Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beccaslan
    replied
    You are using the wrong video player. For example, I bought my Macbook for my job. I am editing photos and videos, and when I was finishing my work in Sony Vegas, I was using the default video player to watch the video I had edited. From time to time, it was lagging, and also, the quality for considerably lower. This is why I have downloaded the VLC player from okaapps.com, and the majority of the issues disappeared, especially with the quality of the video. Maybe downloading the VLC player will also help you, and you will also start using it.
    Last edited by beccaslan; 09-23-2021, 09:16.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by ephraimt View Post
    Thanks for your replies.

I am pre-caching the video files locally, so I don't think it has to do with the internet connection.

It gives the appearance that system resources are being used for other processes, which appears to be interrupting the playback.

Sometimes a video will freeze for a whole second before continuing.

Do you have recommendations for an Android box in the $50 - $100 range that has great video playback?

Thank you.
    X2 or X3 Cube from Ugoos.
    Or if you go over $100, the AM6 S922x.
    Or over $200, The Nvidia Shield.

Leave a comment:

• ephraimt
    replied
    Thanks for your replies.

I am pre-caching the video files locally, so I don't think it has to do with the internet connection.

It gives the appearance that system resources are being used for other processes, which appears to be interrupting the playback.

Sometimes a video will freeze for a whole second before continuing.

Do you have recommendations for an Android box in the $50 - $100 range that has great video playback?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    The X96 Max is one of the worst devices for video playback.
    Several users in the Kodi forum also complain about it.
    The device doesn't support auto frame-rate switching so videos will never play smoothly.
    There might also be problems with the power supply, faulty or not enough power as gefattern says that causes issues.

Leave a comment:

• gefattern
    replied
    Originally posted by ephraimt View Post
    On an X96 Max (4GB/64GB/Android8.1), video files are not playing smoothly.

I have tried them in my own custom Android app, in a WebView, in the Chrome browser, in VLC, in YouTube.

While the video is playing, I can see small hiccups/jerks in the image. Sometimes there are lots of these and sometimes just a few. Sometimes it jerks for several seconds in a row.

Are there any known ways to improve this?

Thank you.
    Hi ,

do you mean from a Harddrive or from online , it has for sure to do with bad Firmware , is your online Speed fast enough ??? , sometimes the Power is a little bit to low for smooth
    Video playback , more "mah" is needed for playing from Harddrive ,

good luck / gefattern

Leave a comment:

• ephraimt
    started a topic X96 Max video does not play smoothly

X96 Max video does not play smoothly

On an X96 Max (4GB/64GB/Android8.1), video files are not playing smoothly.

I have tried them in my own custom Android app, in a WebView, in the Chrome browser, in VLC, in YouTube.

While the video is playing, I can see small hiccups/jerks in the image. Sometimes there are lots of these and sometimes just a few. Sometimes it jerks for several seconds in a row.

Are there any known ways to improve this?

Thank you.
Working...
X