SS 3plus to Mecool K7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS 3plus to Mecool K7

I'll preface by saying I have purchased a better box coming in the next few days. I have a SS3 plus that I was totally frustrated with like so many who bought one and I saw that it's a x96 905x2 in disguise.
    I checked out all the roms and decided to install the XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV] rom. Installed no problem but I would rather not use ATV.
    I checked out other non-ATV roms and got Google play store errors 193 and 403 so I tried the Mecool K7 rom based. Installed no problem except the mouse didn't work but my keyboard did. I decided that's not what I wanted so I tried to flash back to any rom that is compatible with the x96.
    USB burning tool never sees my SS 3 and the other methods to flash are stopped by the Mecool because of signatures or some other specific reason.
    Let's hear from the crowd about this debacle.

Find the MaskRom pin location, aka Short-the-Pins, for the PCB to communicate with the USB burning tool.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Find the MaskRom pin location, aka Short-the-Pins, for the PCB to communicate with the USB burning tool.
      I tried that method along with a nearly stock SS3 img but the UBT quickly gave me all sorts of errors like most people experience. I received my new box today so if any other techniques seem worth my time to revive this box then I might try to save it as a spare.

Comment

Working...
      X