Dr.Chads Mecool KM3 port to the Mecool KM9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uscool View Post
    Hi, i flashed this but cant get past the Remote control screen, my KM9 came with the basic none voice remote I tried other remotes also tried the KM8 remote which looks the same but doesnt work other then the volume and power buttons working

anyway to get past the remote control screen ?

Thanks
    Your KM8 remote should work. Turn on your cellular Bluetooth setting just to verify that your KM9 has the Bluetooth enabled. If necessary, I can reset my KM9 and use my KM8 remote to set it up, or I can just pair my KM8 remote to my KM9 running this KM3 mod............. Let me know, what you want me to check.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
      So would it be safe to say just buy the KM3 if budget permits?
      From using this KM3 firmware, I would say yes, as it can be purchased for $59.99 USD.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Your KM8 remote should work. Turn on your cellular Bluetooth setting just to verify that your KM9 has the Bluetooth enabled.
        Hi, I cant get into the box , after flashing this ROM with USB Burning ROM the first screen is to sync remote which i cannot do so cant go any further it came with the basic remote not the voice, when I try to use the KM8 remote it doesnt do anything when pressing the buttons following instructions , other then volume / power buttons work
        one Click image for larger version  Name:	image_37299.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	770645

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_37286.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	770644

Comment

Hi, I cant get into the box , after flashing this ROM with USB Burning ROM the first screen is to sync remote which i cannot do so cant go any further it came with the basic remote not the voice, when I try to use the KM8 remote it doesnt do anything when pressing the buttons following instructions , other then volume / power buttons work
          one Click image for larger version Name:	image_37299.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	770645

Click image for larger version Name:	image_37286.jpg Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	770644
          I guess I misspoke, I thought all the KM8 boxes had the Bluetooth Voice remote. That IR remote, as you know, will not work. You can try to get it to work, by using the Android app on your cellular phone, IF you have an Android phone. I have not tried it, but others have said it works to get past that setup screen.

Comment

Perhaps, Magendanz can create one. Are you sure you are using the USB 2 port on your box and NOT the USB 3 port?? Also, I always use a powered USB HUB to connect my box to. Try plugging in the power to your box first, then depress the reset button inside the A/V hole and hold it for about 10 seconds as you plug in your male to male USB cable into the black USB port on your box. Listen for the beep from your computer if your box connects to your computer.

Thx for reply. I tried that already, but it doesent help
            I made boot card with Burn card maker, but I can't install this fw (installation start and just stop and back me in recovery menu). Do I need to check Yes "Erase bootloader" in this case?
            Last edited by kolinsb; 04-29-2019, 15:56.

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post

Thx for reply. I tried that already, but it doesent help
              I made boot card with Burn card maker, but I can't install this fw (installation start and just stop and back me in recovery menu). Do I need to check Yes "Erase bootloader" in this case?
              Sorry, but I am out of ideas...... selecting "Erase Bootloader" should not hurt your box, if you want to try that.

Comment

I guess I misspoke, I thought all the KM8 boxes had the Bluetooth Voice remote. That IR remote, as you know, will not work. You can try to get it to work, by using the Android app on your cellular phone, IF you have an Android phone. I have not tried it, but others have said it works to get past that setup screen.
                Thanks tried Andriod Remote app it pairs with box but pressing OK and Volume down doesnt do anything although volume up and down works and power button works same issue when use KM8 remote

Comment

Thanks tried Andriod Remote app it pairs with box but pressing OK and Volume down doesnt do anything although volume up and down works and power button works same issue when use KM8 remote
                  Time to purchase a remote that will work with your device running an ATV version of Android..........

Comment

Time to purchase a remote that will work with your device running an ATV version of Android..........
                    I will do a reset on my box and see how I can get out of that screen without using my included Bluetooth remote.

Edit: I just did a reset and came to the Bluetooth pairing screen, and YOU are correct, the app on my cell phone did NOT work. I tested a remote with a RF dongle, and it did NOT work either. So, apparently, you have to use a Bluetooth remote.

Edit 2: This remote ** should ** work..... >> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEOR...3bc44c4dlpWz5i

Comment

On my custom ROMs I bypass this screen so that users with the old IR remote aren't blocked. I might be able to do that here, but right now I can only make changes to the system partition because the boot, recovery and vendor partitions are protected by Android Verified Boot. Until we figure out what key they're using for that, I'm locked out of those partitions.
                      Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2019, 00:36.

Comment

I will do a reset on my box and see how I can get out of that screen without using my included Bluetooth remote.

Edit: I just did a reset and came to the Bluetooth pairing screen, and YOU are correct, the app on my cell phone did NOT work. I tested a remote with a RF dongle, and it did NOT work either. So, apparently, you have to use a Bluetooth remote.

Edit 2: This remote ** should ** work..... >> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEOR...3bc44c4dlpWz5i
                        Hi, thanks for checking yeah it still might not work doesnt say its for KM9 , because the KM8 remote looks exactly the same and doesnt work this one says its for KM9
                        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remo...AbTest=ae803_3

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          On my custom ROMs I bypass screen so that users with the old IR remote aren't blocked. I might be able to do that here, but right now I can only make changes to the system partition because the boot, recovery and vendor partitions are protected by Android Verified Boot. Until we figure out what key they're using for that, I'm locked out of those partitions.
                          Hi, that would be great if you could but no pressure to do it I can always buy the KM9 voice remote or just flash the older custom ATV Rom you released

Thanks

Comment

Hi, thanks for checking yeah it still might not work doesnt say its for KM9 , because the KM8 remote looks exactly the same and doesnt work this one says its for KM9
                            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remo...AbTest=ae803_3
                            That remote will work.

Comment

Hi Magendanz i have the same problem. i was thinking Why not make a TWRP backup bypassing the setup , so we can install it from KM9 ,recovery then we add the google account later
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Because Android Verified Boot is preventing me from installing TWRP right now. (I've actually built an Android Pie version of TWRP for this box, but can't even test it.)

Gracias

Comment

Working...
                              X