Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC_Pal68
    replied
    New Firmware out. Anybody has an idea of the changes/bug fix?
    Last edited by PC_Pal68; 02-20-2019, 00:16.

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    We should start a wiki. ;-)

• superceleron
    commented on 's reply
    well.. near impossible i say!

Guest commented on 's reply
    So many knock-off Chinese chipsets! How do we keep track?

• superceleron
    replied
    actually fn-link 6222B-SRB is a RTL8822 in disguise..... hehehe

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackening
    replied
    Hi all

Isn't it strange that the TX5 Max doesn't show up in the Tanix homepage?

Also the TX5 Max has a fn-link 6222B-SRB wifi chip, while other s905x2 have an AP6255.
    Am i correct in assuming that a ROM for a box with the AP6255 wifi chip, will render the TX5 Max wireless-less . Assuming it won't brick it in the process XD
    Any thoughts about that?

Does anyone know of another s905x2 box that has the fn-link 6222B wifi chip?

Although i feel The TX5 Max is a awesome machine, i really don't like NOT having the navigation and status bar.
    And there is definitely some work going on the background.
    The cores never go offline , and idle at (for short moments) 250Mhz instead of 100MHz

I've searched high and low, still can't find a stock android ROM for it.
    Isn't anything out there yet?

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• PC_Pal68
    replied
    Need advice/recommendations...

Been looking around for my first Androir box for the last month. Will be mostly streaming movies and sports. Down to Tx5 Max or X99.

What I like from the Tanix Tx5 Max: Specs, Alice, Root, Gigabit Ethernet, DDR4, Front display (time), S905X2, Digital Audio Out (need that), Oreo, Price.

What I like about X99: Specs/Power, Remote/Mouse, Digital out, Giga Ethernet, Front display, New firmware (although I don't know what are the changes).

Any advice, suggestions or warnings are appreciated.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• pkatsaras
    replied
    Hi! I need some guidance. I tried to flash the latest firmware with Amlogic Burning Tool but with no luck. Everytime it stucks at 3% "Downloadin UBOOT". I cant find any reset button on the box anywhere! The only way for Burning tool to recognise the device is by plugin the same time the usb cable and the power cable on the box. Am I doing something wrong? Can I flash the ROM by using Burning SD Card tool? Thanx in advance!

EDIT: For whom may concern. The Burning SD card tool works. I managed to flash latest firmware, all good.
    Last edited by pkatsaras; 02-17-2019, 19:31.

Leave a comment:

• Georho32
    replied
    I have the ΤΧ3 ΜΑΧ and the root switch work pretty well. Does the TX5 MAX have this ?

Leave a comment:

• phear00
    replied
    Would anyone be able to help confirm a problem I am having with the TX5 Pro please. Using some popular media programs that have the "hamburger" menu in the top left corner, I cannot access that hamburger menu using the typical DPad Up, (or keyboard UP arrow). Of course a mouse works to click on it. I'm only experiencing this problem on this new Tanix box, but on multiple different media programs.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Again Thanks to superceleron and his experimental work on the what he does best,

Sometimes things can often go wrong and it creates an instant brick, this due to the nature of the beast and it happens (alot)
    Today he has spent a big part of his time to unbrick (Mask Mode) on this device so he can continue, well took him 15 minutes

Don't forget to support all "our" Devs on Freaktab:

Leave a comment:

• Gordie Lachance
    replied
    Is auto frame rate switching working with kodi in this box?

Leave a comment:

• boxz0rd
    replied
    " i think you will find MI Box, Shield etc etc"

Do you think there will be amlogic s905x2 versions of those boxes?

I think its a bit of a dilemma when you would like to have a ATV box with sambadroid... either the box is certified and can have ATV but no root, hence no sambadroid, or you get a vanilla android box that you can use for sambadroid but doesnt have ATV...

[edit: i wasnt aware that the custom firmwares for the s905x2 on this board are actually Android TV and not custom vanilla Android, therefore i will go for a s905x2, install ATV, use it as im used to with my Mixbox3 except that i can use it as a budget NAS via usb 3.0 and i have to use the Netflix/Amazon apps that are installed directly on my tv for HD/4k]
    Last edited by boxz0rd; 02-04-2019, 13:01.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    ATV is more for the certified units i think you will find MI Box, Shield etc etc, and secure
    Easier for end user experience and controlled more
    Normal Android for user to fiddle so to speak.
Working...
X