T95Q Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4GB DDR4 64GB Dual Band WiFi LAN BT USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guyz,

I recently bought T95Q but it driving me crazy coz I have occasionally judder / stutter effect when streaming online movies / series from Kodi 16.7.
    I figured out, it has something to do with refresh rate / true motion settings in TV options.

Best smooth playback I can achieve is if I set:
    • TV motion settings to "clear"
    • T95Q android settings to 1080p60fps, DNR off
    • Kodi video settings - adjust display refresh rate ALWAYS
    I also tried to turn off motion settings but picture seems to be kinda "slow". Do you have any ideas what to do ? I also tried Kodi 18.1, tried to change almost all video settings in kodi but theres no perfect match.

With settings i described above i have almost smooth playback but every 10 seconds I have micro stutter / judder.
    Thank in advance for any ideas.

Comment

How to Program your Android TV box Remote
      (five programmable blue buttons)

How to Program your Android TV box Remote This video will show you how to program your Android TV box to control your TV.This will work with most Android TV ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	a95x-remote-control.jpg Views:	2 Size:	171.5 KB ID:	767078
      Attached Files

Comment

I received my T95Q last thursday and from the very beginning I'm dealing with bootloops. This happens randomly, about 5-10 times a day, The box is so unstable which is very annoying and frustrating. Can't use it in a normal way. In the meantime I have decided to detach my external hard disk, to avoid possible filesystem errors on my hard disk.

Has anyone faced these bootlops before?
        If so, were you able to fix this?
        If so, how?

I'm using the latest stock firmware TQ 20008_20190216-1121.

Regards,
        Jan

Comment

Originally posted by JandeHekkerman View Post
          I received my T95Q last thursday and from the very beginning I'm dealing with bootloops. This happens randomly, about 5-10 times a day, The box is so unstable which is very annoying and frustrating. Can't use it in a normal way. In the meantime I have decided to detach my external hard disk, to avoid possible filesystem errors on my hard disk.

If so, how?

Regards,
          Jan
          My box was buggy as hell also. It rebooted itself a few times a day. I updated to the firmware posted by user mojojojo67. It fixed my problem.
          ​​​​​​ Was the box like that when you first received it? Maybe it's an app you put on it?

Comment

Lazyregis, thanks for the kind advice. It happens randomly. I just had my first reboot this morning within 10 minutes, while using the YouTube app. The box freezed, the sound made a lot of noise and within 3 seconds or so the T95Q rebooted.

I found the firmware you mentioned. Do I need a sd card to use the OTA update file? If so, I don't have one yet.

Honestly I prefer to use Amlogic's burining tool. Suppose the box reboots, while using the OTA update method..

Did you find the fully stock rom version 20007 somewhere on the internets? Please share it with me. I couldn't find it yesterday.

Cheers and thanks for your help.
            Last edited by JandeHekkerman; 03-24-2019, 12:18.

Comment

I used the firmware from user mojojojo67. Yes you will need to put it on a micro SD card. It must be partitioned to fat32. Basically, a card will be fat32 if it's under 16g. The bigger cards are partioned differently and unusable for our box.
              I don't know where you can find the full stock firmware. Sorry. Some people are putting different firmwares on our box. I believe mojojojo67 posted links in this forum. Maybe that's something you may try? I've also read that some people are having problems with the power plug. If you have a similar one give it a try? Make sure it's 5v 2a tho.

Comment

Thanks man. The seller on AliExpress also told me this afternoon to use a different power adapter. The box is currently using the power adapter of my Beelink GT1 (R.I.P.). That adapter has the same specs. Unfortunately the T95Q rebooted itself again within an hour or so. It happens always randomly. Therefore it is hard to find the culprit.

I'm now disabling my apps one by one, to find out if one of my apps is causing the crashes.

Maybe I'll buy a sd card (but I still prefer to download the full image version 20007 somewhere). Or eventually I will return the box. I have not decided yet.

Thanks for your help buddy

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JandeHekkerman View Post

If so, how?

Regards,
                  Jan
                  Where did you find TQ 20008? all I can find is TQ 20007.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post
                    Where did you find TQ 20008? all I can find is TQ 20007.
                    It came default with my box.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Comment

Touch & hold doesn't seem to work. As a result drag-drop widgets on the desktop doesn't work (as in Nova launcher) for example.

It it just with my setup or is this just "normal" with this box?

Comment

Originally posted by devitrified View Post
                        Touch & hold doesn't seem to work. As a result drag-drop widgets on the desktop doesn't work (as in Nova launcher) for example.

It it just with my setup or is this just "normal" with this box?
                        Touch and hold to add widgets won't work, I use ATV launcher, I use widgets on it, but they are added a different way that touch and hold. it's an irritating flaw with this box. Maybe they'll fix it with an update.

Comment

Newest stock firmware update TQ20008 _2019-03-25_OTA_flashable.zip
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l488pgw9a...hable.zip?dl=0

The update is signed, so it can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery,
                          or just use TWRP to install the zip-file.
                          (TWRP 3.2.3 for S905x2-u211 devices -> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgbIdSaKxLK3e-SPboA )
                          (but always do a backup first! )

Last edited by mojojojo67; 03-28-2019, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post
                            Newest stock firmware update TQ20008 _2019-03-25_OTA_flashable.zip
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l488pgw9a...hable.zip?dl=0

The update is signed, so it can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery,
                            or just use TWRP to install the zip-file.
                            (TWRP 3.2.3 for S905x2-u211 devices -> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgbIdSaKxLK3e-SPboA )
                            (but always do a backup first! )

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a way to change the mouse cursor on this box, the dang thang is ugly, looks like the Minix cursor.

Comment

PROGTV APP can not stream h264 AC3 iptv.
                                It is possible in KODI, but the image quality is not good.

I was able to use the mediaplayer player with the PROGTV APP in the S912 box and the S905X box.
                                But this box does not do the same thing.

I think the built-in media player is not available in the S905X2 box.

Comment

Working...
                                X