Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which s905x2 device should i buy

mainly i want to use kodi on it but dont know which one to buy
    pure android experience or android tv (mecool km3)
    only differences i noticed are some are with optical audio port some without
    which one has the best support for firmware
    devices that got me interested are

1. X96Max
    2. T95Q
    3. MECOOL KM3
    4. Magicsee N5 Max
    5. H96
    6. tanix TX5
    7. Beelink GT1 mini

Think beelink gt1 mini would be good due to Google certification

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
      Think beelink gt1 mini would be good due to Google certification
      what does that mean in reality
      all of the devices have the google services / playstore apps

but it doesnt have SPDIF audio output which is a important thing

Comment

X96 Max have Optical digital out but after short use was broken ( use him with HDMI extractor ) , many users have same problem + faulty HDMI
        So last on the list should be that garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Maki_SM View Post
          X96 Max have Optical digital out but after short use was broken ( use him with HDMI extractor ) , many users have same problem + faulty HDMI
          So last on the list should be that garbage
          so far i have narowed the list to the devices with SPDIF output

1. X96Max
          2. T95Q ( can the LED be disabled? if no probably i will remove this one from the list too)
          3. Magicsee N5 Max
          4. tanix TX5

also i want to ask about the ram does all of them use LPDDR4 ? is it better than ddr4 ?

Comment

i wanted to order the tanix TX5 because it has hdmi protection and external wifi antenna compared top the x96max but looks like it is out of stock
            so i will get probably the x96max
            Last edited by mite_jan; 07-04-2019, 18:58.

Comment

good luck mate , box is very snappy and fast compared to s905w and S905X but faulty optical out and hdmi problems make him very dangerous to buy , i hope you will get some new batch

Comment

good luck mate , box is very snappy and fast compared to s905w and S905X but faulty optical out and hdmi problems make him very dangerous to buy , i hope you will get some new batch
                funny thing is that some sellers state that the ram is ddr3 and some say it is ddr4
                maybe a difference in batches
                i have tried to order from a seller that states it has ddr4 ram but we will see

also SkyStream 3 Plus is basically a x96max device just rebranded but there should be good firmware support from it

how about KODI do i need a special fork for the amlogic or ?

Comment

Yup , personally i use FTMC 16.7 ( you can find here on the forum ) for personal media database
                  I run for fun Kodi beta 19 with some addons , not smooth like FTMC but run nice on to Xannytech ATV v4 version
                  Libreelec beta for S905x2 already run very nice , optical audio and auto switch res. work perfect just missing x265 support

Comment

Originally posted by mite_jan View Post
                    so far i have narowed the list to the devices with SPDIF output
                    1. X96Max
                    2. T95Q ( can the LED be disabled? if no probably i will remove this one from the list too)
                    3. Magicsee N5 Max
                    4. tanix TX5
                    also i want to ask about the ram does all of them use LPDDR4 ? is it better than ddr4 ?
                    If you can wait 2 more months before buying a tv box, the new Amlogic S905x3 chip devices are suppose to start going on sale end of July or in August.

From your list of 4 there, the X96Max has the most support for custom ROMs. Try Geekbuying.com if you want the Tanix TX5-Max it is a good box and Tanix had been releasing OTA every 2 months for it. The T95Q and N5_Max could be good boxes with some tweaking, but that is more so for an advanced user to play with.

LPDDR is LowPower_DDR4, if this where a PC i would say standard DDR4 is best. But for a TV box you just want a good quality Ram, and hopefully the manufacturer uses Elpida, Micron, or Samsung ram chips. Can usually see the ram chips markings in Trebor's review teardowns of devices here on the forum.

Comment

Yup , personally i use FTMC 16.7 ( you can find here on the forum ) for personal media database
                      I run for fun Kodi beta 19 with some addons , not smooth like FTMC but run nice on to Xannytech ATV v4 version
                      Libreelec beta for S905x2 already run very nice , optical audio and auto switch res. work perfect just missing x265 support
                      glad to hear can you give me link for the latest app

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

If you can wait 2 more months before buying a tv box, the new Amlogic S905x3 chip devices are suppose to start going on sale end of July or in August.

From your list of 4 there, the X96Max has the most support for custom ROMs. Try Geekbuying.com if you want the Tanix TX5-Max it is a good box and Tanix had been releasing OTA every 2 months for it. The T95Q and N5_Max could be good boxes with some tweaking, but that is more so for an advanced user to play with.

LPDDR is LowPower_DDR4, if this where a PC i would say standard DDR4 is best. But for a TV box you just want a good quality Ram, and hopefully the manufacturer uses Elpida, Micron, or Samsung ram chips. Can usually see the ram chips markings in Trebor's review teardowns of devices here on the forum.
                        cant wait i want to prepare the box for a present and who knows how long for it will take for libreelec support
                        i didnt bought the T95Q because of the annoying led that cant be turned off and the magicsee well not many people own it

Comment

Hi guys, I've been keeping an eye on all the boxes coming out with S905x2 Soc.

from what I can tell the CPU and GPU are working nicely (personal opinion)

The only box I would advise for now is the Beelink GT Mini A as the games stutter and CPU-Z says its a Xiaomi device, not Beelink (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt6bhOYTp1k)

I've got the Mecool KM9 Pro been using for about a month, so far it not given me any issue other than the remote not having air mouse option.
                          I'm looking forward to seeing what custom ROM is made for it but in no rush to mess with it.

Before I brought this I was heading for the Sunvell T95Q as it would have been a natural upgrade to my T95Z

but don't take my word for it check out Chigztech and his reviews, and this chart for the latest boxes - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IKI/edit#gid=0

I'm running the Shield TV in lounge and KM9 Pro in the bedroom. this post is not sponsored just my own advice on how I make up my mind on which box to by next.

Comment

Originally posted by CcX85 View Post
                            Hi guys, I've been keeping an eye on all the boxes coming out with S905x2 Soc.

from what I can tell the CPU and GPU are working nicely (personal opinion)

The only box I would advise for now is the Beelink GT Mini A as the games stutter and CPU-Z says its a Xiaomi device, not Beelink (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt6bhOYTp1k)

I've got the Mecool KM9 Pro been using for about a month, so far it not given me any issue other than the remote not having air mouse option.
                            I'm looking forward to seeing what custom ROM is made for it but in no rush to mess with it.

Before I brought this I was heading for the Sunvell T95Q as it would have been a natural upgrade to my T95Z

but don't take my word for it check out Chigztech and his reviews, and this chart for the latest boxes - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...IKI/edit#gid=0

I'm running the Shield TV in lounge and KM9 Pro in the bedroom. this post is not sponsored just my own advice on how I make up my mind on which box to by next.
                            each to his own needs
                            the xiaomi thing is just spoofed , you can spoof it like a samsung device if you want for more compatibility with the apps
                            for me deciding factor was the SPDIF output which beelink doesnt have it not the km9 pro also
                            read my thoughts about the t95q device and the led

Comment

Originally posted by mite_jan View Post
                              mainly i want to use kodi on it but dont know which one to buy
                              pure android experience or android tv (mecool km3)
                              only differences i noticed are some are with optical audio port some without
                              which one has the best support for firmware
                              devices that got me interested are

1. X96Max
                              2. T95Q
                              3. MECOOL KM3
                              4. Magicsee N5 Max
                              5. H96
                              6. tanix TX5
                              7. Beelink GT1 mini
                              X96 Max seems like cheapest and still have the same performance. However, users have reported optical out issue and HDMI burn issue.
                              Personally, mine is working good so i dont have any complaints. its a 2/16 box and i have not felt any need for extra ram.

Comment

Working...
                              X