Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"SD Card" = Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (NTFS) : http://p.coldline.hu/2019/03/02/3084...302-lFz3G9.png

Comment

ffroms

as I remember that,I'v advised you that format/turn to exFAT !
      because exFAT more faster,if your Flash/HDD supported as well

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
        ffroms

as I remember that,I'v advised you that format/turn to exFAT !
        because exFAT more faster,if your Flash/HDD supported as well
        Sorry but I didn't notice that. I never used exFAT until now. This is my first device/disk with exFAT.

Comment

Hi

I'v dealed with Geekbuying for the partial-refund and got it $ 20 return to my account

So,seems that they never fixed/worked for the "Picture Settings"!

Bye++

Comment

Hey-o!

I've just got one of these boxes and I've only been looking at for a few hours. I've discovered

1. the mouse must be in the USB2 port if you want to use recovery,

2. the left mouse button is equivalent to a simple tap on an android phone,

3. the right button works as a tap on the back button,

4. there is no power switch (which seems incredible: do you leave it on all the time or pull the power plug??)

5. the launcher is brutally ugly.

I don't know how to simulate a "recents" click or "menu" or "home". Any pointers would be appreciated.

I was hoping to get control of recovery with TWRP, as explained in this tutorial, which has a link to a s905x2 version of TWRP, but the test phase didn't work. I couldn't get the A95X MAX to boot into TWRP by powering on with the reset button pressed and a SD-card with the TWRP image. It didn't work: it went straight to the stock recovery without recognizing the TWRP image on the SD. I don't want to flash this recovery until I know that it works.

There are a few ROMs in circulation for s905x2 boxes (atvXperience, Poison?), but I don't know if they will work on the A95X MAX. Has anyone had any luck?

Last edited by doktorspon; 03-08-2019, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post
              Hey-o!

4. there is no power switch (which seems incredible: do you leave it on all the time or pull the power plug??)

with an external power supply, the best way is to use a plug-in switch. If there was a power switch in the box, your power supply would be always on, even if your box is shut down

Comment

And how do you drag something, eg a homescreen icon in an alternative launcher, or a file to a folder in a real file manager?

Comment

Greeting.

You can set Sleep now, Shutdown and Restart in Settings, Advanced settings, and Powerkey definitions.
                  Check out the Youtube directions for this box.
                  Hi.

Comment

For this Box even mostly,use "AirMouse"

This is the best way in order to use for all full functions!
                    Buy cheap&pricey etc., Airmouse then use it without any issue

A95X MAX;own RC worst ever! also you cant command "upper lines" with most of Apk.s for example "MXPlayer" WTF this RC
                    the worst/bad RC ever

I always use AirMouse(bought about $ 10) and using with all my Boxes

++

FYI;there is no any Advanced "Picture Settings" in fact those settings remain the settings section but it doesnt WORK!
                    Manufacturer(I always contacted with Geekbuying AfterSale Dept.)never fix it this! So dont wait any Bug-fix for the
                    "Picture Settings"!
                    In this respect Geekbuying paid me $ 20(partial-refund) WTF

"Picture Quality" not bad or a little bit more performance then AML912 but way far a way from RK3399!!!
                    Do not wait RK3399 Picture Quality fm the AML9xx !! even this Box

I'll sale this box within couple of days(given my sale list to local marketing company)

++

Important;PSU is 2.5Amper its not powered well! such as I use it

1x1Tb ext.HDD(Toshiba Canvio=this HDD consume more power!! WD/Seagate more less!)
                    2xUSB3.0 Flash memory

when I using this ext.HDD for fastforward/rewind action then its stop it or freezing!! or turn to Main menu with 2.5Amper org.PSU
                    than I'v changed and connected my 3Amper PSU than its OK seems no issue

So if you use this box in a long term condition Buy at least 3Amper PSU even 4Amper!
                    I'v two spare PSU 3 and 4amper

++

For me this Box is a not right device for my expectations

Only one Pros.;it has internal HDD bay
                    Last edited by bergamesk; 03-07-2019, 14:11. Reason: corr.

Comment

Do you have problems with remote, it is so tough to control if it's not perfectly aimed in box!?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Comment

WTF
                        sometimes I got warned

...your message seems potantial SPAM....

and need "Approval"

are you kidding???

++

Mod,you should be BANNED me pls
                        I never write again in this forum

Cause of all my msgs SPAM!!

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Many post last night got the warning (12), it's all software driven not a personal attack, Its random

And i have to say that box is very quick, responsive, i use it for smart iptv, elementum, some browsing and it is working like a a charm

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marijan View Post
                          Greeting.

You can set Sleep now, Shutdown and Restart in Settings, Advanced settings, and Powerkey definitions.
                          Check out the Youtube directions for this box.
                          Hi.
                          Thanks. I saw "power off" in recovery, but I hadn't noticed the other things. So, I can define the powerkey, but what is the powerkey? Is it a soft-button somewhere?

What do other users do about power? Do you leave the A95X on all the time? Have you discovered how to use the "powerkey"? Do you turn it off at the plug?

And I see four round icons at the top of the launcher: the first I don't recognize; the second has SD, but doesn't seem to do anything; the third is a settings button; and the fourth has a cloud, which when pressed asks for a city, but I don't understand what it is. Beside the settings icon, what exactly do the other three do? Any ideas?

Oops, just got a system update 20190304 and it removed the cloud icon!

There are many things that are unexplained: these launcher icons, various things in Settings. I did notice a "Root Switch" in Settings. If you have sensitive apps that refuse to work, eg for your bank, it could be because the Root Switch is on. Try turning it off.

● Just noticed that if you push the mouse to the top of the screen you'll get the notification bar. This is like going to a country where you can't speak the language or read the signs, so even the simplest things you have to discover!

Last edited by doktorspon; 03-07-2019, 23:59.

Comment

As said "bergamesk" it is best to use "AirMouse". As I said go to "Settings, Advanced Settings, and Powerkey Definitions" and there you have the option "Sleep now, Shutdown and Restart".
                            I have marked the "Shutdown" option and when I press the red button on the remote from the box it goes out all over and even the display.
                            After that, I turn it on again with the red button.
                            And I'm still learning with that box.
                            As for those 4 icons, I do not even know what the first icon is and SD is probably an SD card icon (if you put it in the device). The cloud icon probably served as a "google cloud" or similar and disappeared with an upgrade.
                            "Root Switch" is the same as my cell phone. When you have it, you can change anything on your cell phone, but only what does 100% make for your cell phone.
                            In the future there will probably be other modes for this Box ( like "Roms"). And now we can change the launcher.
                            OK we are learning and tracking youtube and forums for future upgrade of this Box.
                            Such as:
                            A95X Max Amlogic S905X2 DDR4 Android 8.1 4K TV Box Review - https://wp.me/p7Izmk-13fGearbest - http://shrsl.com/1k15aGeekbuying - http://shrsl.com/1k15mBangg...

There is nothing left about him yet, which does not mean it will not be in xda forum.
                            Android Forum for Mobile Phones, Tablets, Hardware & App Development

Type in the search engine on xda forum, "TV Box" and you will see that there are already many devices that have support.

Nice greeting.

Comment

As said "bergamesk" it is best to use "AirMouse". As I said go to "Settings, Advanced Settings, and Powerkey Definitions" and there you have the option "Sleep now, Shutdown and Restart". I have marked the "Shutdown" option and when I press the red button on the remote from the box it goes out all over and even the display.
                              After that, I turn it on again with the red button.
                              I don't like the airmouse. But it is good to know that the "powerkey" is on it.

"Root Switch" is the same as my cell phone. When you have it, you can change anything on your cell phone, but only what does 100% make for your cell phone.
                              In the future there will probably be other modes for this Box ( like "Roms").
                              It's a bit more complicated than that. The RootSwitch, or having root access that it allows you, will give you control the whole device. But reconstructing the software on it requires a lot more work.

And now we can change the launcher.
                              You don't need root to change the launcher. A launcher is just an apk, so you can go to Play Store and download one. The problem is to find a launcher that will work with the input constraints that this box has. I've seen a few TV launcher apps on Play Store. I tried an ordinary launcher, but I needed to drag icons from the app tray onto the homescreen, but it wouldn't let me. In other circumstances I could drag stuff, but it was impossible with the Apex Launcher. We have to work around the limitations.

OK we are learning and tracking youtube and forums for future upgrade of this Box.
                              Such as:
                              A95X Max Amlogic S905X2 DDR4 Android 8.1 4K TV Box Review - https://wp.me/p7Izmk-13fGearbest - http://shrsl.com/1k15aGeekbuying - http://shrsl.com/1k15mBangg...

There is nothing left about him yet, which does not mean it will not be in xda forum.
                              Android Forum for Mobile Phones, Tablets, Hardware & App Development

Type in the search engine on xda forum, "TV Box" and you will see that there are already many devices that have support.

Nice greeting.
                              I did a lot of research while waiting for my A95X MAX to arrive. There isn't much available about it on line. Lots of reviews but little practical material. I posted a question on XDA 12 hours ago, as they tend to be more technically involved, but no responses yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X