No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mecool KM3 wifi/bluetooth chipset died, so after i did a factory reset i can't no longer pair the remote and pass the blue pairing screen.

Is there any way of skipping it? Or is there remote TV app that discovers the box through the same network and "emulates" the bluetooth pairing?

I've already used a remote android Tv app that discovers my mecool on the network(the box ethernet connection is still working) and after pairing it will only works like an infrared remote i can use it only to change the sound and turn off the box.

I've already tried to flash several times Guest rom but no luck until now.

I've also tried several custom roms but none of them recognizes the box etherner or the dongles (bluetooth and ethernet) that i've connected through usb.

If anyone know a workaround this issue it would be awesome.

Comment

Hi all longterm lurker first time poster lol.
      Just got my Mecool Km9 Pro (says Km9 Pro Deluxe on the sticker on the bottom lol) tried the 2 Netflix file from Zahir and can happily report I'm currently watching Netflix in HD can't test 4k as only got HD sub.
      Quick question does anyone know if there's anyway to get AFR working on this box?

Loving my box so far WiFi is OK better on 2.4g then 5g strangely.
      Fast in use on the home screen, app launching, gaming's good both native games and emulation.
      Runs pretty cool normally around 44-50 highest temp so far was 59 but I have a little usb fan pointing at it that brings the temps down to 32-36 with highs of around 46 so not to bad.
      Nice that it works with my 128GB Sdxc card gives decent speed more then I'll need from it as no 4k movie here.
      Connected my xbox one s pad no problem and works with the games I've tried so far so that's good.
      It's played all the videos file I've tried without issues which is nice.

Things I don't like lol
      Can't update, uninstall or unlock premium in FX file manager.
      The above mentioned auto frame rate matching F be perfect if that worked.
      The q button doesn't work on mx3 air mouse remote with keyboard and mic, and does this strange thing were the voice button doesn't work on the mx3 but it does on the included remote but the mic doesn't work on included remote but it does on the mx3 but that's only when I have the mx3 connected, the included remote work fine if the mx3 isn't connected.

Thanks for I'm all the helpful posts in this thread I know it's for the KM3 but other then storage they seem pretty similar.
      ​​​​

Comment

It's useful to hear from a KM9 Pro owner about the overlapping capabilities of that box and the KM3. And interesting for me, at least, to learn that the "flix fix works on another Mecool product.

AFR requires root. I have it working on my rooted GTMini-A, where it does what it claims to, but not on my unrooted KM3. I'm not aware of a working root tool for these boxes, and would in any case hold off using one on the KM3 to avoid the risk of losing Netflix HD.

Comment

Regarding the flix fix, is it right or normal that I can just use the black icon with red N to watch Netflix?

And you are right wouldn't want to mess up Netflix as not to many boxes play well with Netflix lately from what I've read.

Was a little worried that my sd card wouldn't play nice as all I could find online was max 32GB.

Comment

Are you getting FulHD (1080p) with the black-and-red app? I somehow doubt it. You need to run the white-and-red ATV version of Netflix to do that. - the modded version 3.2.2. in my original post. (Things may work differently on the KM 9, but on the KM3 that's the only way).

Comment

The picture quality looks really good and the same in both apps and its got the HD symbol in the movie info too.

Strange that's why I asked maybe something is different in the KM9 Pro and don't know if the deluxe on the sticker on the bottom means anything not seen that in reviews of it they just say KM9 Pro and it is legit got it from their official store on aliexpress.

Comment

If your PQ looks good to you, perhaps not worth stressing over this. But you can run a check.

In Netflix, search for the program "Test Patterns".
                Run the one that checks for 1920x1080. May take a minute or more. If that test goes all the way up to 1080p, you're good. If it stops at anything less, you're not getting Full HD.

Last edited by Zahir; 08-07-2019, 20:43.

Comment

Just ran the test pattern now and it goes up to 1080p I've included a screenshot and this is using the black with red N icon.

Edit: Zahir Now I see whats happening it doesn't matter which app I start Netflix with they both launch the white icon its like the black with red N is a shortcut to white one, sorry lol.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Mystery cleared up...and I'm glad you're enjoying FullHD on your KM9 Pro.

Comment

Sucks some of the mecool users doesn?t have a working Metflix. But I have found a way to play 1080p Netflix. I wanted to play 4K though.

Comment

I'm not happy with mecool tho they only went and put the full price on the packaging when they normal put ?15 or less so got stung for customs on it lol.

I've seen some people say that the update option in settings doesn't do anything, but when I click mine it goes to a screen to update either by ota or local not that there's a update or anything just wonder if it the same on the other km3 and km9 pros?

Gutted you can't get 4k hopefully someone will find away or Netflix will come to there senses as we have L1 and hdcp-1.xx whatever they are or do we need hdcp-2.xx for 4k Netflix?

Comment

Dying_Snail
                          can I find the netflix apk you are using and what is the version? thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by Dying_Snail View Post
                            Gutted you can't get 4k hopefully someone will find away or Netflix will come to there senses as we have L1 and hdcp-1.xx whatever they are or do we need hdcp-2.xx for 4k Netflix?
                            Yes, you do need HDCP 2.2 to get 4K Netflix. And that must be both the player and the TV. Otherwise it will limit you to 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by exotic34 View Post
                              Dying_Snail
                              can I find the netflix apk you are using and what is the version? thank you..
                              There in post 52 on page 14, that's where I downloaded them from and once installed you run the black with red N one first hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dying_Snail View Post

There in post 52 on page 14, that's where I downloaded them from and once installed you run the black with red N one first hope it helps.
                                I had unfortunately reset my KM3 bcs of other issues but since then i'm not able to get back the netflix hd using the method provided by Bro Zahir despite 3 attempts

Comment

Working...
                                X