Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post
    Try opening a terminal window and type:
    Code:
    su
    setprop persist.sys.hideStatusBar false
    pkill com.android.systemui
    The property was rightfully set (and persisted after a reboot) but still the status bar does not show.

Firmware A95_MAX-8.1.0-201909061017

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post

You have to left click your mouse when your cursor is at the bottom of the screen to uncover the toolbar. Try dragging the cursor up from the bottom. A little tricky until you get the hang of it.
      Dragging up with the left button pressed worked!!

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leoben View Post
        Which is the last update?

V81: A95X_MAX-8.1.0-201909061017
        V10: ?
        the last one is: 20190720

Comment

Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post

You need to turn off / disable CEC control in the box settings.
          Thank you man! All right now.

Comment

FYI
            On all firmwares to date, the enter key on my logitech K400 keyboard/trackpad doesn't work so I have to edit the /vendor/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl file so that key 28 is mapped to ENTER instead of DPAD_CENTER. If you use a full size keyboard you will also probably need to change key 96 DPAD_CENTER to key 96 NUMPAD_ENTER.

atvXperience rom from here works great except the stock recovery menu doesn't work with a mouse or keyboard and only works with the supplied remote. Ethernet, WIFI and bluetooth all OK (I have a V81 model).

Comment

Any chance that this box can get 9.0 update, or to order new one?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my 12th tvbox and it's the first one to completely fox me as to how to transfer files from internal storage to external usb - I can do it the other way, but it wants me to grant sd card permission but I don't know where, as all the permissions have been enabled. Anybody help - it's obviously so simple,I cannot find the answer anywhere!!

Comment

Originally posted by vjs905x View Post
                  Any chance that this box can get 9.0 update, or to order new one?
                  Short answer No. I recently flashed an A95X F2 android 9.0 firmware on it. It worked with WIFI, but there was no ethernet or bluetooth. I was going to revert back to stock firmware but a popup appeared for an OTA update. I couldn't resist, what harm could it do? After installing the OTA update, my box was completely fried (uboot or env trashed). Not recognised connecting to PC and cannot reflash stock firmware from SDcard or USB.

I ordered a Magicsee N5 Plus box from gearbest as a replacement. It is android 9.0 S905X3 but ethernet only 100mbps. I was curious if it came with an airmouse like the Magicsee N5 Nova but sadly not. The remote is the same as the Magicsee N6 Max. I'm not going to mess with this one until armbian is available for it! If you want android 9.0 and support for internal ssd/hdd then this is the only alternative. Installing an ssd/hdd is easier (no screws), it is far cheaper and has an external wifi antenna.

Comment

I think i will this time go for nvidia shield, still considering 2017 version as possibilitie, or to go for 2019 pro...

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Comment

vjs905x. I have relegated my A95XMAX for rooted apps (fileserver, DLNA, etc) because of a number of issues and no updates in months. I have both a Shield 2017 and 2019 Pro. Both get regular updates and are a superior media servers. It would be money well spent.
                      Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

Hello just found this thread on google and need everyones help with my a95x max.

Recently a firmware updated just prompted when i was happily watching some movie. I proceed to install the update and it makes things worst.

After the update, my wifi connection both 5G or 2.4G will randomly DC and reconnect, disrupting my IPTV experience. I tried LAN cable as well and same things happens, my connection will dropped for like 20 seconds and it will reconnect back.

According to the software update page, my current version is: A95X_MAX-8.1.0-201909061017
                        Please help me on this, thank you.

Comment

cipol3: I have this release on a A95XMax that I have been using for a few months without any major issues. I have it wired into my network. When I remove it and try to log onto my wireless network, it does no allow me to enter a password. These boxes are not seeing meaningful firmware updates. I installed AtvExperience V3A and went back to the stock ROM. Too bad, the box is quick and pretty powerful.

Comment

cjeman : What was the problem with AtvExperience V3A ? Thanks.

Comment

I was looking for an Android device to function as an inexpensive NAS and the stock ROM was not working. AtvExperience was no better. No stones at the developer. Go here if you want to see it.

Comment

I have the A95X Max v8.1 I flashed it with atvXperience 8.1 it worked for the day and I let it upgrade overnight. When I checked it out it was stuck on boot screen says to factory reset it but I cant get it to do anything. It's not recognized in the computer anymore I tried sd card reset everything it just goes back to the same screen???? Help

Comment

Working...
                                X