X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxz0rd
    replied
    thx alot!
    one last question, why is it that all s905x2 boxes have android but not android TV as os? will there be ATV boxes with this chip in the future?

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    So far most of the 905x2 boxes have been OK, and should do as you require most have been getting updates,
    If custom rom is not your thing just jump in someplace and do it...
    look here for info on some of the 905x2 you will see most are much the same I have no real fav all have good and bad

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    Not for the faint hearted type lots to read.
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-roms-tools-do.

• boxz0rd
    replied
    p.s.

the most important thing for me is to use my external usb3 hdd and watch my (legit) uhd bluray isos from it + share the external drive in lan via sambadroid. netflix is not important i can use the app thats installed directly on the tv.

as for custom roms, id like to avoid dubious stuff and malware, unfortunately i am not very accustomed to custom roms and i am only consider using one if the alice ui turns out to be lame... atm am using a mibox3 and i got used to regular oreo which i like despite not hhaving usb3 and no root access

Leave a comment:

• boxz0rd
    replied
    thank you for your quick response!
    can you suggest a source of information where i can get an overview of the options that i have and how to install them?

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    Upper Notification Bar and Lower task bar often seen and wanted by some
    You can try other launchers, Anything is possible, updates can happen when they do, also there is some custom roms for other 905x2 that may work.
    The launcher is OK, just not one of my favs.
    Tanix usually do updates,

• boxz0rd
    replied
    "T5 Max does have Root Access, unfortunately no Upper or Lower Bars"

can u elaborate on what you mean with "upper and lower bars"?

further am i right in assuming that i will be aable to use sambadroid with this box since its rootable by default?

what are the prospects of using regular android 8 or 9 with this Box in the future or should i rather get accustomed to the alice ui if i want to have a supported firmware that doesnt require much fiddling?

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    superceleron Why you think all boxes with this processor have so many issues with the software? Could it be the Android version ?
    Na... simple they just use what aml did, dont change much... they add a few stuff here and there but 99% are still stock aml code!
    And of course aml dont do all the work for them!
    Anyway... i just booted 9 on it... dunno if i will rls it, since is a work(employer) rom... depends on their good mood lol!
    Also booted 9 on s905x!

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    superceleron Why you think all boxes with this processor have so many issues with the software? Could it be the Android version ?

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    commented on 's reply
    well no custom rom will every fix all problems, ever.. not even the ones build from the sdk directly since is so massive that is to much for only 1 person to tackle it!
    From what i see of the tx5 max, yes the hw is better than GT1 mini, but the software... same shit... well a bit better since CEC works just fine!

• superceleron
    commented on Guest's reply
    Ye mate that is affecting me for a few months now, they changed their policy on who and what they send
    I also not going to buy it devices...
    Btw this one is not send by them but from my work... since we a cooperating again with orath..

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Fortunately, we do still have Beelink sending us sample hardware, and they seem to be pretty happy with the results. So if you're concerned about future custom ROM support, I'd buy the GT1 Mini.
    I thought to understand that superceleron received a TX5 Max already.

My concern is not only with the availability of future custom roms, but also how the original firmware performs with the hardware, as my understanding is that custom roms are based on the original firmware and if there are serious issues at that point it will be difficult to get them sorted.

I have read up on the Gt1 Mini on this forum already and think currently there is no custom rom yet that fixes all the issues that come with the original firmwware.

From the TX5 Max I haven't read any review yet probably because it's the most recent released box with this processor, though I saw a youtube from someone who reviewed most S905X2 boxes on the market yet, and he shortlisted the Beelink and the TX5 Max as the most promising.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't know if this also affects superceleron, but I received an email from GearBest yesterday saying that the sample TX5 they'd planned to send me has been cancelled. Their justification was "no effect from last cooperation", which I assume is measured through the affiliate program...something they didn't even suggest I join until two weeks ago.

Consequently, I think you're going to see a lot fewer custom ROMs for new devices from now on. My wife has been pretty understanding of this hobby of mine, but she won't tolerate me buying any more TV boxes that I don't absolutely need. I've already got dozens littering my office floor.

Fortunately, we do still have Beelink sending us sample hardware, and they seem to be pretty happy with the results. So if you're concerned about future custom ROM support, I'd buy the GT1 Mini.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Well still no time to mess with it, but i cant tell you right now... i hate the launcher since is the same used in TX6 that i also worked on lol!
    Still no update superceleron? As would like to order before the Chines new year start, and it will be this one of the Beelink

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Can't wait to read your comments on the performance on stock firmware, and of course your custom rom, as I really fancy this box
    Well still no time to mess with it, but i cant tell you right now... i hate the launcher since is the same used in TX6 that i also worked on lol!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X