Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marijan View Post
    Yeah, "Trebor" has already explained it, later I saw it in the post. Do you know what I want to pick on my # 130 post.
    Thank you.
    I won't be much help, but...

I pulled my mouse down on the desktop
    Does that mean you swiped down with the mouse at the same time the left button was pressed? Under what circumstance? DId you have an app open, if so what?

and received the message that the HDD was damaged.
    What did the message say exactly? I'd be careful with messages telling you anything was damaged. Can you test the HD in a PC? (It could be "damaged" just means not formatted as Android wants an internal disk. See below.)

Then he offers me these two formatting options. Do I want to use it as a portable storage or as an internal storage.
    I was going to ask if the HD was formatted as NTFS, but I just tried an external HD and there is no problem. It could be because it is an internal disk and perhaps Android requires it to be formatted as exFAT, but I don't know.

The choice between portable and internal storage is whether Android formats the disk internally, ie in such a way as to be encrypted and handled efficiently, but unreadable by other systems such as your PC. External storage will be accessible to other systems. So, if you intend to leave the HD in the box, then you might make it internal. If you later change your mind, you won't have access to the data on it. You'll have to reformat it to use it elsewhere. (Don't trust me: check it out!)

Comment

"Does that mean you swiped down with the mouse at the same time the left button was pressed? Under what circumstance? DId you have an app open, if so what?"
      Yes the same time....Onda mi je prikazao obavijest da je "ST..number..." o?tećen i da ga treba popraviti. Klik u to i onda nudi one 2 opcije kako da ga formatira.
      Yes probably not formatted as Android wants an internal disk.
      "The choice between portable and internal storage is whether Android formats the disk internally, ie in such a way as to be encrypted and handled efficiently, but unreadable by other systems such as your PC. External storage will be accessible to other systems. So, if you intend to leave the HD in the box, then you might make it internal. If you later change your mind, you won't have access to the data on it. You'll have to reformat it to use it elsewhere. (Don't trust me: check it out!)"
      Ya that s it.
      I'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by feelulive View Post

firstly i thought u talked bout the hdds in the tv box cause u say "Internal" at your post #111, i think u talked bout external usb hdds....

the usb 2.5 hdds that i used are 2 tb silicon power and 1 tb samsung....even the box turned off the leds of hdds still on... samsung no spin but silicon hdd still spins....
        i got himedia q10 pro and csa93 too, when they r turned off the hdds leds turns off too....
        Yes I'v said Box-USB ports(3.0/2.0)
        I'v never tried yet Internal Bay with SSD/HDD!

But I guess same behaviour may occured when connected to the Internal Bay(but I'm not sure)

And as Iknow that some of HDDs turn Off completelly and some of not! even LEDs turn OFF as well

such as mine WD and W.Digital still spin on! but Toshiba turn off immediately when device power off!
        and this Toshiba such as when device "IDLE" then after for a while its turn OFF and LEDs not blinking too

So in this respect I always willing to use Toshiba HDD(Canvio series) now this HDD connected to my
        PC and no spin no LED On! because HDD is still Idle/not active!

Assume that every HDD(according to a Brand)such different on-off working behavour!

Comment

Originally posted by feelulive View Post

its not practical
          well for me actually its very simple,I do that

Comment

I pulled my mouse down on the desktop and received the message that the HDD was damaged. Then he offers me these two formatting options. Do I want to use it as a portable storage or as an internal storage. Which one to choose for Kodi and etc?
            Thank you for your reply.
            If you want to change/need Formating; select "exFAT" more faster/stable

I think that Box Internal Bay support exFAT only! or FAT32

For exFAT using way better,but with FAT32 may work it but FAT32 Limitation of max.4GB!!!!
            so you wont play it above 4Gb files!
            Prefer exFAT

Comment

Internal HDD support

-exFAT the best way
              -Dont format it your HDD to "internal format use only" because of you wont use this time if you willing to
              connect/use such as "PC"!!
              -And try it if the Internal support;"NTFS"

I suggest you only exFAT

Comment

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post
                Thanks, that means the USB connection to PC is not just me, but an issue with the box.

Shame there is no-one from the manufacturer we can talk to about the box.

You can ask/contact>>> [email protected]
                And they return it very quickly

Seems Manufacturer is still hide! WTF

At the beginning I heard that it was "WeChip" then when Googled and seems that it was VONTAR!!

But until today they have released 3 or 4 times FW updated! this is so good!
                At least manufacturer is "working"

And of course we have some of BUGs but "all" Boxes are same!

Comment

Thanks, that means the USB connection to PC is not just me, but an issue with the box.

Shame there is no-one from the manufacturer we can talk to about the box.

FYI; my previous Boxes X99(RK3399) and Beelink GT1 Ultimate(AML9xx) have contacted PC !!

Comment

What happens when you pull the power cable from the box?
                    Why do u need connect tv box to pc?
                    mine is not connected to pc, the hdd is connected to box by usb port and not extra powered, so if u pull the power cable from the box of course theres no led light, but not practical as i said before

Comment

Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
                      Can I use on this box another launcher ? This stock is brutal.
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zny...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Why one might connect that A95X MAX to a PC:

Android has a system for changing the internals of a device's system. To unbrick an Android computer, you will need to use a PC to send commands to it. To improve the system, you usually need a PC to give access to the system.

There are three layers to an Android system, the bootloader, recovery and the operating system. I'd like to replace the recovery layer with the relevant TWRP, which is a safe recovery with lots of options to help change the operating system layer. The normal way to change recovery is via PC.

A USB connection is also a fast way to transfer files.

Last edited by doktorspon; 03-15-2019, 02:37.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                          FYI; my previous Boxes X99(RK3399) and Beelink GT1 Ultimate(AML9xx) have contacted PC !!
                          Yes, different devices behave differently. It may be that our A95X MAX might not behave nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

You can ask/contact>>> [email protected]
                            And they return it very quickly

Seems Manufacturer is still hide! WTF

At the beginning I heard that it was "WeChip" then when Googled and seems that it was VONTAR!!
                            I've heard of a variety of "manufacturers", but I think they are just rebranders. (They still might be able to supply some technical support.)

Last edited by doktorspon; 03-14-2019, 04:38.

Comment

Manufacturer;at least I do not care who they are,we need or request FWs and if they supply it
                              no any problem at all and seems that they "worked" good until now++

Comment

have you tried this Launcher on A95X MAX??

Comment

Working...
                                X