Mame (Android) recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mame (Android) recommendations?

Dear guys, hope u doing well in this crazy times. Since I am locked down due to Corona I am looking for a well running MAME emulator which gives large compability, any suggestions? Thanks in advance, kind regards

Hmm... Just use kodi (it includdes a emulator ) or retroach
    Or use EMUelec or Lakka

if you need more advice.. see youtube : ETA prime

Cheers

Comment

I installed Emuelec as an addon to Coreelec.Both of them are at sd card and run very well.You can also dual boot your system (Android or Coreelec).
      In the tests I did everything functioned OK.
      ******https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/emu...-coreelec/3203

Comment

Thanks for replies!

any other solution except for kodi and corelec?

I am an regular Android...I could try retroarch!

Comment

I have tried Retroarch and found it ok but if you want a simple program that's not to heavy on device resources, easy to use and works very well try this:

Make sure you download and install the correct ROMS for this app which can be found online all over the place, it will only work with 0.139u1 ROMS After installing app, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/MAME4droid/roms folder.

Gamepad also works well with the app.

! installed it on the T95Q Android 9 version box and my other Nexbox A5 box

Comment

here is a howto retroach
            Guide to install and configure easily the RetroArch multi emulator. RetroArch have several emulators and is compatible with Android and Windows

this site also has howtos on emu-elec ect

cheers

PS.. how long is your lockdown?

Comment

Originally posted by ughammo View Post
              I have tried Retroarch and found it ok but if you want a simple program that's not to heavy on device resources, easy to use and works very well try this:

Make sure you download and install the correct ROMS for this app which can be found online all over the place, it will only work with 0.139u1 ROMS After installing app, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/MAME4droid/roms folder.

Gamepad also works well with the app.

! installed it on the T95Q Android 9 version box and my other Nexbox A5 box
              Thanks, Ill have a look for those 0.139u1 ROMS !!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                PS.. how long is your lockdown?
                ..still like 3-4 weeks in Germany

Comment

Did any of you guys try this: https://apkend.com/neo-emu-v-1-5-42-apk-paid/

neogeo.emu apk?

Needs MAME 0.144 romsets or higher, only ~0,7MB

Comment

To be honest I never tried those mame roms or when tried it failed...

Do the roms get updated after and after? Or what is this 0.139, 0.144..

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
                      Dear guys, hope u doing well in this crazy times. Since I am locked down due to Corona I am looking for a well running MAME emulator which gives large compability, any suggestions? Thanks in advance, kind regards
                      Same, dude! I've alredy tires of that shit.
                      So, thnx for topic, will do my meme to hahah

Comment

First, you can try with the RetroArch emulator I played with this one on my phone but after a while, I deleted and instaled the Tiger Arcade. You can check more for android MAME emulators and you can see which one is most used and downloaded. I suggest Tiger Arcade, and in the meantime you found something better let me know so I can try it.

Comment

Working...
                        X