• Show
Clear All

Yes..
    Casting Working Well
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks to Gearbest > MECOOL KM9 Pro Classic Google Certificated Voice Control Android TV Box 2/16 <

Don't forget 39.99 with GBCNKM9C01 coupon at Gearbest
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

So yo can Chromecast netflix and other up as for a Chromcast key at 1080P?
        THX
        Last edited by alessiopcasa; 06-28-2019, 11:39.

Comment

Now that you asked about Netflix it appears Netflix cannot cast to the device, at this stage
          I tested a couple of other streaming apps, local Internet TV all cast OK
          and Youtube of course

I also setup Google Home and it can see and use device
          SO most likely a Netflix thing at this stage, I dont cast a lot so still looking
          Last edited by trebor; 06-28-2019, 21:47.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            Now that you asked about Netflix it appears Netflix cannot cast to the device, at this stage
            and Youtube of course

SO most likely a Netflix thing at this stage, I dont cast a lot so still looking
            Thanks trebor, good to know. Thanks for testing! I have a feeling there will be a work around for Netflix. And who knows, maybe Netflix will come to their senses eventually for this certified box. And stop penalizing the paying customer.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
            and Youtube of course

Great test thx. Ordered it hoping I can use it to Cast Italian mediaset Infinity on it.
            Last question is prime video workinh in HD?

THX

Comment

Not sure 100% if it was HD but it looked good when i ran it here

Thanks to Gearbest > MECOOL KM9 Pro Classic Google Certificated Voice Control Android TV Box 2/16 <

Don't forget 39.99 with GBCNKM9C01 coupon at Gearbest
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I have an air mouse (model G20s) working with USB dongle but impossible to wake up the box with the USB Air mouse.
                It's possible to stand by the box with USB Air Mouse but impossible to wake it up.
                Is there a solution for this ?

Comment

Just bought this box a few weeks ago.
                  I have a Mecool m8s pro l in the basement that works well, so I decided to buy this for my bedroom.
                  I tried to install Cellcom TV that is a local streaming service. The app runs fine on my older Mecool box, but it causes the km9 to crash and restart.
                  Can anyone check if it is a problem with this model, or just with my box?

Thanks.

Comment

Dave-s you sure it is not a poorly coded app that is causing the Crash? Not all apps work great on Android 9.

Comment

As I said, it is running on Mecool m8s pro l. The company that supplies this IPTV service also supply the Xiaomi mi box to run the app on, and many users in my country use it on that box without a problem.
                      I do not think the problem is with the app.

I have also noticed that the audio quality on my BT headphones is not great when connected to the KM9 pro.
                      On other boxes the quality is just fine.

Comment

Can anyone with the KM9 pro check bluetooth headphones connection?

The audio on my headphones is very choppy. I don't have any problems with these headphones on other streamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-s View Post
                          As I said, it is running on Mecool m8s pro l. The company that supplies this IPTV service also supply the Xiaomi mi box to run the app on, and many users in my country use it on that box without a problem.
                          I do not think the problem is with the app.
                          Both the Mecool M8S Pro L and Xiaomi MiBox both Don't have Android 9 Pie, so you can't reference them as reliable sources as too how the app should work, if the App's coding is not updated to function with Google's latest API then it can cause problems with apps. In most cases the badly coded or outdated app won't even open in Android 9 unless it is updated to the current Apk guidelines set by Google for Pie. So just to be safe go to your IPTV forum and make sure others are using the App on Pie tv boxes or Pie mobile/tablets.

Comment

I just purchased a KM9PRO Deluxe running AndroidTV OS and Android 9.0.
                            when I connect to my IPVanish it disconnects the ethernet and switches the WiFi to the 2.5ghz channel. I'm not sure why tnis is happening as IPVanish works fine on my Tanix TX3. The only way to get it working is to connect the VPN and then go to Network Settings, click on the Proxy and set it to None. This has to be done every time I use the KM9PRO. If I update the AndroidTV OS I can't use the VPN at all.

Comment

Originally posted by alessiopcasa View Post
                              So yo can Chromecast netflix and other up as for a Chromcast key at 1080P?
                              THX
                              You can only cast Netflix to a Netflix-certified device. Even if it's Google-certified, it needs Netflix blessing, which is not the case with the Mecool boxes.

​​​Even Apple TV lost Netflix AirPlay support due to the protocol been available through other brands devices, like Samsung TVs, until Apple offers a way to Netflix to verify if each device is certified by themselves, just like they can do with Google Cast/Android TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X