No announcement yet.

Dr.Chads Mecool KM3 port to the Mecool KM9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarkss12 how are you? I haven't been following the forum in a while. My KM9 still keeps the original firmware (Android TV Oreo 8.1), since arriving here at the end of 2018 has not had any OTA updates. The annoying point I see in it is not being able to use the Netflix app for SmartTV (Netflix HD), I use the mobile version but it's not so visually cool. Will this KM3 firmware make my device have Netflix HD (L1 Permission)?

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
      clarkss12 how are you? I haven't been following the forum in a while. My KM9 still keeps the original firmware (Android TV Oreo 8.1), since arriving here at the end of 2018 has not had any OTA updates. The annoying point I see in it is not being able to use the Netflix app for SmartTV (Netflix HD), I use the mobile version but it's not so visually cool. Will this KM3 firmware make my device have Netflix HD (L1 Permission)?
      No.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Is this KM3 fw making wifi works better on KM9?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is auto frame rate and picture settings works with that ROM on KM9? Anyone tested?

Comment

Originally posted by srvngrc View Post
            Is auto frame rate and picture settings works with that ROM on KM9? Anyone tested?
            The rom is not rooted so the AFR won't work, but it plays video without the stuttering so you won't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Appdata View Post

The rom is not rooted so the AFR won't work, but it plays video without the stuttering so you won't need it.
              I have a noobie question. Why doesn't the AFR work without root? It's not an app, is it? It's baked into the system right?

Comment

Is this rom rooted? never mind just seen it.
                Last edited by MyVision; 09-24-2019, 05:11.

Comment

Not sure if this is the correct place for this , but I’m sure someone can fix it for me.
                  i wanted to share this - someone may want a rooted meoool km3 box

I would like to share this .( and it works) Get a working “ rooted” Mecool km3 – or Mecool km9 tv box Working MECOOL km9 ( rooted) ROM- I have this on my MECOOL km3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xqdB-gaPX8yRmAG7gZHbrMft5-Emdx-L/view?usp=drivesdk This is the TWRP for the above ROM https://drive.google.com/file/d/18OMZ2hmXNjEuziLkzfgebQFTekm_M_eb/view?usp=drivesdk And here is the directions to use TWRP to install Magisk https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/magisk-101-install-magisk-root-with-twrp-0179668/ Obviously you need the Amlogic USB Burning Tool 2.17 – get that and directions from the link below https://androidpctv.com/amlogic-usb-burning-tool-v2170/ Male to Male USB cable To explain a little- the Mecool ROM above is ( half rooted) if that is possible. What I mean is some root checker apps say “ yes” it’s rooted, and some say “ no”.—- But with this ROM you CAN download the above TWRP – and it works. —— Then you can use the TWRP to “ flash” Magisk, and now for sure you have a rooted Mecool km3 ( I’m guessing it will work on a MECOOL km9 box as well)

Comment

If someone knows of a way to share the ROM and TWRP in a better and faster way- please let me know - ( I’m using my “ Google Drive” here and I think the downloads will be slow

thanks

Rodger

Comment

Try renaming the bluetooth name of your phone to RemoterATV3 and connect to the set-top box from your phone via bluetooth.
                      The prefix will see the RemoterATV3 device and the configuration will go further. Android TV Remote control needs to be installed, you can configure it through a regular IR remote.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p_...S6UVXvssdh6tpS

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                          On my custom ROMs I bypass this screen so that users with the old IR remote aren't blocked. I might be able to do that here, but right now I can only make changes to the system partition because the boot, recovery and vendor partitions are protected by Android Verified Boot. Until we figure out what key they're using for that, I'm locked out of those partitions.
                          What files do I need to delete to bypass that screen?

Comment

Working...
                          X