Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ffroms View Post
    New update is out. Weather icon is no more. Haven't noticed any other improvements.
    Still same problems with USB3.0 and slow writing speed.
    try this:

- unplug your hdd/ssd
    - Press rst button in AV port
    - plug 5v 2.5A

in recovery,

- wipe cache
    - wipe data
    - power off the box

flash firmware like in this video

Again go in recovery,

- wipe cache
    - wipe data
    - power off the box

- plug your hdd/ssd
    - power on the box
    format you hdd as external storage

Comment

Yep. I tried that. Even tried to format as internal drive but no luck. When it is internal then it is in ext3 format (I think) and as external/removable then it is in FAT32.
      I have same problems with USB3 thumb drive like with internal SSD.

Comment

trebor commented 02-16-2019, 22:59

If you can Find the APK you could try, beware anything could go wrong...
        Can you share the A95X Plus Box system/vendor/app/Launcher/Launher.apk library?

The manufacturer of two boxes can be one, the library structure can be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ffroms View Post
          Yep. I tried that. Even tried to format as internal drive but no luck. When it is internal then it is in ext3 format (I think) and as external/removable then it is in FAT32.
          I have same problems with USB3 thumb drive like with internal SSD.
          unplug both FFC/FPC side cable connector, blow on the boards connectors and replug this cable.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I recently received an OTA update(yesterday), and i went ahead and updated the device.
            But the update seems to make no difference.
            If you guys have any idea of the change-log, can you please enlighten.
            I had a problem with YouTube which still persists.(at 1080p 60fps the image starts showing greens blocks and artifacts)
            do you have any ideas who is the manufacturer of this TV box?

cheers,
            Sid

Comment

Manufacturer "WeChip"

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                Manufacturer "WeChip"
                Thanks Berg cheers.
                Did you get yours delivered?

Comment

Hi Sid

-yep,I got my Box on Monday

another Box with some or at least some of BUGs too

"As Usual"!

-I'v changed PSU with "4Amper"!! 2,5A not enough if you use couple of HDDs(external) or mounted SSD/HDD !!
                  need at min.3Amper keep in mind

-Seems that H264-"10bit" videos O.K with MXPlayer !! (with N6 does not play!)

-"Picture Quality"(as my first criteria) NOT better than RK3399 !!
                  N6(or X99 or H96...) better for this area!

-"OverHeating" issue;NO

--Settings>>Picture those modes does not work!! I do not set and fix it! so its not effective
                  --Screen Saver;Works! but X99 and N6 NO!!! this good BUT does not change it(or at least its not fix it!
                  such as there is no any set for "close" so if you leave 5min. than works after 5min but when you watch
                  for example IPTV(from related Apk.) then its stop it after 5min. !!! might be this issue related with this
                  Apk. because then I'v changed this Apk. from another related different Apk. then it works and does
                  not closed after 5min.!!

--"Price";kinda expensive! $ 50/60 O.K

-"KODI" v18 LEIA O.K

FYI;I'v already uninstalled some of problematic Apk.s such as clone KODI (TVM...)it does not work!

-Youtube(default;version 1.3.11) "search" does not work with device Remote Control! when I click it
                  search button then its ask me ...Microphone!! WTF
                  a new warning window appeared and ask me ...."We need you permission to use the Mic"... what is this?
                  then I click back button but never turn to enter search field!

so what I do,get it my "AirMouse" than click it upper page section and write my request!!

Might be I'v to change this YT version;what is you opinion for YT version??

-"MX Player-PRO" 10-bits ok with SW/HW/HW+ !! but I do not selected>>"H264/10bit" in the related menu(because I get it warning
                  such as ....this device is not supported...)!! so I leave it blank!

But when I play 1080p/10-bit videos then I can select it HW and HW+ !! it does play(N6 NO)

Seems that we need another upgrade!

But this Box has "OTA Update" and I like it

Note;my firmware is; 20190215 1602 (I did it with OTA WiFi)

++

Probably this Box may "GO" after couple of months
                  And today I'll sale my N6 Box one of my friend as w'v dealed yesterday and today h'll come to me and take the Box dealed with around $ 75

Bye++

Comment

Hi Sid
                    I cant sent message
                    Why,but I do not??

Comment

Hi Sid
                      -yep,I got my Box on Monday
                      another Box with some or at least some of BUGs too "As Usual"!
                      -I'v changed PSU with "4Amper"!! 2,5A not enough if you use couple of HDDs(external) or mounted SSD/HDD !!
                      need at min.3Amper keep in mind
                      -Seems that H264-"10bit" videos O.K with MXPlayer !! (with N6 does not play!)
                      -"Picture Quality"(as my first criteria) NOT better than RK3399 !!
                      N6(or X99 or H96...) better for this area!
                      -"OverHeating" issue;NO
                      --Settings>>Picture those modes does not work!! I do not set and fix it! so its not effective
                      --Screen Saver;Works! but X99 and N6 NO!!! this good BUT does not change it(or at least its not fix it!
                      such as there is no any set for "close" so if you leave 5min. than works after 5min but when you watch
                      for example IPTV(from related Apk.) then its stop it after 5min. !!! might be this issue related with this
                      Apk. because then I'v changed this Apk. from another related different Apk. then it works and does
                      not closed after 5min.!!

--"Price";kinda expensive! $ 50/60 O.K

-"KODI" v18 LEIA O.K

FYI;I'v already uninstalled some of problematic Apk.s such as clone KODI (TVM...)it does not work!

-Youtube(default;version 1.3.11) "search" does not work with device Remote Control! when I click it
                      search button then its ask me ...Microphone!! WTF
                      a new warning window appeared and ask me ...."We need you permission to use the Mic"... what is this?
                      then I click back button but never turn to enter search field!
                      so what I do,get it my "AirMouse" than click it upper page section and write my request!!
                      Might be I'v to change this YT version;what is you opinion for YT version??
                      -"MX Player-PRO" 10-bits ok with SW/HW/HW+ !! but I do not selected>>"H264/10bit" in the related menu(because I get it warning
                      such as ....this device is not supported...)!! so I leave it blank!

But when I play 1080p/10-bit videos then I can select it HW and HW+ !! it does play(N6 NO)
                      Seems that we need another upgrade!
                      But this Box has "OTA Update" and I like it
                      Note;my firmware is; 20190215 1602 (I did it with OTA WiFi)
                      ++
                      Probably this Box may "GO" after couple of months
                      And today I'll sale my N6 Box one of my friend as w'v dealed yesterday and today h'll come to me and take the Box dealed with around $ 75
                      Bye++

Comment

Does this box support Netflix 4K?

Comment

Originally posted by chenrp View Post
                          Does this box support Netflix 4K?
                          No it isn't licensed/approved by Netflix to do high definition video. It just plays standard definition.

Comment

What is the use of this box if no google certification enabled??

i can hook an external hdd to my h96 pro plus box as well.

What about the ?go recorder? app? Can someone port it out so
                            it can be used on other boxes?

Comment

Hi guys

re;A95X MAX

-SETTINGS;Advanced Settings>>>"Picture" all relative functions does not work! does any one know that?
                              such as "Picture Mode"(default came "Standard") than I'v changed tu "user" and its stuck in user only and can
                              not change anymore!! so you do not select such as vivid,soft,sport and movie!!

Also "Custom Settings">>Brightness-Contrast-Saturation;default all 50 but if you slide to 100 or 0 its not work!!
                              such as mine stay it "0" but picture is same so it doesnt effected!

Also Backlight function does not work too!

-"Picture Quality";seems that WeChip(Manufacturer I guess) has changed some of colour management(partly wrong picture production)
                              seems like a reddish/pinky picture
                              Definitely this should be fixed to way better true picture colour!! (I do not like it this picture production)

Note;might some one ask to me;how is "picture quality"?? so,not better than RK3399 !!!
                              I'v been used in the near past 3 different brand RK3399 Devices;H96MAX,X99,N6 MAX,and N6 MAX still in my hand now

So if you are looking with the first criteria to "Picture Quality";go to RK3399 its way better choice
                              therefore RK3399 very problematic devices as well!! (check RK3399 devices Threads)

++

A95X MAX;very "fast" so you wont disappointed for this!
                              Remote unit also good but not very good;keep in mind use "AirMouse" to easy-fast remoting

10-bit/1080p support is O.K !!
                              Launcher;for me very bad as one of the worst launcher;I need advise/recomm. any other Launcher??
                              KODI 18 O.K but seems something Bug in INDIGO work!(if you use this Addon)
                              in Kodi work;this box use less system-memory

Battery Level;100% in first time I'v been seen 100% level;always I see 50% !! in my all other boxes(912 and 3399)

"Kodi work" seems a little bit more faster than RK3399!! use less memory&CPU

Kodi Addons;tried to load a bunch of Addons;some of works some of down;such as MaverickTV down and some many others too
                              "TVAddons" back!! (as I meant "tvaddons.co")!

Bye++

Comment

Hi

A New Update>> Feb25/2019 (Build A95X_MAX_B-8.1.0-201902251048 this one latest firmware)

I'v already updated today with "WiFi OTA" Update function

Note;Keep in mind that it does not updated with Wired(Ethernet)!!!
                                change your settings to Wifi(open it) if your internet connection with Ethernet cable!

++

Some bugs remain and seems unchanged/fix it

"Picture" settings;all those sets does not work yet!

++

Seems some of small changes,thats it,but those Picture settings should be fix it immediatelly!
                                Last edited by bergamesk; 02-26-2019, 16:44. Reason: add.info.

Comment

Working...
                                X