Mecool KM9 Pro Poor Wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool KM9 Pro Poor Wifi

Hi, just received the Mecool KM9 Pro 2gb/16gb model which only comes with 2.4ghz Wifi , and disappointed with the WIFI just like the Mecool KM8 WIFI its very Poor the router is in same room just on other side so no issue with distance thought wouldnt have same issue is it hardware issue how the Antenna is soldered to the board ?

Even tried changing the Wireless channels and its the same , even old cheap Andriod boxes have get better speeds on 2.4ghz , old Mecool M8s Pro i get around 44mb -50mb , X96 Max on 2.4ghz 60mb

other then WIFI it runs well even chromecast works and comes with ATV 9

Have attached pictures only thing i can think off maybe the how the Antenna is soldered on the board is issue if anyone can help that would be great

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190608_163053.jpg Views:	7 Size:	132.5 KB ID:	775190Click image for larger version  Name:	20190608_163149.jpg Views:	7 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	775191
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190608_163021.jpg Views:	7 Size:	115.9 KB ID:	775192

Hi.

Did you manage to improve the wifi speed?

I have the same box since 2 weeks and have the same problem. The box is not far from the router and in the android WiFi settings it says it has a good/excellent signal.
    Nevertheless my speeds are really low with 4 MBps download and 11 MBps upload. ( I find it strange that it gets more download than upload....)

The box is not usable like this.
    I contacted the online shop and I am waiting for a solution.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comment

Hi, never resolved it , gave up on it

Comment

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.
        I didn't got a solution from the shop and still have the issue.

It's a shame because other than the wifi the box seems to work really well.
        I think I will buy a powerline adapter and use the box connected to the Ethernet cable.

Grtz

Comment

Working...
        X