Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't drag/drop icons with S905X2 devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't drag/drop icons with S905X2 devices?

Hi guys,
    I bought a T95Q device and I noticed that I can't drag and drop icons using Nova Launcher as well as most launchers I tried. Is anyone else experiencing this on their S905X2? Is there a fix for it? Is it possible to downgrade to Android 7 to fix it?

Thanks!

I have a Tanix TX5 Max, and the same happens.
    A while ago I read somewhere (can't remember exactly where, seen too many forums today ) that Pixel Launcher works 100%.
    I haven't tried it yet. I'm still at work.
    Hope it helps.

Edit :

That was a dead end. Already tried several launchers, none allows drag/drop. Maybe another bug/function missing.

Last edited by TheBlackening; 02-19-2019, 12:45.

Comment

Give ADW Launcher 2 a try, it's the only one I found that allows dragging apps from the App Drawer to the Home Screen.

I hope there will be a device firmware update or Nova launcher update that has a fix for this issue. I honestly wouldn't mind downgrading my device to Android 7 if that was possible.

Comment

It works now with ADW 2.
        Thanks

I've been searching for another ROM, but it seems there's nothing out there for the TX5 Max.
        There are for other boxes but they have a different WiFi chip. I think WIFI won't work if I use one of those ROMs, might even brick it.
        I'm not willing to try it yet.

Comment

I don't think another ROM is really going to help I have had a few custom roms and it still the same thing I hear it's an oreo thing with amlogic I could be wrong but I use the total launcher and it works.

Comment

Ok guys allow me to explain the issue. I am the one who posted about ADW Launcher 2 working on a different thread. This is actually a well known problem on Android, and it usually happens after a new version of Android is released. New versions of Android will not be fully compatible will all apps. You may be able to install apps, but those apps will not be fully compatible with the firmware. Meaning there may be requirements by the firmware for apps to be able to carry out certain task, like dragging and dropping icons, and some apps simply have not been updated with the required code to complete these task. New firmware versions change the way task are carried out, so on an older version of Android you will be able to do things like drag and drop icons, but after updating to a newer firmware version, some apps will lose some functionality. Dragging and dropping icons is not the only problem, grabbing web pages with the mouse and scrolling and holding down on images to get the popup that allows you to save pictures from websites are also not able to be done inside most browsers. I already knew the problem was with the apps not the firmware, so I took it upon myself to install launchers and browsers to see which ones did not have these problems. I installed around 40 browsers and 40 launchers. I found 2 launchers that allow you to drag and drop icons and those were ADW 2 and Microsoft launcher. I found one browser that allows me to grab pages with the mouse and scroll, and that is Firefox. If you wait these functions will be added to most apps, but you may have to wait for a while, cause it could be the next update, or 15 updates till it gets fixed. This problem has literally happened with every new version of Android since the first version. It seems like it has just been a bigger problem on Android 8 than other versions. Its like more apps are not fully compatible with Android 8 than any other version in the past.

Comment

• trebor
              trebor commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, good information that is common,
              Always easier to blame the box or firmware or seller

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
            Ok guys allow me to explain the issue. I am the one who posted about ADW Launcher 2 working on a different thread. This is actually a well known problem on Android, and it usually happens after a new version of Android is released. New versions of Android will not be fully compatible will all apps. You may be able to install apps, but those apps will not be fully compatible with the firmware. Meaning there may be requirements by the firmware for apps to be able to carry out certain task, like dragging and dropping icons, and some apps simply have not been updated with the required code to complete these task. New firmware versions change the way task are carried out, so on an older version of Android you will be able to do things like drag and drop icons, but after updating to a newer firmware version, some apps will lose some functionality. Dragging and dropping icons is not the only problem, grabbing web pages with the mouse and scrolling and holding down on images to get the popup that allows you to save pictures from websites are also not able to be done inside most browsers. I already knew the problem was with the apps not the firmware, so I took it upon myself to install launchers and browsers to see which ones did not have these problems. I installed around 40 browsers and 40 launchers. I found 2 launchers that allow you to drag and drop icons and those were ADW 2 and Microsoft launcher. I found one browser that allows me to grab pages with the mouse and scroll, and that is Firefox. If you wait these functions will be added to most apps, but you may have to wait for a while, cause it could be the next update, or 15 updates till it gets fixed. This problem has literally happened with every new version of Android since the first version. It seems like it has just been a bigger problem on Android 8 than other versions. Its like more apps are not fully compatible with Android 8 than any other version in the past.
            Have you tried the A95X Plus launcher?

I want to install on A95X Max, but I don't know where to download it...

Comment

Originally posted by Leoben View Post

Have you tried the A95X Plus launcher?

I want to install on A95X Max, but I don't know where to download it...

Square home 3 launcher works ok.
              Last edited by Hjhoekie; 04-16-2019, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
                You can drag-and-drop in Nova Launcher! The trick is, you have to go into the app drawer and search the app you want to move. Once it pops up in search, you can drag it to the home screen. You can also long press it with the mouse button and get the standard menu items for that icon to uninstall edit, or whatever. I hope this helps some people

Comment

Originally posted by MyVision View Post

You can drag-and-drop in Nova Launcher! The trick is, you have to go into the app drawer and search the app you want to move. Once it pops up in search, you can drag it to the home screen. You can also long press it with the mouse button and get the standard menu items for that icon to uninstall edit, or whatever. I hope this helps some people
                  Thanks for post works a treat on my T95Q

Comment

Much thanks! I've been searching for this fix for a while. Works like a charm. And did I mention, thanks!

Comment

I will add to what has been said, yes, this solves the problem with application icons, but standard widgets cannot be added this way, they can be added if you install zank remote on the TV box and phone, and by controlling the phone you will be able to add any widget from the widget menu

Comment

Working...
                      X