• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by ephraimt View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

I am pre-caching the video files locally, so I don't think it has to do with the internet connection.

It gives the appearance that system resources are being used for other processes, which appears to be interrupting the playback.

Sometimes a video will freeze for a whole second before continuing.

Do you have recommendations for an Android box in the $50 - $100 range that has great video playback?

Thank you.
    X2 or X3 Cube from Ugoos.
    Or if you go over $100, the AM6 S922x.
    Or over $200, The Nvidia Shield.

Leave a comment:

• ephraimt
    replied
    Thanks for your replies.

I am pre-caching the video files locally, so I don't think it has to do with the internet connection.

It gives the appearance that system resources are being used for other processes, which appears to be interrupting the playback.

Sometimes a video will freeze for a whole second before continuing.

Do you have recommendations for an Android box in the $50 - $100 range that has great video playback?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    The X96 Max is one of the worst devices for video playback.
    Several users in the Kodi forum also complain about it.
    The device doesn't support auto frame-rate switching so videos will never play smoothly.
    There might also be problems with the power supply, faulty or not enough power as gefattern says that causes issues.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by ephraimt View Post
    On an X96 Max (4GB/64GB/Android8.1), video files are not playing smoothly.

I have tried them in my own custom Android app, in a WebView, in the Chrome browser, in VLC, in YouTube.

While the video is playing, I can see small hiccups/jerks in the image. Sometimes there are lots of these and sometimes just a few. Sometimes it jerks for several seconds in a row.

Are there any known ways to improve this?

Thank you.
    Hi ,

do you mean from a Harddrive or from online , it has for sure to do with bad Firmware , is your online Speed fast enough ??? , sometimes the Power is a little bit to low for smooth
    Video playback , more "mah" is needed for playing from Harddrive ,

good luck / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• ephraimt
    started a topic X96 Max video does not play smoothly

X96 Max video does not play smoothly

On an X96 Max (4GB/64GB/Android8.1), video files are not playing smoothly.

I have tried them in my own custom Android app, in a WebView, in the Chrome browser, in VLC, in YouTube.

While the video is playing, I can see small hiccups/jerks in the image. Sometimes there are lots of these and sometimes just a few. Sometimes it jerks for several seconds in a row.

Are there any known ways to improve this?

Thank you.
Working...
X