Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix 4K certified MECOOL KM2 S905X2-B TV Box runs Android TV 10 Source :CNXSoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix 4K certified MECOOL KM2 S905X2-B TV Box runs Android TV 10 Source :CNXSoft

Netflix 4K certified MECOOL KM2 S905X2-B TV Box runs Android TV 10

There are plenty of Amlogic TV boxes around, but unless you buy from the big players, most devices won’t support Netflix FullHD/4K because certification is hard to get for smaller companies.

The Hailstorm device scaling program launched in 2018 aimed to make the process easier on Amlogic and Hisilicon processors, and HiMedia S1 TV dongle was one of the first to get approved. But now MECOOL KM2 joins the rank of Netflix 4K certified devices. The TV box is powered by an Amlogic S905X2-B processor running Android TV 10, also known as Android TV on Android 10.

MECOOL KM2 specifications:
    • SoC – Amlogic S905X2-B quad-core Cortex-A53 processor
    • System Memory – 2GB DDR4
    • Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot
    • Video
      • Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4Kp60 with HDCP 2.3, HDMI-CEC support
      • Codecs – H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8 & VP9
      • HDR – HDR10+, HDR & HLG
      • DRMWidevine L1, Playready 3000
    • Audio
      • Optical S/PDIF, digital audio via HDMI;
      • Codec – AAC & HE-AAC; Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital Plus & MS12; Dolby Atmos Passthrough
    • Networking – Ethernet, Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 2R2T & Bluetooth 4.2/5.0 via Realtek RTL8822CS
    • USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type A port, 1x USB 2.0 Type A port
    • Misc- Power button
    • Power Supply – 12V/1A via DC jack
    • Dimensions – TBD
    • Certifications
      • Google ATV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video
      • MS12 including DD & DD+/HDMI 2.1 (with CEC)/HDCP 2.3, CE/FCC, RoHs, PoPs, REACH

Besides Netflix 4K, the TV box supports Chromecast, Google Assistant, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube 4K, and firmware can be upgraded through OTA or USB firmware upgrade. MECOOL also says that Disney+ and other apps can be installed during FTI via PAI. When asked what that means I was told “apps could be suggested to be selected to install recording to user location” together with the screenshot below.

I still have no idea what FTI and PAI mean, but at least we know that some apps can be installed through Google Play…

The TV box will ship with a Bluetooth & Infrared remote control coming with Netflix & Amazon buttons, and the company informed us pre-orders will open later this month, and shipping is scheduled for April 15th. So it’s a retail device and not another Android TV device for operators.

Source:
    MECOOL KM2 is an Amlogic S905X2-B TV box running Android TV on Android 10, and certified for Netflix 4K media streaming. Price is around $60.

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Now, that is what I am talking about...........
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thought you would like this one

I cannot find this device in AliExpress

Update:

I see why as available on 15th, April 2021

MECOOL KM2 is a new Netflix and Google Certified Android TV 4K streaming device with the new Google reference design remote control. This is also the

MECOOL KM2 is an Andriod TV 10 powered media player with the new Google reference design remote control. Except for the old features of MECOOL Android TV box which including Google official Android TV 10 OS, built-in Chromecast, Google Assistant supported, 4k HDR, Prime Video, Youtube 4K, etc. MECOOL KM2 has built-in

Comment

One of the negatives: Ethernet 10/100

Comment

Found a bit of a Spec update....905x2-J
        Could this be the Mi Box killer,
        Appears to have much the same, time will tell.

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Unpacking a TV box Mecool KM2. Complete disassembly of the TV box. Testing the power of the power supply unit with an electronic load and measuring the processor temperature with a pyrometer.

Attached Files
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by zzz111; 05-18-2021, 23:35.

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            Please one post only needed not 4
            English would be preferred
            Thank You

This is a longshot, but anyone tried extracting the Netflix apk from this box and installing in a non-certified box? Or could share the apk so I can play around with it on my KM1.

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post
            This is a longshot, but anyone tried extracting the Netflix apk from this box and installing in a non-certified box? Or could share the apk so I can play around with it on my KM1.
            i do not think you can do it, maybe worked for some time, but soon, netflix can find it, your apk can no longer working

Comment

Is there any way to convert the Android TV ROM to regular TV box ROM for KM2. I hate not having the air mouse full support.
              I am too much dependent on using the air mouse and regret buying this as my first ever Pure Android TV ROM box.
              Is there a launcher app that can convert the Interface to a plain vanilla TV Box without compromising the Netflix & Google certifications.
              Overall Mecool is a great TV Box just need to find a way to get the full mouse support on it to make it even better.
              Any pros out here have any tips for me? Please help. Thanks.
              Last edited by resansid; 07-10-2021, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                Netflix 4K certified MECOOL KM2 S905X2-B TV Box runs Android TV 10

There are plenty of Amlogic TV boxes around, but unless you buy from the big players, most devices won’t support Netflix FullHD/4K because certification is hard to get for smaller companies.

The Hailstorm device scaling program launched in 2018 aimed to make the process easier on Amlogic and Hisilicon processors, and HiMedia S1 TV dongle was one of the first to get approved. But now MECOOL KM2 joins the rank of Netflix 4K certified devices. The TV box is powered by an Amlogic S905X2-B processor running Android TV 10, also known as Android TV on Android 10.

MECOOL KM2 specifications:
                • SoC – Amlogic S905X2-B quad-core Cortex-A53 processor
                • System Memory – 2GB DDR4
                • Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot
                • Video
                  • Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4Kp60 with HDCP 2.3, HDMI-CEC support
                  • Codecs – H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8 & VP9
                  • HDR – HDR10+, HDR & HLG
                  • DRMWidevine L1, Playready 3000
                • Audio
                  • Optical S/PDIF, digital audio via HDMI;
                  • Codec – AAC & HE-AAC; Dolby Digital & Dolby Digital Plus & MS12; Dolby Atmos Passthrough
                • Networking – Ethernet, Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 2R2T & Bluetooth 4.2/5.0 via Realtek RTL8822CS
                • USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type A port, 1x USB 2.0 Type A port
                • Misc- Power button
                • Power Supply – 12V/1A via DC jack
                • Dimensions – TBD
                • Certifications
                  • Google ATV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video
                  • MS12 including DD & DD+/HDMI 2.1 (with CEC)/HDCP 2.3, CE/FCC, RoHs, PoPs, REACH

Besides Netflix 4K, the TV box supports Chromecast, Google Assistant, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube 4K, and firmware can be upgraded through OTA or USB firmware upgrade. MECOOL also says that Disney+ and other apps can be installed during FTI via PAI. When asked what that means I was told “apps could be suggested to be selected to install recording to user location” together with the screenshot below.

I still have no idea what FTI and PAI mean, but at least we know that some apps can be installed through Google Play…

The TV box will ship with a Bluetooth & Infrared remote control coming with Netflix & Amazon buttons, and the company informed us pre-orders will open later this month, and shipping is scheduled for April 15th. So it’s a retail device and not another Android TV device for operators.

Source:
                MECOOL KM2 is an Amlogic S905X2-B TV box running Android TV on Android 10, and certified for Netflix 4K media streaming. Price is around $60.

HDR is always on, do you know if new firmware is available or if a patch will be deployed?

Comment

GeForce Now does not work on this device. It suffers from freezing with the official app, does anyone know a solution? Or an alternative app that runs fine on this device. I think the reason is ATV 10.Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know how to boot into recovery mode on this? Do i need to open it and push a button in there?

Comment

Is this a bluetooth or wi-fi remote? I own one and it disconnects some time. How do i reset the remote connection?

Comment

Working...
                      X