No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did purchase this box. It arrived yesterday and almost everything works just fine out of the box. Well, except perhaps, Chormecast/Googlecast. I have not been able to figure out how to make that work. It would be a huge disappointment if that does not work. Because that was the whole point of buying this box. I have also opened a ticket with Geekbuying. I sincerely hope this does not turn out to be a case of false advertising. If I manage to get it to work, I will surely post an update. Does anyone on this board know if there is some I need to do in the box to activate Chromecast? Or if there are any steps involved in using it? I have other google device in the house and they just show up. Except this box

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
      I did purchase this box. It arrived yesterday and almost everything works just fine out of the box. Well, except perhaps, Chormecast/Googlecast. I have not been able to figure out how to make that work. It would be a huge disappointment if that does not work. Because that was the whole point of buying this box. I have also opened a ticket with Geekbuying. I sincerely hope this does not turn out to be a case of false advertising. If I manage to get it to work, I will surely post an update. Does anyone on this board know if there is some I need to do in the box to activate Chromecast? Or if there are any steps involved in using it? I have other google device in the house and they just show up. Except this box
      I've been having trouble getting chromecast to work when my device (Mecool KM8) is connected to ethernet, so connect it to WIFI and try again, please let us know if that works.

Comment

According to this guy, the device has chromecast support so it seems to be certified, the video is in russian but you can see at minute 20:20 that he activates YouTube cast:

MECOOL KM3. САМЫЙ ПОЛНЫЙ ОБЗОР. Андроид ТВ 9 c крутым HDR. ТВ БОКС КОТОРОГО ВСЕ ЖДАЛИ!!!Купить KM3:Aliexpress - https://alli.pub/6v9dt4Ali Украина и Мир - ht...

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
          In this website both, the new Mecool KM9 Pro and the KM3 now appear as certified devices so there must be something wrong with your internet or maybe it's the issue I mention earlier with the ethernet:

Comment

Thanks to Gearbest we can have a look see at the MECOOL KM3 Android 9.0 Voice Control TV Box Google Certification

Main Features include:

● Android 9.0 operating system
            ● Amlogic S905X2 CPU, Quad core, ARM Cortex-A53, 2.0GHz
            ● Mali G31 MP2 GPU
            ● 4GB DDR4 RAM + 64GB EMMC ROM
            ● 2.4GHz + 5GHz dual band WiFi
            ● 100Mbps Ethernet
            ● Support 4K ultra HD image display
            ● Support H.265 decoding

A new look Box for Mecool, must have finally ran out of the old design

What's in the Box:

Remove Base:

Remove PCB:

Ports Rear:

Ports Side:

Closer look Top and Bottom Side PCB: click they get bigger

GEARBEST
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

More on the MECOOL KM3 Android 9.0 Voice Control TV Box Google Certification
              A good look forsure, Remote feels good and works as it should including hello Google stuff

Switch on and connection Via Phone Method to google account
              Searched for device found KM3 all setup Easy to Google account, installed some apps easy as.

No Root and of course No Upper or Lower Bars
              Does have Widevine L1
              also advised Netflix not optimised/compatible etc don't work, more to life than Netflix, their loss.

I did find that the Installed Chromecast worked for Youtube so far, from my Xiaomi Phone to the KM3.

Running Android 9 TV version and working as you would expect, Ok that is, you get used to these things after awhile.

WiFi and Ethernet ok,
              Remote as mentioned working well with Hello Google and operations, and feels good to hold.
              No need to hold the Talk while talking.
              Logitech k400 keyboard also in and working with the usual non Keyboard friendly bits I recall

Updated Installed apps via Google Play store OK

Then Installed Web browser Puffin then installed Aptoide TV to install apps, you know the ones that don not
              show in Googles TV Store for testing all pretty easy and they work, Some do not Orientate but that's ok for testing purposes

On with the test/benchmark

UI Android 9

Sideload Launcher: Always Handy

DRM: L1 not Netflix as yet

An Attempt to run Root explorer as expected being certified and all that

Ram and Storage Truth; Plenty room in this one

Antutu

GeekBench

Sd Card Test: Pretty zippy in this area

CPU-Z: running cool also

Even the Old Sammy S3 did a cast to the KM3
              Last edited by trebor; 04-23-2019, 10:21.
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Looking good, Trebor.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hey trebor, thank you for your deep analysis, can you please tell me what is that USB MODEL for?

There is something else I need you to test, it's about the new sound options, now we can know what audio codecs our TVs and AVRs support when the box's audio settings is set to AUTO, we also can manually select the audio codecs, I wonder if Google Play Movies audio (movies are in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and AAC 5.1) are converted to Dolby Digital when the TV or AVR don't support Dolby Digital Plus, can you please make some tests?, thank you in advance.

Comment

Model is just for how it communicates or is presented to the outside world I think you will find, not 100% sure but that is how I read it (if it even works)
                    There are other settings in the box that appear but do nothing, for control of Video Display, Backlight etc on this current version and as seen in other A9 units
                    Don't have an Amp Handy for Audio Test, but someone will i reckon soon..
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                      Model is just for how it communicates or is presented to the outside world I think you will find, not 100% sure but that is how I read it (if it even works)
                      WHAT???

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                        Don't have an Amp Handy for Audio Test, but someone will i reckon soon..
                        You don't need an AVR receiver, if your TV has at least Dolby Digital decoding, when you set the audio setting to AUTO, you will notice at the bottom of the audio settings that everything will be switched off except Dolby Digital, otherwise you should see more or less options turned ON of OFF depending on your TV audio capabilities, if your TV has Dolby Digital decoding then you can test what I asked you.

Comment

They are getting close, but no cigar. No Gigabit Ethernet (that means NO streaming high bitrate video from 4k video rips). No auto frame rate switching. NO HD audio passthrough.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

4k Rips can also take a bit of storage space, 1080 does me as does 720, don't want to see their acne issue you will have even more fun with 8k

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                              They are getting close, but no cigar. No Gigabit Ethernet (that means NO streaming high bitrate video from 4k video rips). No auto frame rate switching. NO HD audio passthrough.
                              You can connect a USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter... problem solved.

Auto frame rate switching is an Amlogic issue, however, the Xiaomi Mi Box is the first one to get it working after a recent update, other manufactures MUST follow suit don't you think?...

The HD audio passthrough should work because on Android Pie there are some new audio settings you can set manually, if you take a look at the russian video I posted earlier you could see what I'm talking about...

Comment

Point me to some samples for dload with required Audio and can have a look see for sure.
                                Yep all these early problems(audio etc)will sort themselves out eventually if they want to stay in the game, and mecool seem to be getting closer.
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X