Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaft65 View Post
    Hi gatos

Yes, I had flashed quite a few images over a year or so, it wasn't a flash that bricked the box, last week it just wouldn't boot up anymore. Only sign of life are the two blue and one red light.

I've read somewhere you can possibly get a temporary boot loader to try and get it past the dreaded 2% error.
    Hmm...
    Can you identify if your tv box motherboard is the same with the one who told about short pins?

Comment

I'm sorry gatos, I've just realised I've written my replies on the wrong thread!

I have two boxes I am trying to revive, an H96Pro Plus and a H96 MAX X2.

It is the Pro Plus that errors at 2%.

The MAX X2 is completely dead apart from a faint red light, after a flash where I unchecked 'Erase Bootloader' on bad advice!

It completed the image successfully but also bricked the box. It now isn't recognised by my laptop.
      I did short the pins on the MAX X2 and yes, the mainboard looked the same as an earlier post showing where the pins were.

Apologies for the confusion!

Comment

I'm sorry gatos, I've just realised I've written my replies on the wrong thread!

I have two boxes I am trying to revive, an H96Pro Plus and a H96 MAX X2.

It is the Pro Plus that errors at 2%.

The MAX X2 is completely dead apart from a faint red light, after a flash where I unchecked 'Erase Bootloader' on bad advice!

It completed the image successfully but also bricked the box. It now isn't recognised by my laptop.
        I did short the pins on the MAX X2 and yes, the mainboard looked the same as an earlier post showing where the pins were.

Apologies for the confusion!

2% means in simple words ... wrong firmware...!
        Look the motherboard from your Pro Plus and if it says LP or something else should help you to identify the proper firmware...
        Now for the MAX X2 the short pins ''trick'' should have bring your tv box in life...!
        What else i can say....!
        I don't know more...!

Comment

Thanks for your help gatos, I am going to leave the Max X2 as it's under warranty.
          I've tried so many ROM's for the 96Pro plus that other people with my box specs have had success with I'm beginning to wonder if one of the chips is faulty.

Comment

Thanks for your help gatos, I am going to leave the Max X2 as it's under warranty.
            I've tried so many ROM's for the 96Pro plus that other people with my box specs have had success with I'm beginning to wonder if one of the chips is faulty.
            Some of these tv boxes with LP version have had these similar problems so if it is one of these , this could be a possibility and in fact a very bad one!

Comment

I fear you could be correct gatos. Anyway, thanks very much for your help.

Comment

On ROM 'aml_s905x2_9.0_H96Max_X2_mac_wifi_20190521', I can bring up the regular Android settings as well as droid settings.

On ROM 'aml_s905x2_9.0_H96Max_X2_mac_wifi_20190 920', I can only bring up droid settings that appear on right side of screen. Is there no access to the regular Android settings? I hate just the droid settings on v20190920.

Click image for larger version  Name:	android-9-pie-settings-100766931-large.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	789816
                Last edited by jcpriest; 11-18-2019, 23:15. Reason: added photo

Comment

is there a difference on the version v20190920?!

Comment

I don't know of any changelog.

Comment

On lpddr3 version 20190920 which as we said is compatible and for ddr4 version there are some things missing and some things are better (generally) !
                      So with the proper twrp , backup your tv box , test and the other firmwares (stock or custom) and look by yourself the differences!

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                        No, it's just an annoyance I don't want to deal with, even if it's infrequent.? I was happy with the GT king rom, so even the smallest issue will make me switch back.
                        I decided to try GT King Rom. One problem I found is that if you turn off the box then you cannot turn it on by the remote controller (you have to disconnect/reconnect the power cable).Although this is not a big problem for me as I already use a power switch to controll the box (I discoverd that it gives power to USB even if it is turned off - so a USB cooling fan I am using was working continously) it is still annoying.Is there any known fix for this?

Comment

Latest update gt king rom (nov22):

Aida shows only 1G of ram
                          Led light is wrong. Red is on, blue is off
                          5G wifi is fast 40-50/s

Is it only me?

I dont know how to report bugs to sergej. If anyone know please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by sseleraci View Post

5G wifi is fast 40-50/s

Is it only me?

Hmm the LEDs worked on his previous build, and I'm not sure about the ram as I didn't check.?  I thought this build was just to fix the voice control.?  I'm currently using his N5Max port with added upper and lower bars.

I can't report any issues to him either as I don't have an account there and I don't speak russian so I can't even sign up.?  I think someone reported the LED issue, but I don't think anyone mentioned the RAM.
                            Originally posted by ath156 View Post

I decided to try GT King Rom. One problem I found is that if you turn off the box then you cannot turn it on by the remote controller (you have to disconnect/reconnect the power cable).Although this is not a big problem for me as I already use a power switch to controll the box (I discoverd that it gives power to USB even if it is turned off - so a USB cooling fan I am using was working continously) it is still annoying.Is there any known fix for this?
                            I think someone brought it up but I dunno if he's going to fix it.?  He doesn't seem to be a rom developer, he mostly just does ports, but does seem to have a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to roms.

Comment

Originally posted by sseleraci View Post

5G wifi is fast 40-50/s

Is it only me?

In the version I use the light (blue or red) is correct.Also Aida shows correctly 4GB.Can you give a link of the updated firmware?
                              The original developer (Alvatech) has 2 versions of the GTking Rom for 2 different versions of GT1-mini box.Maybe there is the problem? Your box is LPDDR3 or 8DDR3?memory 4/64?

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

In the version I use the light (blue or red) is correct.Also Aida shows correctly 4GB.Can you give a link of the updated firmware?
                                The original developer (Alvatech) has 2 versions of the GTking Rom for 2 different versions of GT1-mini box.Maybe there is the problem? Your box is LPDDR3 or 8DDR3?memory 4/64?
                                Previous version was fine, voice was working ( libaudio... replaced)
                                here is update version if you want to try.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска
                                Last edited by sseleraci; 11-23-2019, 11:21. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                                X