Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix TX5 Max Amlogic 905X2 4/32gb Dual Wifi Lan BT4

Tanix TX5 Max Android 8.1 TV Box
    Amlogic S905X2 4GB LPDDR4 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi BT4.2 Support 4K H.265

The TANIX TX5 MAX adopts Amlogic S905X2 CPU new technology with an external antenna, stable signal transmission, never worry about video interruption or picture distortion, offers 4K output which provides you high-resolution viewing and fluent video playing. It has 4GB RAM, and 32GB ROM large capacity, perfect for installing various APPs at will. Simple plug it into TV, and enjoy your best private theater time!

Main Features
    ● Android 8.1 operation system
    ● Amlogic S905X2 CPU, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A53, 2.0GHz
    ● Mali G31 MP2 GPU
    ● 4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 32GB EMMC ROM
    ● 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual-band WiFi
    ● 1000Mbps Ethernet
    ● Support 4K ultra HD image display
    ● Support H.265 decoding

Gearbest

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Another Amlogic 905x2 to add to the collection of players this month
    This time thanks to GEARBEST we can have a close look at the
    Tanix TX5 Max Android 8.1 TV Box - BLACK 4GB RAM+32GB ROM
    Amlogic S905X2 4GB LPDDR4 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi BT4.2:

Specification as found

Type: TV Box
    System: Android 8.1
    CPU: Amlogic S905X2
    Core: Quad Core
    RAM: 4G
    RAM Type: LPDDR4
    ROM: 32G
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 128GB (not included)

5G WiFi: Yes
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: DC Power Port,HDMI,RJ45,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0,USB3.0
    Antenna: Yes
    Language: Multi-language
    HDMI Version: 2.0
    External Subtitle Supported: Yes
    HDMI Function: CEC,HDCP,HEC
    RJ45 Port Speed: 1000Mbps

Dimension and Weight
    Product weight: 0.1800 kg
    Package weight: 0.4500 kg
    Product size (L x W x H): 10.90 x 10.90 x 2.10 cm / 4.29 x 4.29 x 0.83 inches
    Package size (L x W x H): 15.50 x 13.70 x 8.00 cm / 6.1 x 5.39 x 3.15 inches

Let's have a close look at what it has to offer Hardware Wise:

The Box:

What's in the Box:

Ports
    Side: USB and TF Card

Rear: Business end of the deal

Remove the Base:

Up Close:

Then It fell to bits

Up Close:

Front Display:

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 02-20-2019, 00:19.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Let's continue on with the show and tell with the
      Tanix TX5 Max Android 8.1 TV Box - BLACK 4GB RAM+32GB ROM
      Amlogic S905X2 4GB LPDDR4 + 32GB EMMC 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi BT4.2:

As with Most of these Amlogic 905X2
      It pretty much the same as others tested to date, except for the Tanx/Alice twist.

Setting up of WiFi, Google Account, updates and Installed Apps etc all good, no issues found
      WiFi and Ethernet speeds Normal here.

Does have this annoying thing popping out from left of screen some notification thing when apps are updated.
      or some notification, not noticed before on other Boxes, and I could get to hate it quickly.
      Also not 100% Fan of the Tanix Alice UI, some will and others not.

Running Android 8.1
      T5 Max does have Root Access, unfortunately no Upper or Lower Bars
      Has the Q/Enter Issue for us keyboard users luckily an easy fix.
      LED display does appear very bright white colour.

I have noticed when doing Screen Capture it's not an Instant, there is a pause of a few seconds before it actually happens on screen,
      Also appears to be some Background activity as you will see later in CPU test.

Rom Dates Late December, no updates as yet when checked OTA.

Let's have a look around and see what it has to offer, a few Gif animations about 4 seconds each frame

Alice UI, and Info:

Root Access, DRM L3, Ram and Storage Truth:

CPU-Z and Aida64:

The pop out: Should be a place to turn it off

ANTUTU:

CPU Monitor: Something going on just sitting idle

Geekbench 4:

SD CARD Test:

USB2 Read/Write:

USB3 Read Write:

Then I cracked it with Alice and went to MS Launcher for a spell.
      Last edited by trebor; 02-18-2019, 19:00.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

More of a tinker this day on the Tanix TX5 Max Android 8.1 TV Box - BLACK 4GB RAM+32GB ROM

Netflix OK:

Youtube:

LED Clock: bring out the sun glasses
        Last edited by trebor; 02-18-2019, 18:58.
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Firmware Android Oreo 8.1 / 20181226
          https://mega.nz/#F!QApmFKSI!P6a0ktL0...X7uCg!8EgiFAJC

Comment

Come on guys, let the hands on reviews stream in, and hope this is one of the better choices for a S905X2 box, at least I have a good feeling in it.

I like the external antenna, the optical out and the display.

trebor The side way pop out should disappear when you disable playstore notifications I presume, and wouldn't it be possible to dim the display with adding a resistor to the power source?

Comment

Yep I did not go looking to hard at the time
              One app i was running while testing it was like a game of peek a boo it was in and out every few seconds crazy...all under control
              Resistor goodness that sound like work, bit of black tape or the inside much quicker

treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

well i have one

Comment

Media Player gods must be smiling
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                    well i have one
                    Can't wait to read your comments on the performance on stock firmware, and of course your custom rom, as I really fancy this box

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Can't wait to read your comments on the performance on stock firmware, and of course your custom rom, as I really fancy this box
                      Well still no time to mess with it, but i cant tell you right now... i hate the launcher since is the same used in TX6 that i also worked on lol!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Well still no time to mess with it, but i cant tell you right now... i hate the launcher since is the same used in TX6 that i also worked on lol!
                        Still no update superceleron? As would like to order before the Chines new year start, and it will be this one of the Beelink

Comment

I don't know if this also affects superceleron, but I received an email from GearBest yesterday saying that the sample TX5 they'd planned to send me has been cancelled. Their justification was "no effect from last cooperation", which I assume is measured through the affiliate program...something they didn't even suggest I join until two weeks ago.

Consequently, I think you're going to see a lot fewer custom ROMs for new devices from now on. My wife has been pretty understanding of this hobby of mine, but she won't tolerate me buying any more TV boxes that I don't absolutely need. I've already got dozens littering my office floor.

Fortunately, we do still have Beelink sending us sample hardware, and they seem to be pretty happy with the results. So if you're concerned about future custom ROM support, I'd buy the GT1 Mini.

Comment

• superceleron
                            superceleron commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ye mate that is affecting me for a few months now, they changed their policy on who and what they send
                            I also not going to buy it devices...
                            Btw this one is not send by them but from my work... since we a cooperating again with orath..

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Fortunately, we do still have Beelink sending us sample hardware, and they seem to be pretty happy with the results. So if you're concerned about future custom ROM support, I'd buy the GT1 Mini.
                          I thought to understand that superceleron received a TX5 Max already.

My concern is not only with the availability of future custom roms, but also how the original firmware performs with the hardware, as my understanding is that custom roms are based on the original firmware and if there are serious issues at that point it will be difficult to get them sorted.

I have read up on the Gt1 Mini on this forum already and think currently there is no custom rom yet that fixes all the issues that come with the original firmwware.

From the TX5 Max I haven't read any review yet probably because it's the most recent released box with this processor, though I saw a youtube from someone who reviewed most S905X2 boxes on the market yet, and he shortlisted the Beelink and the TX5 Max as the most promising.

Comment

• superceleron
                            superceleron commented
                            Editing a comment
                            well no custom rom will every fix all problems, ever.. not even the ones build from the sdk directly since is so massive that is to much for only 1 person to tackle it!
                            From what i see of the tx5 max, yes the hw is better than GT1 mini, but the software... same shit... well a bit better since CEC works just fine!

superceleron Why you think all boxes with this processor have so many issues with the software? Could it be the Android version ?

Comment

Working...
                          X