Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have this launcher?

Hey guys,
    Does anyone here have this launcher or know from where I can download it?

It looks very similar to Leanback Launcher but it doesn't have the large icons. I don't want the regular Leanback Launcher because I'm not a fan of the big icons as you can see in the picture below:

Any help is appreciated!

I was able to get the launcher apk from /system/app directory from an unpacked firmware. However the APK won't install. Can a developer or an Android expert please take a look to see why the APK won't install?

Here's the APK file:

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bryan3r3 View Post
      I was able to get the launcher apk from /system/app directory from an unpacked firmware. However the APK won't install. Can a developer or an Android expert please take a look to see why the APK won't install?

Here's the APK file:

Thanks!
      Because you need to add it as a system app.
      Also it can only work on Rockchip devices, are you trying to install it on S905x2 that have different firmware sign keys?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Also it can only work on Rockchip devices, are you trying to install it on S905x2 that have different firmware sign keys?
        Yes I extracted it from a Rockchip firmware and I'm trying to install it on my stock T95Q which is S905x2. Don't know if that's possible...

Comment

Yes I extracted it from a Rockchip firmware and I'm trying to install it on my stock T95Q which is S905x2. Don't know if that's possible...
          It won't be possible as Rockchip would have made sure other manufacturers couldn't use their launcher.

Comment

It won't be possible as Rockchip would have made sure other manufacturers couldn't use their launcher.
            Thank you for the info! Really appreciate it.

Comment

Can A95X Plus launcher Install on A95X Max Box?

The box manufacturer can be the same.

Where can I download the A95X Plus Launcher?

Comment

Originally posted by mojojojo67 View Post
                Just try Square Home Launcher.
                It looks similar to T95Q stock launcher, but a lot of options to customize....
                https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._DWe24ZPAiQmUI
                How do I change the launcher on T95Q?

EDIT

Installed Nova launcher.

Set Nova launcher as the default launcher, launches no problem after reboot. Boots with nova default settings, three screens and a few apps on them.

If I select an app on home screen or app drawer launches fine.

I use an air mouse and on other boxes can select app from app draw using long press and can drag it to the home screen.

Doesn't work on T95Q.

Any ideas what I need to change to get this working, so I can drag and drop apps from app drawer to home screen?.
                Last edited by Jeffers; 08-20-2019, 19:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post
                  Installed Nova launcher.
                  Set Nova launcher as the default launcher, launches no problem after reboot. Boots with nova default settings, three screens and a few apps on them.
                  If I select an app on home screen or app drawer launches fine.
                  I use an air mouse and on other boxes can select app from app draw using long press and can drag it to the home screen.
                  Doesn't work on T95Q.
                  Any ideas what I need to change to get this working, so I can drag and drop apps from app drawer to home screen?.
                  Believe issue is the Nova Launcher app itself, nothing can be done with it, unless you know how to decompile an apk and rewrite code.

Use ADW Launcher2 is similar to Nova Launcher with maybe a few less settings, I really like the detail and design of the ADW settings interface, IMO for a TVbox the ADW Launcher is better than NovaLauncher. The Drag-n-Drop feature works on Android 8 or 9 to easily move Apks around and also Add them to the Homescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Believe issue is the Nova Launcher app itself, nothing can be done with it, unless you know how to decompile an apk and rewrite code.

Use ADW Launcher2 is similar to Nova Launcher with maybe a few less settings, I really like the detail and design of the ADW settings interface, IMO for a TVbox the ADW Launcher is better than NovaLauncher. The Drag-n-Drop feature works on Android 8 or 9 to easily move Apks around and also Add them to the Homescreen.
                    Thanks for response.

I have installed ADW2 and as you say can now drag and drop.

Comment

Here's the APK file:

Thanks!
                      Hi,

Can you share it again?It was deleted.
                      From what rockchip device you extracted the firmware?

Anyone has if for Rockchip and for Amlogic?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I just copy it to the /system/app, and change it's propterty as rw-r-r in a RK3288 android 5.1.1 box,but in setting's home,no choice of this launcher.
                        What's the correct way to add it?
                        Just install would be parse error,no compatible with android 5.1.1?Must be 6.0 or above?

Comment

Thanks for sharing this information.

Comment

Working...
                          X