Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I think my new KM9 Pro Deluxe is in a boot loop

Hi,

I just received my Mecool KM9 Pro Deluxe from Aliexpress. I installed a few live tv and video on demand apps and Puffin. It worked great for one day. The next day, it never booted. All I get is the blue light that blinks every 5 seconds. I have tried to reset it by pressing in the AV jack but it didn't work. I thought maybe I could re-install the stock firmware but USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.0 does not recognize my device. Win 10 does not recognize it either. I installed USB Burning Tool with my device attached and I also allowed the unsigned drivers in Win 10 but nothing. Is the only way to get it out of boot loop to short circuit the Nand pins? How do I open the box? I don't see any screws? Which pins do I touch together? Please help. Thanks.

olobay

This is what it shows in Device Manager.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KM9 Pro Deluxe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	793613

Comment

There has been some progress. USB burning tool connected with my KM9 Pro. I had to use the USB ports in the back of my computer and not the one in front. So I downloaded the IMG file (KM9_ATV_9_S905X2_29.03.2019). USB burning tool begins the flash process but it stops at 3% with error message romcode/switch status/identify/error result. I try it again and it doesn't even start with a different error message this time: erase bootloader/lowper/identify/error result. I have Googled and it says to try the temperature range setting and to try a different USB port but none of it gets me past 3%. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	793745

Comment

Originally posted by olobay View Post
        ...I try it again and it doesn't even start with a different error message this time: erase bootloader/lowper/identify/error result...
        When you connect USB cable, at the same time also connect power cord in the box...

Comment

Thanks for replying Guest. I have tried with and without the power cord and I have tried all my USB 2.0 ports but I always get the following erorr: romcode/switch status/identify/error result.

Name:	error1.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	793769

Comment

Have you tried the option "Erase All" at the "Erase Flash" ?

Also try when it stops at 3% to just pull the cord/usb cable and reconect it, without doing anything else (sometimes it continues the flash).
            Last edited by ath156; 12-30-2019, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
              Have you tried the option "Erase All" at the "Erase Flash" ?

Also try when it stops at 3% to just pull the cord/usb cable and reconect it, without doing anything else (sometimes it continues the flash).
              Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried normal erase and erase all but it always stops at 3% with the same error. I have tried on 2 computers, a desktop with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 8.1. I tried pulling the power cord at 3% and replugging it but no success. I will try with the usb cable.

I tried with removing and replugging the USB cable but it always stops at 3% with romcode/switch status/identify/error result.
              Last edited by olobay; 12-31-2019, 00:44.

Comment

So I created a microSD card using Burn Card Maker and it was successful but when I put it in my KM9 Pro Deluxe and plug in the power cable, nothing happens. The blue light just blinks every 5 seconds or so and nothing appears on my tv. I have tried holding the reset button before plugging in the power but with the same result. Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried normal erase and erase all but it always stops at 3% with the same error. I have tried on 2 computers, a desktop with Windows 10 and a laptop with Windows 8.1. I tried pulling the power cord at 3% and replugging it but no success. I will try with the usb cable.

I tried with removing and replugging the USB cable but it always stops at 3% with romcode/switch status/identify/error result.
                  Some more things you may try:

- When I said unplug/replug I meant only the USB cable (not the power cord). Just unplug the USB cable for 1-2 seconds and replug it. Try this one time with the power cord connected and once without the power cord at all (only with the power from the USB port). In the second case if you get a "Low power" error message maybe you can consider to use another USB to USB cable. You can easily make one by yourself by destroying/cutting 2 unused USB cables (almost everybody has such unused cables from old phones etc) and connecting the wires (same color to same color). Just make it short (lets say about 10-15cm). By the way how long is the USB cable you already used?.
                  - Use Another USB port of your Box.
                  - Are you sure you have the right rom? Sometimes same boxes have different components (e.g ddr3 or ddr4) and they need different roms.

Comment

Thanks for the reply ath156. My cable is about 3 feet long.I tried unplugging the USB cable but it didn't work. My box only has one USB 2.0 port. The other port is 3.0. I will try making a cable and see if that helps.

For the ROM, I tried 4 different ones. I don't know the stock ROM but they all stop at 3% but now I get a different error code: romcode BI2 boot stage error. I Googled it and searched this forum but haven't found anything specific for that error.

Comment

I decided to open my box. Here are some pics. How does the Nand short work? Should I plug in my box via HDMI to a screen or via USB to a computer with USB burning tool? What is the procedure?

Name:	20191231_105804.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	793879

Name:	20191231_110036.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	793880

Name:	20191231_110023.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	793881

Comment

Try the link ___ps://forum.freaktab.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/637675-nand-chip-mask-rom-mode-short-location/page32 (replace ___ with htt as my previous post was marked as potential spam due to the link).

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                          Try the link ___ps://forum.freaktab.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/637675-nand-chip-mask-rom-mode-short-location/page32 (replace ___ with htt as my previous post was marked as potential spam due to the link).
                          Do I load up USB Burning Tool, connect my box via usb, plug in the power cable and start touching the pins? Is that the procedure? Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Do I load up USB Burning Tool, connect my box via usb, plug in the power cable and start touching the pins? Is that the procedure? Thanks for all your help.
                            No. Usually you don't need the power cord.
                            - Start USB burning tool. Load your rom and select whatever you want ("Erase All" etc). Press "Start".
                            - Your box must be without anything attached except the USB cable (NO power cord).
                            - Short the pins you think are correct.
                            - Now connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer (keep shorting the pins for 1-2 seconds until you hear a noise - meaning recognised by PC - otherwise you have to try other pins).

Comment

3 feet !!!!! I think its too long (maybe thats why you had the Low Power error at the beginning). I am talking of a cable about 1/6 the length of the one you already have. Although this may not be the main reason for not having a successfull burn of the rom, I insist to make a new cable by yourself using 2 spare USB cables. Once you make the new cable please try exactly the following:
                              - Leave only the box (without anything connected to USB port, no power cord).
                              - Start USB burning tool - load your rom - check anything you need (for example "Erase All" etc) - Press "Start".
                              - Connect the USB cable you have made to the USB port of the Box (usually the 2.0 USB port) and the other end to your laptop or PC.
                              - If it stops at 3% just unplug one end of the cable and replug it after 2-3 seconds.

If this doesn't succeed I think you may need to find the correct rom for your Box (maybe from the serial number) . Finally you may need to open your box and do the "short pins" method (although I wouldn't do it now as your box is recognised by your computer).
                              Good luck and Happy New Year.
                              edit: I just saw that you already opened it

*************** This is my previous post which was marked as potential spam due to the link !!

Comment

• RISCy Dude
                                RISCy Dude commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Just the SPAM filter being a little overly sensitive. Takes a bit for us to see them and clear them sometimes.
                                I will delete your original posts as they're redundant now.
                            Working...
                            X