No announcement yet.

Tanix TX5 Max Amlogic 905X2 4/32gb Dual Wifi Lan BT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, and thank you for this topic, it's my first Android box, so never had the opportunity to come to this forum.

I have 2 - 3 questions about Android box :

When I try to flash with USB Burning Tool, I have to uncheck erase-bootloader, if not it gets stuck at 3% on UBOOT and does not flash the box.

Is the bootloader lock? If so, is it possible to connect with fastboot for unlock?

Is a classic version (AOSP) of Android available for this box? I'm not a fan of androidTV.

A little trick, that I read (I don't know where, thanks to him), is to drill a small hole under the power supply to have access to the reset button of the box without dismantling it and to have access to the recovery without dismantling.

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post
      the same

Comment

A little trick, that I read is to drill a small hole under the power supply to have access to the reset button of the box without dismantling it
        I drilled a hole at this point, The Picure may help you, will try to post them with scale when i get time

In Alternate
        All u have to do is press the menu button on stock remote immidiately after swithching on the Box power supply, I t should get you into recover(sure woks for TWRP)

In case you chose to drill, be very Cautious and it is suggested not to use a mechanical drill. you might run through the power supply and ur box is a paperweight.

u may use a .2mm steel drilling bit (use larger if u are not sure where the gold is )
        all u have to do is place it on the point were u want to drill
        Then put pressure with ur index finger,
        while doing that use your other hand to screw that clock wise, ull notice shreds of plastic lathing out
        u may have to keep looking again and again until u c the button through black plastic casing.

U can notice even i got it .5mm far but it works for me with tooth pick & iam able to press it easily

and yes u that on ur own risk

Click image for larger version  Name:	15705465.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	766847

IMG_20190319_072403.jpg

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190319_075956.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.4 KB ID:	766849Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190319_075840.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.7 KB ID:	766850
        Last edited by usernamereg; 03-19-2019, 05:51.

Comment

In case you chose to drill, be very Cautious and it is suggested not to use a mechanical drill. you might run through the power supply and ur box is a paperweight.
          Just unscrew the antenna bolt and disassemble the plastic piece, no risk of knocks to damage the box, I did it with a mechanical drill.

In AlternateAll u have to do is press the menu button on stock remote immidiately after swithching on the Box power supply, I t should get you into recover(sure woks for TWRP)
          Doesn't work for me, that's why I did it like this.

Last edited by Novbidouille; 03-22-2019, 09:56.

Comment

Just unscrew the antenna bolt and disassemble the plastic piece, no risk of knocks to damage the box, I did it with a mechanical drill.
            Hey Thanks
            That was pretty safe, had i had known it could be pry opened after unscrewing the antenna

Comment

Product description: "DVD support" What does it mean ? ( I tried to connect DVD drive via USB but it doesn ?t work.)

Comment

One question ...... i trry to update with usb burning tool 2.1.6 and JY-TX5Max-NavigationBar-20190221.img
                I place the img file to usb burning tool, press start button and then connect at the same time usb cable to my pc and the power cable .
                Αs many attempts as I did, displays the following message.....
                Can somebody help me ?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1-png-6b48be89f61a9969ef27f6e6c0227341.png
Views:	862
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	767913

Comment

I found a solution to the problem , the upgrade is done normally using the version 2.1.7 usb burning tool

Comment

Hello all

Has anyone tried to use static IP on Ethernet connection and with the latest stock firmware?
                      ​​
                      I can't get it to work on my box.
                      I'm not sure if it's another firmware bug or if I'm doing something wrong. But I set the same values on my other android box (Tanix Tx3 mini) and it works.

Comment

I installed the latest firmware by saslvad
                        (though I clarify that the RoM is excellent but since i did not chose normal erase as suggested by the developer and hence ended with lost device ID)
                        https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=83691063

installed it through USB tool
                        I checked the full erase in erase flash option( correct option suggested is normal erase )
                        The box booted with " The device is not activated error and will shut down in 30 minutes"

the error is detailed in link below with a picture of the error I'm getting on screen
                        Plz read the post at "
                        https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=82261408
                        "

The 4pda guys definitely have resolution to this problem but cant understand russian and hence not able to understand how to fix it.
                        Someone plz help.

downloaded 4.zip but do not know how to flash image
                        &
                        where to flash image

downloaded license.zip too
                        " https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=82266882 "

again
                        not sure what to do and how to flash

Can some one guide me step by step
                        what i understand is I lost my Mac ID and I will have to flash it via usb tool but the editing part is not conceivable fro russian forum.
                        sos
                        Last edited by usernamereg; 04-04-2019, 09:16.

Comment

Problem resolved with a little help from the developer Sasvlad, lesson of the day only 'Normal Erase' or the box will be a mess.

I hope we get the Android TV with netfllix and Prime in UHD too.

Comment

Originally posted by usernamereg View Post
                            Problem resolved with a little help from the developer Sasvlad, lesson of the day only 'Normal Erase' or the box will be a mess.

I hope we get the Android TV with netfllix and Prime in UHD too.
                            Where can i found download link and i can't understand what should exactly i am doing about flashing proccess? Can you add a screenshot which about selected things?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_eser View Post

Where can i found download link
                              I sent you a personal message .

Comment

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post
                                I sent you a personal message .
                                Thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                                X