No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hideiyoshi here you go. Hope they work as well for you as they do for me. Maybe only good for KM3 and original firmware.
    Last edited by Zahir; 04-28-2019, 04:37.

Comment

Guest , do you plan to do a Custom ROM for this device, or is the Stock Rom, not improvable? Many thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Assuming that I can work around AVB 2.0 without breaking any of the apps that rely on DRM or Google certification, I'll probably build my standard suite (TVStock, Stock & Nano) of custom ROMs for this.

All good on the KM3

On the KM9 (non pro basic Remote) as a KM3 I get the error netflix has encounted,and some numbers
      and the DRM is only L3:
      Last edited by trebor; 04-28-2019, 06:55.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        All good on the KM3

On the KM9 (non pro basic Remote) as a KM3 I get the error netflix has encounted,and some numbers
        and the DRM is only L3:
        If i understand you, are you saying that the modded app works well on KM3, but not on the old KM9 with KM3 firmware?

Comment

At this stage yes, that is correct.....

Note that that was the basic remote model km9

But

The KM9 Pro with Voice remote does have Widevine L1 I have just seen so it may work on the Pro Version
          Still setting up at this stage.

Still Sorry we cannot reach netflix, no connection
          Could be Mac address blocking or something else about these boxes more looking into

KM3 is still works 100%

Both KM9 with KM3 not at this stage no cast or Flix

Looks like it is what it is so far....,A better A9 ATV experience for KM9 instead of Mecool UI
          Last edited by trebor; 04-28-2019, 08:07.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

trebor, informative, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
              trebor, informative, thanks.
              Zahir I know you said you didn't want to keep the modded apk file active for too long, but I just got around to downloading now(just received my box today). Can you please send me the files, it will be much appreciated, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                Okay, here's an Amlogic burn package (.img file) that I created by ripping the partitions from the KM3 that I received yesterday: KM3-PI-V1.20190320.img

Note that while I've converted the ext4 partitions to sparse format, the raw ones and boot images haven't been trimmed. I've compressed the file into a ZIP archive to reduce the download time, but don't confuse this with an OTA update. While it is a .zip file, you can't flash it with the system update app or stock recovery. Just unpack and flash the .img file with USB Burning Tool.

I've confirmed that it restores the OEM firmware successfully with Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.1.7, but I haven't tested with Burn Card Maker.
                Guest Hello..Many thanks for this work ..How to install TWRP and MAGISK to this firmware?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll need to disable Android Verified Boot (AVB 2.0) before you can install TWRP. Since there is no traditional bootloader mode on these devices, you can't do the usual trick of "fastboot boot twrp.img" to bring it up temporarily.

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post

Zahir I know you said you didn't want to keep the modded apk file active for too long, but I just got around to downloading now(just received my box today). Can you please send me the files, it will be much appreciated, many thanks.
                Check your inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post

Check your inbox.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

I got the KM3 from Gearbest last weekend, and it seems to be working fine.

Issues:
                      A couple of issues I noticed where - (1) CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) does not seem to work right, as it turns of my connected TV but turns it on again. (2) the sleep function seems to put the box in a zombie state, whereby it stops displaying anything on the TV, the only way out seems to be performing a hard reboot by unplugging and plugging in the box.

YouTube and Amazon Prime
                      I was able to get Amazon Prime via Aptoide TV through Puffin as mentioned on this thread. YouTube works on 4K and Chromecast works well too.

Netflix
                      Zahir - the links you posted to Netflix aren't available. Could you post/DM or point me to the source for them, I'd like to try them out.

Comment

Originally posted by rayshan View Post
                        I got the KM3 from Gearbest last weekend, and it seems to be working fine.

YouTube and Amazon Prime
                        I was able to get Amazon Prime via Aptoide TV through Puffin as mentioned on this thread. YouTube works on 4K and Chromecast works well too.
                        Does Amazon prime work in 1080p with Dolby digital + audio?

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshchn View Post

Does Amazon prime work in 1080p with Dolby digital + audio?
                          Looks like I jumped the gun, after seeing the home screen. Videos play but I cannot hear any audio, and none of the controls show up to rewind/forward.
                          Couldn't check video quality in details, but looked to my eyes like it was 720 or may be 1080p

Comment

May be you installed mobile version of the app? Can you try the APK from https://rawapk.com/prime-video-android-tv-apk-download/

Comment

Working...
                            X