MECOOL KM9 Pro Classic Google Certificated Voice Control Android TV Box 2/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

Am looking for a spare box for upper living hall with limited budget but across TV os. It'll be connected via LAN cable hence wifi not a concern

Is this box currently able to play Netflix HD using the Crack apk available as per KM3 THREAD especially the ones suggested by Bro Zahir

​​​​​​​TiA

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
      Hi guys

Am looking for a spare box for upper living hall with limited budget but across TV os. It'll be connected via LAN cable hence wifi not a concern

Is this box currently able to play Netflix HD using the Crack apk available as per KM3 THREAD especially the ones suggested by Bro Zahir

​​​​​​​TiA
      I recommend you the Ematic Jetstream available only at Walmart, please avoid this Mecool devices because they are crap not only at the Wi-Fi department but also in other aspects of the firmware that needs to be polished but Videostrong seems to have a very very bad quality assurance department or developers team.

Jetstream available here: Ematic Jetstream

Comment

At around $70 from Walmart, the Ematic Jetstream (AGT418) is a good value in Android TV boxes. The authentic ATV field is not very crowded, and is dominated by the Nvidia Shield, but as a second box upstairs, the Jetstream is a capable and cost-effective alternative. It is genuinely certified for Netflix and Amazon Video, with both Widevine L1 and Playready drm supported. It has wireless ac and LAN connections, and comes with a decent bluetooth remote. Build quality is solid. The box does all it claims competently and without fuss or any need for fixes to access major streaming services.

Note: the box is based on the venerable s905x chip, which is showing signs of age. While things work fine, operations are not as crisp or quick as with s905x2 devices such as the KM3. It can feel a bit uninspired. The bootloader is locked down for drm purposes, so no tinkering here. And it has received no OS updates since it was released, and may no longer figure in Ematic's roll-out plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
          And it has received no OS updates since it was released, and may no longer figure in Ematic's roll-out plans.
          Yes, that's true, but I haven't heard any major issues or trouble with Wi-Fi or other aspects like the Mi Box or Mi Box S (another recommended devices after the Jetstream) that's why I prefer the Jetstream even if I haven't test it out myself, but comparing the KM9 Pro Classic with the Jetstream, I would switch it without thinking twice.

Comment

Originally posted by alessiopcasa View Post

My issue is with the Passthrough that is not stable and from time to time stop sending audio for a couple of seconds
            I had the opportunity to test this issue and indeed it's there and it's annoying, I noticed it with Emby and other apps, looks like the problem is the Pie firmware, that's why I'm done with Mecool devices, they are not and never will be polished and Videostrong doesn't seem to take care of this problem for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
              At around $70 from Walmart, the Ematic Jetstream (AGT418) is a good value in Android TV boxes....

Note: the box is based on the venerable s905x chip, which is showing signs of age. While things work fine, operations are not as crisp or quick as with s905x2 devices such as the KM3. It can feel a bit uninspired. The bootloader is locked down for drm purposes, so no tinkering here. And it has received no OS updates since it was released, and may no longer figure in Ematic's roll-out plans.
              Interestingly, the Jestream 4K is now being sold in Europe as the Engel EN1015K - running certified Android TV 9.0 Pie:
              ​​​​​​https://androidpctv.com/review-jetstream-4k-opinion/

Maybe there is an update for the USA - Jetstreams coming ?

Comment

wrxtasy - interesting! Hopefully, some of that Pie will make its way across the pond.

Comment

The language suddenly changed to Chinese and even after pressing English many times it defaults back
                  any ideas
                  Thaks

Comment

Originally posted by normy62 View Post
                    The language suddenly changed to Chinese and even after pressing English many times it defaults back
                    any ideas
                    Thaks
                    If you turned HDMI CEC ON, you must turn the last option OFF, go to advanced settings -> HDMI CEC -> and turn OFF "auto change language", then try to guess English at the language selection in settings.

Comment

Originally posted by delacosta78 View Post

If you turned HDMI CEC ON, you must turn the last option OFF, go to advanced settings -> HDMI CEC -> and turn OFF "auto change language", then try to guess English at the language selection in settings.
                      THANK YOU SO MUCH

Comment

Hi guys, i've got this box, everything is (semi) fine. My problem is the assistant doesn't work? i press the button and it states via text to say something like 'play youtube' etc the trouble is, is it doesn't listen? i.e there's no visible assistant dots moving to my voice and the assistant just goes off again? i try this with just one press and also with holding the button down whilst trying to talk..no dice? i seem to vaguely remember somebody on youtube saying they had the same problem..Has anybody here had this or knows a fix?? any help would be most appreciated. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post
                          Terriible WIFI not sure its just my box or its common , reminds me of the KM8
                          MeToo

Comment

Originally posted by seedaripper1973 View Post
                            Hi guys, i've got this box, everything is (semi) fine. My problem is the assistant doesn't work? i press the button and it states via text to say something like 'play youtube' etc the trouble is, is it doesn't listen? i.e there's no visible assistant dots moving to my voice and the assistant just goes off again? i try this with just one press and also with holding the button down whilst trying to talk..no dice? i seem to vaguely remember somebody on youtube saying they had the same problem..Has anybody here had this or knows a fix?? any help would be most appreciated. TIA.
                            Don't plug in other remote, just use the original remote only

Comment

Hi bryanhk
                              I am using the original remote?

Comment

seedaripper1973 I had this issue also which was caused by the use of a third party remote, an MX3 at the time. Took me a while to work it out.

Things to try are re-pairing the OG remote via Bluetooth...also if you have any peripherals attached via USB, remove them and try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X