MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Point me to some samples for dload with required Audio and can have a look see for sure.
    Yep all these early problems(audio etc)will sort themselves out eventually if they want to stay in the game, and mecool seem to be getting closer.
    I just need that you make the test with Google Play Movies as long as you have purchased movies or any free demo like "Sintel" which has 5.1 audio, make sure you use the AUTO setting first and then switch to "manual" and turn on only Dolby Digital, the other audio options must remain turned off.

Comment

Movie Played in Dolby Digital Plus default.
      Manual settings as per Instructions and No Audio
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Movie Played in Dolby Digital Plus default.
        Manual settings as per Instructions and No Audio
        I'm sorry but I don't understand what you did, could you be more specific? thanks.

Comment

Played a movie Google Play, Aquaman...first Play with Audio TV and Box detected it was Dolby Digital Plus on TV.
          Went to setting Manual Dolby Digital only, on Box No audio.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Playready appears to be there and Amazon Video is doing its thing
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Played a movie Google Play, Aquaman...first Play with Audio TV and Box detected it was Dolby Digital Plus on TV.
              Went to setting Manual Dolby Digital only, on Box No audio.
              Ok, thanks for testing.

Comment

I'm pleased to report that YouTube TV works with the KM3. Will be interesting to see if I can get it working on KM9 too, now that I have a good reference ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                  I'm pleased to report that YouTube TV works with the KM3. Will be interesting to see if I can get it working on KM9 too, now that I have a good reference ROM.
                  Guest Pretty please to port the KM3 ROM to original KM9 users with voice remote. Mecool left all of us back who purchased that version, otherwise they could have given an OTA update. BTW whats YouTube TV and how is it better than YouTube app that comes with ATV?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll try, but if there are private keys stored in secure storage for Google Certification, they won't port over to the KM9. Those are generally installed in the factory, and aren't part of the OEM firmware.

BTW, I was able to successfully rip the partitions from the KM3, so I suspect that the bootloader isn't locked. It still may have Android Verified Boot (AVB) enabled, though.

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post

Guest Pretty please to port the KM3 ROM to original KM9 users with voice remote. Mecool left all of us back who purchased that version, otherwise they could have given an OTA update. BTW whats YouTube TV and how is it better than YouTube app that comes with ATV?
                  YouTube TV is Google's live TV streaming service and it's US only. It's $50 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooooozz View Post

YouTube TV is Google's live TV streaming service and it's US only. It's $50 a month.
                    Got it. So this working now should have something to do with Google certifying the box. I wonder if porting to ROM to older KM9s will give us this plus Chromecast, Playready DRM etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post

Got it. So this working now should have something to do with Google certifying the box. I wonder if porting to ROM to older KM9s will give us this plus Chromecast, Playready DRM etc.

So both KM3 and KM9 Pro have been certified officially, you can see those in the Google Play Console (for app developers) as certified devices.

Comment

Hi all, it's been a while..picked up a KM3 today, and it's good. Actually, it's all there, including Netflix Full HD if you look around.. Amazon 1080p, Youtube full 4k...snappy interface, lots of display tweaks - those settings under "picture" all work here, currently displaying "Vivid" and it's nice. Pretty box, very snappy interface and Pie to boot. Yes, locked bootloader and no root, but that little click I hear when I probe the audio OUT with a toothpick tells me that something can be reset. Guest , I'm standing by! Let me know if I can help with anything.

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Define: including Netflix Full HD if you look around

Hello, Zahir, can you test Plex or Emby client to see if they work. They do not work on my KM9.
                        thanks
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
                          trebor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You want want one of these, they nearly work

Just comparing the KM3 and KM9 device trees, there's only one new key in secure storage named "netflix_mgkid". That makes me think that it should be possible to port the KM3 OEM firmware over to the KM9, but that we'll not get full Netflix support.

Comment

Dear mr. Megendanz, that would be great if you could port the KM3 to the KM9. I personally don't care about losing the DRM level 1 since I don't have a need for it. I do have a need for the Emby client to work. The KM9 is the ONLY box that I have, that doesn't play Emby client.

So, I don't even use my KM9, because of this issue.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                          X