H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
    First time i see this firmware version so i don't think i can identify the real version of your tv box!
    But i can say with sure that till now the 4/32 tv box from banggood was an lpddr3 version!
    And also , i'm sure that these things are changing time to time!
    So , i think you should try both of the 2 versions and give us the ... results!
    Don't worry nothing will be happened if you try the wrong version...!
    Just flash the other one and everything will be ok!
    Is there any possibility to brick the device by flashing the wrong firmware update ? Is there a way to find out if my version is 8DDR3 or LPDDR3 ?

Has anyone tried the new October firmware ?

Comment

Originally posted by himtan View Post

Is there any possibility to brick the device by flashing the wrong firmware update ? Is there a way to find out if my version is 8DDR3 or LPDDR3 ?

Has anyone tried the new October firmware ?
      If the firmware is not for your tv box the usb tool will stop with an error!
      Then try to ... flash the other!
      As simple as that!

Comment

If the firmware is not for your tv box the usb tool will stop with an error!
        Then try to ... flash the other!
        As simple as that!
        After many failed attempts i managed to flash successfully the u214 firmware. Photo of the updated system :
        Attached Files

Comment

After many failed attempts i managed to flash successfully the u214 firmware. Photo of the updated system :
          So , as you figured out you have the good version of the H96 MAX X2 , the one which can take both of the 2 firmwares , its and the one for lpddr3!
          And the lpddr3 pie version of this tv box has many changes and a first look of a Navigation Bar but unfortunately still without a status/notification bar!

Comment

So , as you figured out you have the good version of the H96 MAX X2 , the one which can take both of the 2 firmwares , its and the one for lpddr3!
            And the lpddr3 pie version of this tv box has many changes and a first look of a Navigation Bar but unfortunately still without a status/notification bar!

How do you know that it can take both firmwares ? I think that it failed with the aml firmware, only u214 succeeded. At first it failed with both and i thought that it will be bricked for ever . Then i changed the software to latest "Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.1.7.3" and tried both with key overwrite and without key ovewrite and i managed to flash it successfully.

Comment

How do you know that it can take both firmwares ? I think that it failed with the aml firmware, only u214 succeeded. At first it failed with both and i thought that it will be bricked for ever . Then i changed the software to latest "Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.1.7.3" and tried both with key overwrite and without key ovewrite and i managed to flash it successfully.
              If you have used this firmware : https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...J-XHAImx91RH7z
              that means that you have the version i told you!
              And i know it because i've tested it myself very recently ... yesterday in a 4/64 from bg !

Comment

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post
                then i found a comment on xda about the reset thing and it worked.
                Can you please post the link to that XDA comment or explain more about the solution? I am very frustrated and keep trying burning a ROM into my s905X2 device but always get an error in burning tool, despite following all instructions!

Thanks

Comment

If you have used this firmware : https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...J-XHAImx91RH7z
                  that means that you have the version i told you!
                  And i know it because i've tested it myself very recently ... yesterday in a 4/64 from bg !
                  Yes this is the firmware that i flashed successfully. If you can flash both of the firmwares how could you know which is the right (better one) for your device ?

Originally posted by salehdeh76 View Post

Can you please post the link to that XDA comment or explain more about the solution? I am very frustrated and keep trying burning a ROM into my s905X2 device but always get an error in burning tool, despite following all instructions!

Thanks
                  Try with the latest program : https://androiddatahost.com/wp-conte...l_v2.1.7.3.zip

Comment

Yes this is the firmware that i flashed successfully. If you can flash both of the firmwares how could you know which is the right (better one) for your device ?
                    If your tv box was lpddr3 version it wouldn't boot with this firmware!
                    It would work only with this one :

Comment

Hi, I've just bought an H96 Max X2 and it came with Android 9.0 loaded. It is sat next to the router so is cabled to it by Ethernet. All seems good but when I install NordVPN and connect to any server, the connection drops after approx 10 seconds and it disconnects the Ethernet connection. So I have to reboot the box to get it back online.

I spent an hour online chat with Nord yesterday trying different settings and the only way we could get it to work was if I used Wifi to the router instead of Ethernet.

Today I booted it into Recovery mode and did a Factory Reset, loaded Nord and tried it but it still has the same problem.

So I either have a faulty box or the firmware has a bug.

A friend has the same box running v8.1 and he runs Nord with no issues, so I'm thinking its the firmware.

Here is a screen shot of the firmware. When I ask it to update, the box says it is running the latest version with no further updates.

Are there any other v9 firmware versions I can try ?

thanks

Last edited by Nqtraderman; 10-19-2019, 11:43.

Comment

Hello.I want to buy this box.but I have some general expectations:1)Does this box plays smooth 1920x1080p Netflix with Coreelec?(boot from microSD) 2)Can I find a twrp for this,then fully unroot and root with magisk?3) Does it have playstore?4)Is there any firmware with statusbar/navbar?If not,can someone suggest me another S905x2 box please?

Comment

Originally posted by Nqtraderman View Post
                          Hi, I've just bought an H96 Max X2 and it came with Android 9.0 loaded. It is sat next to the router so is cabled to it by Ethernet. All seems good but when I install NordVPN and connect to any server, the connection drops after approx 10 seconds and it disconnects the Ethernet connection. So I have to reboot the box to get it back online.

Here is a screen shot of the firmware

Comment

Originally posted by Nqtraderman View Post

Give us more details because the 1st photo it's too small....!
                            Anyway .... if i see well on the second photo of yours you must have the lpddr4 (8DDR3) version so you can try and the other one from lpddr3 version which is this :

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by kos25k View Post
                              Hello.I want to buy this box.but I have some general expectations:1)Does this box plays smooth 1920x1080p Netflix with Coreelec?(boot from microSD) 2)Can I find a twrp for this,then fully unroot and root with magisk?3) Does it have playstore?4)Is there any firmware with statusbar/navbar?If not,can someone suggest me another S905x2 box please?
                              1) -- Yes
                              2) -- Yes , but no magisk so far on Android 9 in all these tv boxes...!
                              3) -- Yes
                              4) -- Android 9 for lpddr3 version has Navbar but hasn't status bar!
                              Better software support has beelink so far ...

Comment

Give us more details because the 1st photo it's too small....!
                                Anyway .... if i see well on the second photo of yours you must have the lpddr4 (8DDR3) version so you can try and the other one from lpddr3 version which is this :

Good luck!

Sorry, dunno how that happened, here is the image again

Comment

Working...
                                X