H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jagadeeshpb View Post
    I have h96 max x2 4/64gb version which frequently crashes. Even VLC crashes midway and the android box restarts itself. I have installed 20190920 firmware on it.
    Is there anyway I can debug what the issue could be.
    I connect to 5ghz wifi band. I read in many forums that wifi is very faulty and better to use cable connection.
    I even switched off wifi few times but still noticed, VLC crashing.
    Also how do I find its DDR3/DD4? I ordered this on ali-express
    Try to install via cable both of the firmwares...
    If both can installed ok then it's ddr4 version otherwise you have the lpddr3 version!
    You can also try and the Android 8.1 versions!

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Yes I did.Look my post over this.
      I was curious so I went ahead and installed sergej's newer build to see if I experience the same issues you encountered. I have the 4GB DDR4 / 32GB variant (which I believe is what sergej has) and AIDA64 reports 4GB of RAM. LED also works properly. So clearly this ROM is not compatible with all H96 Max X2 variants.

There were indeed some changes made to the port; some good, some bad. As you mentioned, more apps were added, one in russian. And also, the upper and lower bars are now set to auto-hide instead of manual control. Personally I prefer manual control, and the bars auto-hide on full-screen apps. Do you happen to remember if the newer build auto-hid the upper and lower bars? I'm curious if it's something I did.

On the plus side, apparently this newer build fixes voice (but I don't use that anyway) and I also didn't have to force landscape on fullscreen apps, which I believe I had to on the older build.

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

Try to install via cable both of the firmwares...
        If both can installed ok then it's ddr4 version otherwise you have the lpddr3 version!
        You can also try and the Android 8.1 versions!
        Thanks. I tried with older version too and it kept crashing. Do you guys use the device with Wifi on? Meanwhile is there any other stable build after 20190920?

Comment

Originally posted by jagadeeshpb View Post

Thanks. I tried with older version too and it kept crashing. Do you guys use the device with Wifi on? Meanwhile is there any other stable build after 20190920?
          Did you choose "Full Erase" instead of "Normal Erase" as sometimes it corrects some strange problems? I am also talking about the USB burning method (cable).

Comment

There is a new Android 9 rom (dated 3/12/2019) for HK1 plus (which seems to be very similar to ours) and which is for both 2GB and 4 GB ram.I don't know if we can use it as it is or if it needs some kind of port.Also there is no information yet about what is new at this rom.
            Anyway I am still using the GT King rom (previous version) which seems perfect to me.Only minor problem that you have to unplug/replug the box once it is turned off (but in practice this is not a problem for me because I use a switch in order to stop the USB cooling fun I use and which otherwise would keep working even after turnig off the box).

Comment

There is a new Android 9 rom (dated 3/12/2019) for HK1 plus (which seems to be very similar to ours) and which is for both 2GB and 4 GB ram.I don't know if we can use it as it is or if it needs some kind of port.Also there is no information yet about what is new at this rom.
              Anyway I am still using the GT King rom (previous version) which seems perfect to me.Only minor problem that you have to unplug/replug the box once it is turned off (but in practice this is not a problem for me because I use a switch in order to stop the USB cooling fun I use and which otherwise would keep working even after turnig off the box).
              Do you happen to have the link to the older version? I don't have any issues with the newer one, but I preferred the older one, as it didn't have this russian app, and the navigation bar didn't auto-hide.

In regards to the HK1 Plus, I don't think it will work without some sort of port. Ethernet might work, but wifi probably won't. I believe the HK1 Pro is the same as our box and the firmwares are interchangeable, but not the Plus AFAIK. If it was, I'm sure sergej will let us know.

Edit: nm i'm thinking of the hk1 play
              Last edited by rahzel; 12-05-2019, 21:44.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                Do you happen to have the link to the older version? I don't have any issues with the newer one, but I preferred the older one, as it didn't have this russian app, and the navigation bar didn't auto-hide.

In regards to the HK1 Plus, I don't think it will work without some sort of port. Ethernet might work, but wifi probably won't. I believe the HK1 Pro is the same as our box and the firmwares are interchangeable, but not the Plus AFAIK. If it was, I'm sure sergej will let us know.

Edit: nm i'm thinking of the hk1 play
                If you really need the older version of GT King rom I can upload it for you at MEGA tomorrow.

Comment

If you really need the older version of GT King rom I can upload it for you at MEGA tomorrow.
                  If you don't mind.

Unless your bandwidth is limited, it's fine.

Also, FYI: if you remember the firmware I posted here:? https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-lan-bt/page49

The person at 4pda that put together this ROM said he tweaked it and removed the OTA app so it won't bother you to update.?  I'm going to give this one another try, as the OTA update reminders is the sole reason I uninstalled.?  It was very good otherwise.

I would still appreciate the older GT King rom if possible, in case this one doesn't work out.

Anyway, link to the aforementioned updated HK1 port/rom: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1HHTo...xport=download
                  Last edited by rahzel; 12-06-2019, 00:17.

Comment

rahzel here is the link for the older version of GT King rom:
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

ath156, thanks. Much appreciated.

I think the GT King and HK1 Plus / GT1 port are the best roms for our box at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                        ath156, thanks. Much appreciated.

I think the GT King and HK1 Plus / GT1 port are the best roms for our box at the moment.
                        If you are using the hk1 rom is it correct that you can turn it back ON by the Remote Control once it was turned OFF?
                        This is the only problem that I have with the GT King rom (which is the same also to other roms as I found).It cannot be fixed easily.There is a fix in coreelec but only if you turn it off in coreelec.If you turn it off in android the only solution is unplug/replug.

Comment

ath156, sorry I'm currently on the GT King rom you re-uploaded for me (yeah I switch roms too often ). I honestly don't even know if I have the remote anymore as I don't use it.

Comment

I just installed the GT King AT v3.1b Rom on both my boxes (LPDDR3) and have no problems turning them on\off with the remote. I love having a pull down notifications bar now. Thank you @ath156 for posting it here. I could not get the HK1 ROM to install

Comment

Originally posted by jcpriest View Post
                              I just installed the GT King AT v3.1b Rom on both my boxes (LPDDR3) and have no problems turning them on\off with the remote. I love having a pull down notifications bar now. Thank you @ath156 for posting it here. I could not get the HK1 ROM to install
                              Mine is 8DDR3 so maybe this explains the different function of the remote control under the same rom. I suppose you actually fully turn off/on your box and no just in sleep mode.
                              There is a fix for this in coreelec but only if you turn it off from coreelec and not from android system. Anyway though I don't need this function I was curious to find the reason and maybe fix it just for the fun of fixing it.
                              Otherwise this is a perfect rom for my needs.
                              Could you please also check if you still have power to your USB ports once you turn off your box? To one or both of them?

Comment

Mine is 8DDR3 so maybe this explains the different function of the remote control under the same rom. I suppose you actually fully turn off/on your box and no just in sleep mode.
                                There is a fix for this in coreelec but only if you turn it off from coreelec and not from android system. Anyway though I don't need this function I was curious to find the reason and maybe fix it just for the fun of fixing it.
                                Otherwise this is a perfect rom for my needs.
                                Could you please also check if you still have power to your USB ports once you turn off your box? To one or both of them?
                                Yes, I use shut down and not sleep (under droid settings)
                                 No, there is no power to USB ports when box is shut down

Comment

Working...
                                X