MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrived supper quick here, usually FT is slow but today NOW was Excellent
    I got it at about 70% on Mega up Now will pm you a link as I have limited Mega up and down
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Check PM and Zahir if needed.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks, Trebor. And kudos to you, Magendanz.

Comment

Using the USB Burning Tool v2.1.7.0 it took 3:35 minutes to install. Going to connect to TV now...
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Just check your PM's again Gents...something that may interest you also
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Guest you are awesome, you brought new life into my Mecool KM9. With your KM3 port, my Emby app is working perfectly, now.

After the Android TV Pie version loaded and got to the Bluetooth remote pairing screen, I just sat on the couch about 15 feet from the box, and it paired almost instantly. I connect via Ethernet, so have not tested the WiFi function. Right now, I am playing a 4k Blue-ray rip ( The Equalizer 2) perfectly with subtitles AND no buffering, albeit, it is playing in DD, and not TrueHD. So, this device will not passthrough HD audio, and it does not support automatic framerate switching. In other words, it plays everything at 60 fps, instead of switching to 24 fps that movies are filmed in.

This box is FAST. I could not use it as it came from the factory, because it would NOT play media using Plex OR Emby, now it does.

Also, it still kept the Google Widevine Level 1 with HDCP 2.2

I installed this app provided by Zahir, >> com.yablio.netflixuhdfix.apk and then tried to install Netflix [3.2.2-Android TV Mod] tork24 (DeaLabs.com).apk, but it would not install.......
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Is the KM3 firware Microsoft playready compliant on old KM9? Can you check what DRM info says? Also please check Google chromecast support if possible.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As I mentioned earlier, the only additional key in secure storage on the KM3 is for Netflix. Microsoft PlayReady is supported, and so Amazon Prime Video should work. You'll have to sideload it, though, because it's not showing in the Google Play Store for me.

As for Google Cast, that doesn't seem to be working on the KM9 with this firmware. Neither is YouTube TV, and I'm not sure why.
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2019, 07:24.

clarkss12 = glad you're sampling Pie but sorry to hear that app won't install. A puzzle, one that had me uninstalling both apps at my end, and then reinstalling them. They went back with no issues, and the good stuff is still all there..

Did you run or open the first app before proceeding?

Comment

rakeshchn - I'm afraid I can't answer your audio questions as I don't have the requisite equipment for testing TrueHD. I can say that Dolby Atmos over HDMI and through my conventional (analog) amplifier sounds superb - but that doesn't address your query.. however, perhaps clarkss12 has answered you.

Comment

Just FYI, this KM3 OEM firmware does use Android Verified Boot (AVB 2.0), and so you won't be able to install TWRP without building another vbmeta.img with avbtool. I'll work on that this weekend, but we're blazing new trails here so don't hold me to a timeline. Much will depend on whether their bootloader supports Amlogic's verity key.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                      clarkss12 = glad you're sampling Pie but sorry to hear that app won't install. A puzzle, one that had me uninstalling both apps at my end, and then reinstalling them. They went back with no issues, and the good stuff is still all there..

Did you run or open the first app before proceeding?
                      I tried several times, but still would get an error. Perhaps it has something to do with the 4K TV that I am using.

Comment

clarkss12 , perhaps one of these two modded versions will serve you better? Try them after running/opening the original fix..

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

clarkss12 , perhaps one of these two modded versions will serve you better? Try them after running/opening the original fix..

Both of those files install, but only play at 480p (DVD) quality.

Comment

Hmm..perhaps Trebor or anyone else who may have tried the first couple of apks can share his experience..I can only re-confirm both working well at my end.

Comment

• trebor
                              trebor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              As yet no not tested, will get there...

Interesting enhancement for our new box - install the spoof and then the app, and you should be good to go.

The fix persists, at least for now. As will my links - for a while.

Guest, would love that .img too...
                            Unable to download Zahir

Comment

Working...
                            X