Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tx5 Pro S905x2 4/32gb version. Lost activation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tx5 Pro S905x2 4/32gb version. Lost activation.

Tx5 Pro box with s905x2 chipset lost activation after flashing stock rom with usb burning tool. When I go into the secret menu by pressing 758523, the field for MAC says NULL. Please help me fix this. This is the newer version of Tx5 Pro with the s905x2 chipset.

I've doing some searching around and looks like I need a license.zip file for this box which was supposedly uploaded on the 4pda russian forums and there are links to it on this forum as well, but looks like the file has expired, if someone has a copy of this file please send it to me or let me know where I can download it. This box is the same as the Tx5 Max the firmware is this: TX5MAX-tx5pro-20190603.img, for both I was getting some write errors when flashing the box using usb burning tool, and I chose the erase all option and after many tries it finished the write successfully, so please fellow forum members, if someone has the license.zip file for this model please let me know, thanks in advance, it would be a shame to trash this box, as it boots up fine and the only issue is the "this box is not activated, please contact your vendor" and it reboots every 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
      ...on the 4pda russian forums and there are links to it...

Comment

Those links work but it says the file has been moved or deleted, so there is no actual file to download. I'm very disappointed with Tanix, why do they do this? They are only hurting their loyal customers, I think this will be my last Tanix purchase, I actually liked their box, but these time bombs they put in their software are just not acceptable. They did this with the TX6 box as well, but there was a workaround to fix the issue by putting in a code generated, it's not the case with this box because the actual Mac gets erased. When you go into the secret menu by pressing 758523 on the remote the Mac field says NULL, so entering the generated code has no effect, the lock is still in place. There are instructions on 4pda for flashing the code using usb burning tool but now the files needed are nowhere to be had. Perfectly good box but unusable due to Tanix's stupidity. I've even sent an email to Tanix support but haven't heard back from them, if there is no solution for this issue, this will most likely be my last Tanix purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
          Those links work but it says the file has been moved or deleted...
          You have to be logged in... [How to...]

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
            You have to be logged in... [How to...]
            Thanks, I was able to register and login and download the license.zip yesterday, however, my luck the ideone site was down where you input the code to get the unique deviceid code using your particular mac for your box. Anyways after alot of searching on google I was able to find another online java compiler website that did the same thing, followed the instructions and the flash went well, plugged in the box and voila, the banner was gone, original mac from the bottom of the box was programmed back into the box, however the front clock display was lost, it wasn't working after the key flash, so I flashed the stock firmware again, without checking the erase bootloader box and choosing erase flash but "normal" option instead of the "erase all" option, the flashing completed fine without any issues. Plugged in the box and the clock is back working again, everything is fine, box is just like new. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
            X