X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dicentim View Post
    - KM9 pro : wifi seems terrible.
    :
    I have KM9 Pro 4/32GB and Wifi is great... I measured 161Mb/s down with 5GHz wifi. Also pre-installed Netflix is working from day one. I just didn't test 4k because I have no subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by dibon View Post

I have KM9 Pro 4/32GB and Wifi is great... I measured 161Mb/s down with 5GHz wifi. Also pre-installed Netflix is working from day one. I just didn't test 4k because I have no subscription.
      I also have 5 Ghz wifi 300 Mbps internet.
      I'm interested to know if KM9 Pro is ok with Zahir's Netflix fix.

Comment

Hello Zahir,
        I have been able to install your fixed version of netflix. It was working well in 4K. Then I made the mistake to update the firmware (core version 4.9.113 and build version P1.V1.201903020). Now Netflix isn't working anymore... It seems that the firestick spoofing isn't take into account. When I launch Netflix, now I can only see HD option (no longer 4K) and I have an error (tvq-pb-103) each time I want to watch a movie. When I look at the "more details/device" page I can see that the ESN and device version is KM3...
        So I have the following questions:
        ​​​​​​- Is it possible to return to the factory firmware ?
        ​​​​​​- Or to adapt the firestick spoofing to make it works with this version of firmware ?
        Thanks in advance for your help.
        Regards
        ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Slayerman View Post
          Hello Zahir,
          I have been able to install your fixed version of netflix. It was working well in 4K. Then I made the mistake to update the firmware (core version 4.9.113 and build version P1.V1.201903020). Now Netflix isn't working anymore... It seems that the firestick spoofing isn't take into account. When I launch Netflix, now I can only see HD option (no longer 4K) and I have an error (tvq-pb-103) each time I want to watch a movie. When I look at the "more details/device" page I can see that the ESN and device version is KM3...
          So I have the following questions:
          ​​​​​​- Is it possible to return to the factory firmware ?
          ​​​​​​- Or to adapt the firestick spoofing to make it works with this version of firmware ?
          Thanks in advance for your help.
          Regards
          ​​
          This is exactly what is happening to me. I really wanted to find the original/factory version of the firmware. It seems the update blocks the spoof obviously. I really wish who has the firmware right now with their Netflix 4k working can extract their firmware and share it with everybody. Easier said than done but it?s worth a try.

Comment

Slayerman Sorry for the late response, have been traveling. Firmware updates on the KM3 break the spoof, as I pointed out some time ago. Whether it's the firmware itself or simply the process of updating isn't clear to me. You might try one of those non-ATV Netflix apps that some users have discovered can run in HD. (I think Antoyax was one such user). You'd need an air mouse for navigation.

I modded one such non-ATV app and was able to run it in FullHD on my KM3; however, that's no guarantee it would do so on your version of firmware. I am running the original firmware and that may account for my success. Or not.

Comment

Zahir thanks for your answer, I would like to try to do the spoof manually. I have seen somewhere there's the way to do it through adb command line.
              Does someone know how do to it?
              Regards.

Comment

Slayerman - I'm simply reproducing below the instructions the original developer of the spoof posted about doing this manually:

Enable Debug USB mode
                - type this command
                adb ro.nrdp.modelgroup FIRETVSTB2015
                adb sys.display-size 3840x2160

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                  Slayerman - I'm simply reproducing below the instructions the original developer of the spoof posted about doing this manually:

Enable Debug USB mode
                  - type this command
                  adb ro.nrdp.modelgroup FIRETVSTB2015
                  adb sys.display-size 3840x2160

Good luck.
                  Where does one type this command please ?

Comment

sweetnonso
                    your Terminal application I would imagine.
                    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                      sweetnonso
                      your Terminal application I would imagine.
                      Many thanks..

Comment

Hi,
                        Anyone tried to apply the adb commands after the update and got Netflix 4K back successfully with Zahir's files?
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                          OK, that's promising!

Please follow this procedure:

1. If you had installed my original fix files, uninstall them and reboot your box.
                          2. Plug in your air mouse
                          3. Ensure you have Sideload Launcher installed: as this is a mobile app, it won't show up on the Android TV home screen but it will be available from Sideload Launcher.
                          4. Install and run the linked app. It will suggest an update. CANCEL and move on to the next screen and login. (Other Netflix apps force you to update, which then leaves you with a non-working app. My mod lets you proceed.)
                          5. Using your air mouse, search for and run Test Patterns. If that program plays without an error message, you're well on your way. At first the screen will be pixelated and low res. Hopefully, the bit rate will soon start to climb. If it reaches 5800 kbps and 1920x1080, you've succeeded in obtaining Netflix HD!

Please report back.

https://mega.nz/#!9epjGC4Y!oWU4Wn6NJ...sfY2Txh8UoHbOU
                          Hi zahir.. Can i u give access to this apk link. Tq

Comment

chainsmoker You can try this. It works on my KM3 running the original factory firmware - but then so do my original fix files...If you've updated, or reset your box, it may not. But worth a try?

https://mega.nz/#!8TwRFSwJ!oWU4Wn6NJ...sfY2Txh8UoHbOU

May be offline for a while as I'm in Florida where we're waiting on Hurricane Dorian, but let us know how you get on.

Comment

Zahir I can confirmed that the alternative apk you provided works with netflix HD for my box. And needs to be paired with a wireless mouse in my case

Thanks a lot!

I will try it on Mecool m8s Pro L tomorrow to see if it works there too hopefully

Happy Maal Hijrah!

Comment

Hideiyoshi - thanks for the feedback, that's always helpful to me. Your good wishes appreciated as well...

I'm happy it works for you. Perhaps it will offer an alternative for others with Widevine L1 as well. I'll keep my link active for a few days (ironically, the first time I tried to post this, the Freaktab system blocked my post as spam...).

Last edited by Zahir; 09-01-2019, 16:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X