Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To keep you all amused here is a gif Animation about 23 frames with settings to be found
    Dolby Vision is there, and like a lot of other settings as you will see, Under Picture mode these settings appears not do a lot
    These setting are much the same I recall on most of these 905x2

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Using inbuilt player some appeared to play ok one did not
      Removed that TVMC thing and installed Kodi Leila...
      Following Demos all played over the Telly

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

SSD in and working well

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
          Not sure why you would need SU as it has root switch in setting
          Not sure the root switch have the same function as SuperSU. I wanted to grant root access to some apps it's not the same as turning on/off the root for all apps

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            To keep you all amused here is a gif Animation about 23 frames with settings to be found
            Dolby Vision is there, and like a lot of other settings as you will see, Under Picture mode these settings appears not do a lot
            These setting are much the same I recall on most of these 905x2

Thanks a lot for the info Trebor! I'm going to order onewith this chipset.

Comment

mine is on the way

and thanks to trebor

Comment

A short video to show how to add a NAS on A95X MAX

Comment

Hello, please, how to set weather ? There is icon, but when I enter manually town, it not works.

Comment

Hi!

I just got this device and have a problem with SSD. It is formatted as NTFS. To android it presented as USB drive and SD card (?!)
                    When I try to use it with ES File Explorer as USB device it ejects SD card and I can only see USB drive but as read only device. It doesn't ask me for any permissions.
                    It have latest firmware 201901091011.
                    With Total Commander app it works as USB drive without any problems.

I need this SSD to be accessed over LAN for transferring larger files (over 4GB).

Anyone else have problem like this or have solution?

Comment

Originally posted by ffroms View Post
                      Hi!

I just got this device and have a problem with SSD. It is formatted as NTFS. To android it presented as USB drive and SD card (?!)
                      When I try to use it with ES File Explorer as USB device it ejects SD card and I can only see USB drive but as read only device. It doesn't ask me for any permissions.
                      It have latest firmware 201901091011.
                      With Total Commander app it works as USB drive without any problems.

I need this SSD to be accessed over LAN for transferring larger files (over 4GB).

Anyone else have problem like this or have solution?

Try This: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fs_ro&hl=en_US

Comment

I did try that and no luck.
                        As I said before, I can use Total Commander and works but very slow as it see SSD as SD card not USB device.
                        I forgot to mention that I did set it up as removable storage and not as internal because I need NTFS and not FAT32.

Comment

Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
                          Hello, please, how to set weather ? There is icon, but when I enter manually town, it not works.
                          I have the same question, weather displays only at first boot (not accurate based on the geolocation) after reboot it just shows null.

Comment

I have come across few issues and would like to know if anyone else experience these issues?

1. The demo Samsung: 7 Wonders Of The World China uhd 4k does not play properly alot of stutter (tried with multiple video players).

edit: 2/13/19 , i found that the box is not playing any files in matroska format, not sure the reason.

- found out that it cannot play any mkv @59.xx

2. The default media player shows dolby vision and dolby audio logos on top right but these logos just don't disappear (the dolby vision which is displayed on top left disappears correctly).

3. The Youtube app for android tv does not play content below 4k correctly. Content below 4k shows a thick grey line at the bottom of screen?.

4. When switching to dolby vision enabled the chroma sampling does not change to 444 unless power cycle the box even though the box does refresh the display for a second but settings dont change without reboot or another workaround is to switch to dolby vision with yuv then change it back to dolby enabled then it changes it to 444.

thanks in advance guys for any assistance or help in duplicating above device behaviors that may need firmware optimization.
                            Last edited by Skidrow83; 02-14-2019, 00:45.

Comment

Just a little update. I still have same issues but managed to use SD Card Test for SSD. Results are writte at 33MB/s and read at 165MB/s. Same SSD tested on Windows10 shows 520/480 MB/s.
                              For internal storage I got something like here in test 165/100 MB/s.
                              This is my 4th Android TV box and I never had this problems. It had to be something with this firmware and I hope they correct it soon

Comment

Robert, does your K400 keyboard work properly on it, or does it improperly insert the letter 'q' when you hit the enter key (say in the browser or a search field in a streaming app)? My experience with a few of these S905x2 TV boxes is that's the case and so I have to resort to keyboard remapping. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X