No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM3 Android Amlogic S905X2 Android 9.0 DDR4 4/64GB ROM Dual WiFi BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rayshan - the links will be up for a few hours, so get these while you can. Install and open the fix first, then install the modded ATV app. BTW, with the right app, Amazon Prime runs in full HD (1080p) and with all controls.

https://mega.nz/#!of5QWaxD!0h4ktQ81I...BqmmIze3mzWBRk

https://mega.nz/#!RfoQSCQS!XgRimd_bz...mrnLiKZ4bNPNUI

Comment

Zahir / rakeshchn - I have the files downloaded, will test them out and let you know.
      ​​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

Zahir - Thanks Netflix works in High Quality (visually looks good, don't know how to check the specs).
        It didn't work initially because of the order of installation. I had to install the (1) Netflix [3.2.2-Android TV Mod] file first and then the other.
        Also I had to open the Netflix App icon with the White background and not the black background, as there were 2 icons even after uninstalling older versions of Netflix.

rakeshchn - The link you posted was for the same version I had and had the same issues I mentioned earlier.
        However, based on this Reddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/c...aomi_mi_box_s/
        I installed Prime video version 4.11.4 from Aptoide and that has been working perfectly fine. All buttons work and sound too. Quality seems to be 1080p (visually).

Though all apps seem to work. I am thinking of returning this box as the issues with the box going to sleep and never waking up are driving ME CRAZY!!
        I have to constantly reach behind it and unplug/re-plug the device to get it off stuck zombie-sleep mode with its blue light in a constant on state instead of the "breathing"
        This definitely does not allow for a lean back experience.

I wonder if this issue is with the specific item I received or if it is something that affects all MECOOL KM3 boxes.

If anyone has a solve for the Sleep issue, please let me know. I've tried a bunch of things including - (1) Switching off CEC completely (2) Changing the Screen saver setting for "Put device to sleep" to all values from - 30 minutes to Never and still seem to have the same issue.

Comment

rayshan:

1. Sleep mode on the current firmware is broken. An update will surely fix that in due course. Meanwhile, you could try my workaround:

- Set "Put Device to Sleep" to "Never"
          - Enable Developer Options: go to Settings/About/Build Number and click on that 7 times.
          - in Developer Options, turn on "Stay Awake" and reboot
          - the box should now not go to sleep spontaneously and then slip into a coma.
          - since this disables the screen saver, if you plan to leave the box idling for extended periods, turn off your TV/monitor.

A short press on the power button will still put the box to sleep. Sometimes, pressing power again will wake it up. Sometimes it won't. You can fiddle with the Powerkey definition in advanced settings if you want to prevent sleep mode with the power button.

2. In Netflix, search for "Test Patterns (Multipurpose Chart:3480x2160)". Let that programme run for a couple of minutes while looking at the counters top right of your screen. You should see the numbers rise after a bit to "5800 kpbs/1920x1080". This is Full HD, not High Quality.

These tips may not be enough to fix a case of buyer's remorse, but should let you enjoy the box for what it offers until we get a firmware update. Netflix 1080p is, of course, an unadvertised freebie.
          Last edited by Zahir; 05-01-2019, 13:48.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and am very impressed with all the knowledge and help being shared! After a fair amount of comparing product specs, I purchased a KM3 a couple weeks ago. Haven't installed the Netflix or Amazon links yet, but did download them. Thanks in advance. I, too, find the sleep issue annoying but will probably wait for a firmware update because sometimes the tv is left on for extended periods at times and the screen saver feature is good. The main concern I have is the internet speeds are deathly slow. Roughly 3 mbps whether wifi or hard wired.

We have Centurylink dsl 50 mbps plan and can consistently get around 45 mbps hard wired to a laptop with no other devices on wifi. My phone (galaxy s9) can pull 35ish on wifi. The km3 is slower than a koala bear on morphine!

The dsl modem is zyxel c1100z which only has 2.4 GHz wifi. I just ordered a newer version zyxel c3000z which can do both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Not sure if that will help the wifi or not, but I'm very confused why it is so slow with a cable. The same cable was used on the laptop at 45, then unplugged and went right into the km3 and get only 3!

Another strange thing is the upload speeds are extremely high. The plan I have is 50 down and 5 up. When I do a speed test i get very slow download, but crazy fast uploads like 300+. We have 2 computers and 2 cell phones and 1 tablet and all "behave" as expected with expected speeds (35-45 down and 4-4.5 up). The km3 seems to be marching to it's own beat. It would be great if the speeds were reversed!

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I just have a bad box? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
              Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum and am very impressed with all the knowledge and help being shared! After a fair amount of comparing product specs, I purchased a KM3 a couple weeks ago. Haven't installed the Netflix or Amazon links yet, but did download them. Thanks in advance. I, too, find the sleep issue annoying but will probably wait for a firmware update because sometimes the tv is left on for extended periods at times and the screen saver feature is good. The main concern I have is the internet speeds are deathly slow. Roughly 3 mbps whether wifi or hard wired.

We have Centurylink dsl 50 mbps plan and can consistently get around 45 mbps hard wired to a laptop with no other devices on wifi. My phone (galaxy s9) can pull 35ish on wifi. The km3 is slower than a koala bear on morphine!

The dsl modem is zyxel c1100z which only has 2.4 GHz wifi. I just ordered a newer version zyxel c3000z which can do both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Not sure if that will help the wifi or not, but I'm very confused why it is so slow with a cable. The same cable was used on the laptop at 45, then unplugged and went right into the km3 and get only 3!

Another strange thing is the upload speeds are extremely high. The plan I have is 50 down and 5 up. When I do a speed test i get very slow download, but crazy fast uploads like 300+. We have 2 computers and 2 cell phones and 1 tablet and all "behave" as expected with expected speeds (35-45 down and 4-4.5 up). The km3 seems to be marching to it's own beat. It would be great if the speeds were reversed!

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I just have a bad box? Any suggestions? Thanks.
              The problem is not having a bad device but how quickly Videostrong releases firmware updates to this boxes, I have a Mecool KM8 that I bought on august last year and I'm still waiting for a firmware update to fix the issues i'm having right now which are more than what you could have with the KM3, I honestly won't buy Mecool devices anymore, I'm going to try with MyGica brand, they at least have their own forum where we can discuss this issues and report bugs, they are a little bit pricier than Mecool ones but I guess it's worth the price if we get a better tech support.

Steaming your favorite TV shows, movies or sporting events with MyGica excellent media players, 4k Android tv boxes, HD digital television receiver tuner stick

Last edited by delacosta78; 05-02-2019, 04:57.

Comment

BigDog - something a little crazy about your network performance, for sure. These are my speeds on wireless ac 5ghz and ethernet, using a fast service. Quite respectable, given that our ethernet port is only 100mbs. Wifi is actually pretty good. Check the quality of your ethernet cable by trying another. And switch to wireless ac (5G) when you can.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190501-101616.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	770873

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190501-101134.jpg
Views:	1618
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	770876
                  Attached Files

Comment

Guys save yourselves the hassle and buy the Beelink GT1. Almost the same specs but it supports Netflix 4K/FHD out of the box. Netflix is just a deal breaker for me I don?t know about you guys. Draw back is it?s just a little pricier than the KM3. Tell me guys if I?m wrong but certainly Beelink GT1 is a little better for me.

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Until Netflix and Google blocks that device.

Let?s s see. If it does, I still have the option to install the Netflix app as stated on this posts. But I think Beelink paid it?s due to google and Netflix for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Antoyax View Post
                      Guys save yourselves the hassle and buy the Beelink GT1. Almost the same specs but it supports Netflix 4K/FHD out of the box. Netflix is just a deal breaker for me I don?t know about you guys. Draw back is it?s just a little pricier than the KM3. Tell me guys if I?m wrong but certainly Beelink GT1 is a little better for me.
                      I don't think that device is certified, if Chromecast built-in is not included or doesn't work and Google Play Movies displays an error message in every video then it's not a real Google certified device and we should avoid it... could you please verify what I'm saying?

Comment

My bad it?s the GT1-A im talking about and it?s S912 variant not the S905x2. For reference this is the review for it https://youtu.be/PAvFq5855-M. Probably most of you guys have seen it but try to check it out if not.

Comment

Originally posted by Antoyax View Post
                          My bad it?s the GT1-A im talking about and it?s S912 variant not the S905x2. For reference this is the review for it https://youtu.be/PAvFq5855-M. Probably most of you guys have seen it but try to check it out if not.
                          Some guy has created a website where all the Android TV devices certified by Google appear, I still don't see the device you mention, so if it never appears there, you'll know the reason why... here's the link:

Real certified Android TV devices always feature Chromecast built-in support, ALWAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by delacosta78 View Post

Some guy has created a website where all the Android TV devices certified by Google appear, I still don't see the device you mention, so if it never appears there, you'll know the reason why... here's the link:

https://www.androidtv-guide.com/streaming-gaming
                            Thanks for the info buddy. I?m looking at the two S905X2 Mecool KM3 and Beelink GT1. Both pretty powerful boxes.

Comment

Zahir bro, Thanks for the tip on enabling "Awake" in Developer options. The device hasn't slept and slipped into coma in the whole day today. Fingers crossed.

Though, Netflix is acting up. I keep seeing the message "Your account is not supported on this device". And keeps logging me out.
                              I wonder what's up with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X