Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I'v contacted with Geekbuying's aftersale Dept. and sent them msg concerning
    "Advanced Picture Settings" issue cause of all those settings does not work!

They have requested some of pictures and video for that!!

I'v already taken those photos and video and sent them

Now awaiting respond fm the Geekbuying,actually from manufacturer(I guess "WeChip")
    And I'v already ask them twice who is the manufacturer but they still do not respond me!

Hope they have fix it these Picture Settings in soon!

++

Comment

Good afternoon people. I have just received my A95X Max. I am gonna participate and give as much info as I can regarding this box and I am eligible for testing purposes since I also have H96+ pro as my main box for viewing.

Feel free to contact me for testing ROMS and other stuff.

Comment

I also received box, didn't have much time to spent on it, but i put 500 gb hdd, and it worked. Install some apps, kodi, progtv, popcorn, all worked. I hate remote, it is crap to be honest...

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited by vjs905x; 02-28-2019, 15:47.

Comment

Keep in mind guys;if you use your Box(any Brand) you have to use "AirMouse" !!
          Buy cheap or expensive any of AirMouse and go

A95X Remote not good(at least for me)
          And some of functions does not with this Remote!!
          for example;I use MX Player and upper line of this Player do not remotable! so you have to use mouse(remote mouse)
          also many lines or functions etc., does not work with this Remote!

Get it AirMouse;its very easy and stable

++

I still awaiting respond from Geekbuying about "Picture Settings" issue!

"Secret Manufacturer"(as I know its WeChip) why Geekbuying do not give this information
          I hate it unknown products

++

Comment

Originally posted by vjs905x View Post
            I also received box, didn't have much time to spent on it, but i put 500 gb hdd, and ot worked. Install some apps, kodi, progtv, popcorn, all worked. I hate remote, it is crap to be honest...

might be power failure!
            or your Device does not recognize your HDD

So format it NTFS(might be "exFAT" supported) and might be device does not support FAT32

So give us more details for yr HDD?

Comment

I wanted to write "it worked", but mistyped and wrote "ot worked". So hdd worked without problem

Comment

OK got it
                as I meant "NOT"

Comment

Hi guys have a nice days

RE;issue of "Picture Settings" cause of these settings does not work!

-I'v been sent to Geekbuying 2 messages for the issue of above mentioned happen

and I'v got 3 respond from them;one was,as they requested from me pictures and video!
                  so I'v already sent it.....

-Today I'v got a new message like Joke!

-------

Dear bergamesk,
                  Thank you for your information.
                  Please check if it has a big effect on the usage .
                  We don't suggest send it back to us because it will take a long time and cost a lot .
                  Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely Yours
                  Shirley
                  Customer Service Representative

Geekbuying
                  www.geekbuying.com

unquote
                  ----------

And yes me for me this issue a "big effect"!
                  And why they use these "Picture Settings"(such a kinda prof.picture adjusting)??

Because picture(colour production)is not correct! and need some of adjustment
                  col.reprod. kinda reddisk/pinky tone! and Brightness/Backlight high!

Bye++

Comment

These settings can often be left over from Phone or Tablet Roms and when used to create a BOX Roms often get removed,
                    But i guess they may have left them in and I doubt they will Work ever

Many an Amlogic box can have similar settings that do nothing, depends what was the base to make the Rom.

I think you would have same or similar settings on your TV.

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I also suggest to try TV color calibration.

Comment

Hi Trebor,thx yr respond+

Yes probably they never do/fix it this thing and according to Geekbuying respond that its very clear!

++

Hi,vjs905x
                        my panels calibrated! I'v two of them and pic.quality very good and when I started to use this my latest box
                        then I hv suddenly understood that those pic./video settings is wrong! and need some of correction and when
                        I do this fm my panels that means all my pre-set calib. will change it and I do not want this

With these Box "SD" quality Low! HD Quality acceptable/better but not enough or even way far fm any of RK3399 Box as well

Seems that at present(under Box category) RK3399 is the best
                        Both SD&HD are perfect

So if you are looking for first criteria(like me) dont buy AML!! RK3399 rock
                        Well I keep this Box for my other preferences!
                        In fact not bad device and OTA Update function is very good and easy to update yr box too

But I'll request fm GeekBuying a some of "partly refund"

Bye++

Comment

Hi guys

Re;Picture Settings Issue

Today I'v got another msg fm Geekbuying

-------
                          Dear bergamesk,
                          Thank you for your information .
                          Here are for your reference :
                          1) We will arrange a partial refund 10USD as a compensation .
                          2) Please send it back to us for a replace ,attached is our detailed return address for your reference ,please let us know how much is the shipping fee before you send it .

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

unquote
                          ----------

2. "send back item" do not possible due to our Customs Export regulation! so I wont send back this device!

1. "$ 10 partial refund" I do not accept this amount which is very low!
                          My counter-offer was $ 25

++

well after RK3399 picture quality,this box(A95X MAX) with S905X2 does not satisfy me!
                          and probably I'll sale this item

++

If you have power issue,pls replace 3A PSU!! or 4A
                          Org.PSU 2.5A does not supported and need more Amper!
                          In my hand two more PSU one is 3A one is 4A and I'v connected 4A

Note;if you have TOSHIBA(Canvio) 1/2TB ext.HDD that means you need more power!!(Amper)
                          with WD and Seagate might be 2.5A enough(I do not think so) but this device require at least
                          3 even 4Amper PSU

Bye++

Comment

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Hi, the update works with a wired connection[/COLOR]

Comment

I did it latest Update with WiFi
                              But before when tried with Ethernet Wired does not work!
                              interesting

Comment

Originally posted by kanzi View Post

try this:

- unplug your hdd/ssd
                                - Press rst button in AV port
                                - plug 5v 2.5A

in recovery,

- wipe cache
                                - wipe data
                                - power off the box

flash firmware like in this video

Again go in recovery,

- wipe cache
                                - wipe data
                                - power off the box

- plug your hdd/ssd
                                - power on the box
                                format you hdd as external storage

OK. I finally got time to play with this device and my problem with USB3 and NTFS. There is definitely problem recognizing NTFS. I have tried with 4 different device (thumb drive and HDD) and couldn't get writing faster then 32MB/s. When I tested with FAT32 it was great. Thumb drive got speed of 90MB/s without problems.
                                So, finally I decided to try with exFAT and bingo!!!! Now I have my SSD as internal drive with 235/135 MB/s (R/W)! Since I'm planing on moving file over LAN (1GB LAN) I don't need more speed then 120MB/s R/W.

So people, if you have same problem as me then go with exFAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X