that. I just like simplicity when setting up boxes. They otherwise seem the same, so if one is easier to setup.. even if it's just slight, I'm going to go with that one. Plus as mentioned, this one has a screensaver which is actually useful for my uses.

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post
                              Talking about bloatware on a pre rooted device? Install titanium and you can do away even with system apps.
                              And this app can easily do the job :

It's also and in playstore!

Comment

Originally posted by Serena
                                Click to download H96 MAX firmware from VISSONTECH https://www.vissontech.com/h96-max-firmware/
                                Sorry but this thread is about Amlogic S905X2 H96 MAX X2 and not for H96 MAX TV Box with RK3328 !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X