H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kipir View Post
    ...with root explorer.which folders or files should I get...
    #/vendor/etc
    remote.cfg
    remote.tab1
    remote.tab2
    remote.tab3

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

#/vendor/etc
      remote.cfg
      remote.tab1
      remote.tab2
      remote.tab3
      Thank you. I think this is just for the remote.

Comment

hello guys there is 2 links available for ROM which one should i have to download ?
        my box is H96Max X2 4g/64g RAM is DDR4

CPU: Amlogic S905x2 Firmware

Brand Model: H96 Max X2
        RAM: 8DDR3

——Amlogic S905x2 Android 9.0 ?Download?https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...J-XHAImx91RH7z

RAM: LPDDR3

——Amlogic S905x2 Android 9.0 ?Download?https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BQ4iLC_wLEbLVV

please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by rajbha View Post
          hello guys there is 2 links available for ROM which one should i have to download ?
          my box is H96Max X2 4g/64g RAM is DDR4

CPU: Amlogic S905x2 Firmware

Brand Model: H96 Max X2
          RAM: 8DDR3

——Amlogic S905x2 Android 9.0 ?Download?https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...J-XHAImx91RH7z

RAM: LPDDR3

——Amlogic S905x2 Android 9.0 ?Download?https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BQ4iLC_wLEbLVV

please help me.
          If you have the ddr4 model then you can flash both of the stock firmwares!
          Ddr4 model have this privilege , instead of the lpddr3 which can be flashed only with their lp firmware ONLY!

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

If you have the ddr4 model then you can flash both of the stock firmwares!
            Ddr4 model have this privilege , instead of the lpddr3 which can be flashed only with their lp firmware ONLY!
            thank you so much

Comment

Has anyone tried the newly released "X2 9.0 A" firmware, dated August 11th 2020? Does it have upper and lower bars? Root?

This is the one I'm referring to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BQ4iLC_wLEbLVV

I tried the previous version before and it had the lower navigation bar, but it was somewhat buggy in my experience. Can't remember exactly what it was, as it was several months ago when I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                Has anyone tried the newly released "X2 9.0 A" firmware, dated August 11th 2020? Does it have upper and lower bars? Root?

This is the one I'm referring to: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...BQ4iLC_wLEbLVV

I tried the previous version before and it had the lower navigation bar, but it was somewhat buggy in my experience. Can't remember exactly what it was, as it was several months ago when I tried it.

Yes it has...
                Both upper and lower bars...!
                I have flash it on a 4/32 lp model but i'm not further tested it for bugs!
                It look nice , although , with my first impression ...!

Comment

You can also try the following which was made for HK1 plus 4G just recently (if you remember we discussed some time ago that this box is very similar to ours). If I remember wel we have the same version of H96 max X2 (8DDR3). https://yadi.sk/d/hl1mqxGwXxWOMQ

I attach also the notes about it :
                  "
                  Maybe someone needs it. The firmware is based on Vortex AOSP v1.1
                  The processor frequency is increased to 1.910 GHz.
                  Install via
                  USB Burning Tool
                  Firmware the first time may not start, the splash screen will blink and go out, you just need to turn off the power and the prefix will start and this will not happen again.
                  The clock, wifi, Bluetooth, LAN are working, afr and root are turned on and off in the settings"

If you try it or both of the new firmwares (as I remember you said that you change frequently roms) please report impressions here.

Comment

I just forgot to say that I have no tried it myself as I have no spare time for the moment !

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

You can also try the following which was made for HK1 plus 4G just recently (if you remember we discussed some time ago that this box is very similar to ours). If I remember wel we have the same version of H96 max X2 (8DDR3). https://yadi.sk/d/hl1mqxGwXxWOMQ

I attach also the notes about it :
                      "
                      Maybe someone needs it. The firmware is based on Vortex AOSP v1.1
                      The processor frequency is increased to 1.910 GHz.
                      Install via

USB Burning Tool
                      Firmware the first time may not start, the splash screen will blink and go out, you just need to turn off the power and the prefix will start and this will not happen again.
                      The clock, wifi, Bluetooth, LAN are working, afr and root are turned on and off in the settings"

If you try it or both of the new firmwares (as I remember you said that you change frequently roms) please report impressions here.

I've only been changing roms because I have been trying to find one that I'm happy with. I'm still using the GT King port and I'm still pretty happy with it, so I might not even try it to be honest. The only reason I'm curious about the H96 firmware is because it's an official firmware for our box. I just prefer firmwares made specifically for the box for some reason. I just want a 100% stable rom with upper and lower bars and root would be nice... that's all I really care about.

Btw, I have the 4G/32G DDR4 variant fwiw.

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post

Yes it has...
                      Both upper and lower bars...!
                      I have flash it on a 4/32 lp model but i'm not further tested it for bugs!
                      It look nice , although , with my first impression ...!
                      Thanks. Might give it a shot.
                      Last edited by rahzel; 09-19-2020, 06:20.

Comment

I've only been changing roms because I have been trying to find one that I'm happy with. I'm still using the GT King port and I'm still pretty happy with it, so I might not even try it to be honest. The only reason I'm curious about the H96 firmware is because it's an official firmware for our box. I just prefer firmwares made specifically for the box for some reason. I just want a 100% stable rom with upper and lower bars and root would be nice... that's all I really care about.

Btw, I have the 4G/32G DDR4 variant fwiw.
                        I feel exactly the same as you. I'm still also using the GT King port and I am also happy with it. So I am not so eager to try any other rom, that probably has nothing more for my needs.
                        On the other hand I am still experimenting with my other box (H96 max X3) for which I have made a custom rom and still making small improvements/additions to it.

Comment

Can someone please tell me which is the current best rom for h96 max x2 and whether we can flash rom by twrp or not?
                          I have 4gb/32gb variant.
                          Last edited by Meruem; 09-21-2020, 19:44.

Comment

So I'm currently on the latest official August 11th 2020 firmware and so far it's alright. It has upper and lower bars as gatos said, but it has the same bug as the previous version where the lower bar stays transparent and the navigation buttons stay white on certain white pages, so it's almost impossible to see the navigation buttons. For example, this happens in the aosp settings menu. It's a somewhat minor annoyance but nothing major. The navigation bar is supposed to go black with white navigation buttons.

This firmware has all of the settings available. IIRC, the older firmware didn't have one of the settings available but I can't remember which one.

Firmware is fairly lightweight with minimal bloat. And it seems to have system level root access.

I'd say if you're using GT King port or the N5Max port, there's no real reason to bother. But if you want official firmware, it's pretty good.

Comment

Can you provide me with the link of Gt king port and tell me the version to flash as I could not find it and in previous posts it was written that newer versions of Gt king port have some issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Meruem View Post
                                Can you provide me with the link of Gt king port and tell me the version to flash as I could not find it and in previous posts it was written that newer versions of Gt king port have some issues?
                                This is the version of GT King port I use even today and this is what I have given to rahzel a long time ago

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                X