Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is pretty much new device, and it is good buying, but now there is a lot new with drm for Netflix 4k and I'm afraid that it will ruin selling a95x max. If that happens, we won't have much support from community. But if we can get 9.0 update, then I believe we should be happy.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Comment

Notification and button bars

If you swipe from top to bottom (I'm using a mouse with left button pressed), you'll not only get the notification bar, but also a button bar across the bottom which has the usual back/home/recents buttons plus a few more buttons (screen snapshot, vol- & vol+, dismiss button). The central ones are standard Android buttons. Click the recents button and you get the normal recents list. Press down on an item and you will be able to split the screen to have two apps on screen at once.

Last edited by doktorspon; 03-08-2019, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post
        And I see four round icons at the top of the launcher: the first I don't recognize; the second has SD, but doesn't seem to do anything; the third is a settings button; and the fourth has a cloud, which when pressed asks for a city, but I don't understand what it is. Beside the settings icon, what exactly do the other three do?
        I added an external SSD to the A95X MAX and a new icon appeared with the others, saying "USB", so I disconnected my ethernet cable and that strange leftmost icon disappeared. All the icons left of the Settings icon are just indicators of what is connected. Nothing very useful.

Comment

i got this box, when i power off it from remote the usb 2.5 hdd led is still on (but i hear no sound from hdd) my question why the led doesnt light off completely,
          on my csa93 and himedia q10 pro when they r powered off hdd led turns off too

Comment

Has anyone successfully connected the A95X MAX to a PC? When I plug the box into a PC using a male-to-male USB-A cable, I don't get any response, except for power.

(I couldn't understand why power was still on in the box when I unplugged the power cord, until I realised that it was still receiving current via usb, so I unplugged that as well and the power light went out.)

Is there anything special I need to know about to be able to send ADB commands from my PC to this box?
            Last edited by doktorspon; 03-13-2019, 03:54.

Comment

Hi guys

1-for the issues of BUGs;you should be contact with>>> [email protected]
              because of Vendor firms doesnt give us the real manufacturer! so we have to contact with
              the Vendor company! WTF

Before as I know that manufacturer is "WeChip" than I found another info that the manufacturer is "Vontar"!

For example,I bought this Box from Geekbuying and in the past when I contacted with them and tell them
              some of issues(especially "Advanced Picture Settings" cause of all these settings never worked)
              And Geekbuying offer me $ 20 for partial-refund for the lack of "Picture Settings" and we have dealed

They are very smart even genius

So guys pls contact your vendor and explain all those issues,might be it help/work!

2-Internal Bay 2.5" HDD using;if you contacted WesternDigital or Seagate,probably it never power-off(fully)!!!
              or at least or might be Disk will stop to work but LED indicator always on(run)!!

>but if you use Toshiba Canvio;after device power-off than HDD stop it than LED indicator goes to Off after
              couple if minutes!!(about 2/3minutes) but with WD/Seagate never goes off(LEDs)even if you check the HDD
              then its still run.....

I guess Toshiba have some SW or HW supporter for the full power-off action!
              I check Toshiba HDD with my TV or BluRay device or PC any other;its always turn off after power off device!
              Just it do it within couple of minutes(after device off)

Another example my old 1Tb WD HDD always RUN!!!

3-With the latest FW;March4/2019;Picture Quality comes to more accurate/way better!!
              before pinky/reddish tones but now more accuracy! Brightness get it less,so Blacks more accurate
              but need more work for this!

Note;"Advanced Picture Settings"might be will not run(fix it) due to SDK factor!(I'v read this from somewhere
              but I forgot know from where)

Need "ROM" too,so get the ROM take the BEER

Comment

Can I use on this box another launcher ? This stock is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                  Hi guys

1-for the issues of BUGs;you should be contact with>>> [email protected]
                  because of Vendor firms doesnt give us the real manufacturer! so we have to contact with
                  the Vendor company! WTF

Before as I know that manufacturer is "WeChip" than I found another info that the manufacturer is "Vontar"!

For example,I bought this Box from Geekbuying and in the past when I contacted with them and tell them
                  some of issues(especially "Advanced Picture Settings" cause of all these settings never worked)
                  And Geekbuying offer me $ 20 for partial-refund for the lack of "Picture Settings" and we have dealed

They are very smart even genius

So guys pls contact your vendor and explain all those issues,might be it help/work!

2-Internal Bay 2.5" HDD using;if you contacted WesternDigital or Seagate,probably it never power-off(fully)!!!
                  or at least or might be Disk will stop to work but LED indicator always on(run)!!

>but if you use Toshiba Canvio;after device power-off than HDD stop it than LED indicator goes to Off after
                  couple if minutes!!(about 2/3minutes) but with WD/Seagate never goes off(LEDs)even if you check the HDD
                  then its still run.....

I guess Toshiba have some SW or HW supporter for the full power-off action!
                  I check Toshiba HDD with my TV or BluRay device or PC any other;its always turn off after power off device!
                  Just it do it within couple of minutes(after device off)

Another example my old 1Tb WD HDD always RUN!!!

3-With the latest FW;March4/2019;Picture Quality comes to more accurate/way better!!
                  before pinky/reddish tones but now more accuracy! Brightness get it less,so Blacks more accurate
                  but need more work for this!

Note;"Advanced Picture Settings"might be will not run(fix it) due to SDK factor!(I'v read this from somewhere
                  but I forgot know from where)

Need "ROM" too,so get the ROM take the BEER
                  did u try external usb hdd too?
                  when i power off the box from remote the usb 2.5 hdd led is still on (but i hear no sound from hdd) my question why the led doesnt light off completely,

Comment

I asked:

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post
                    Has anyone successfully connected the A95X MAX to a PC?
                    The lack of response to this question perhaps indicates 1) everyone is on vacation, 2) the question doesn't make sense, or 3) it's a silly question.

But anyway, let me try again:

Has anyone tried to connect this box to a PC using a Type-A male-to-male USB cable?

I tried to flash TWRP (link found here: https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-ins...tvbox-amlogic/) with the stock recovery program, but stock recovery gave me an error with TWRP. So I found an app called Flashify which did flash this TWRP replacing stock recovery, but then I couldn't boot to recovery, finally I flashed the original stock recovery I'd backed up and I could boot to stock recovery again. Presumably, that means the TWRP doesn't work with the A95X MAX.

Comment

Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
                      Can I use on this box another launcher ? This stock is brutal.
                      I've tried a lot of launchers, some don't work properly on this box, others are just as awful. I found a link to a pixel launcher here http://uploaded.net/file/e4by7fi2 (from a reply to this A95X MAX review https://androidpctv.com/review-a95x-max/). This is ok for me.

Comment

Originally posted by feelulive View Post

did u try external usb hdd too?
                        when i power off the box from remote the usb 2.5 hdd led is still on (but i hear no sound from hdd) my question why the led doesnt light off completely,
                        What happens when you pull the power cable from the box?

Comment

Did you open the "Developer options" settings?
                          Go to "Settings", "About", and "Build". Click "OK" 7 times and go to "Developer options". Here's a video how to open it and set it up to speed up the Box.
                          Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

This description starts at 5:18 minutes.
                          Okay hi.

Comment

Originally posted by marijan View Post
                            As said "bergamesk" it is best to use "AirMouse". As I said go to "Settings, Advanced Settings, and Powerkey Definitions" and there you have the option "Sleep now, Shutdown and Restart".
                            I have marked the "Shutdown" option and when I press the red button on the remote from the box it goes out all over and even the display.
                            After that, I turn it on again with the red button.
                            Long press power button on remote to shut down or restart

Comment

Long press menu button on remote to launch device test...

Comment

feelulive

I always using/connected ext.HDD(USB3.0) Toshiba Canvio 1Tb

What brand your ext.HDD? and probably Disk stop it after device power-off(as you said that you wont hear any disk spin/voice)
                                LED indicator;doesnt matter,this happen from HDD HW/SW issue(or at least Disk doesnt react/work when power of and it get
                                power from device and in fact your device doesnt get it full OFF!!

++
                                Note;but my Toshiba HDD full power OFF(no any LED indicator so this LED goes to OFF)
                                BUT WD/Seagate do not goes LED OFF,always ON

Comment

Working...
                                X