Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini OREO SCV3-ATV ( AndroidTV 8.1 - S905x2 )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rom boots up on my h96 max x2 but due to non availability of Wifi drivers, I cant move forward. But it does work and my mouse works too. All the roms seem to boot up fine, the ones which are ATV cant go forward from initial setup because of no wifi and the non atv roms boot fully but no wifi ethernet. If I unpack the rom and add wifi folder from vendor/etc of stock rom wil it work?

Comment

Please make OTA version to upgrade from SCV2 to SCV3 while saving the stuff... Thanks!

Comment

My reset/recovery button on X96 Max doesn't work. How to flash new ROM without it? Amlogic_s905x2_setup_v2.1.6.8 Burning Tool cannot detect my box at all. Also, I can't enter TWRP bcs my box is stuck on boot logo...

Comment

• superceleron
          superceleron commented
          Editing a comment
          hooo... the only way i cant think is punting the box in mask mode! check the forum if anyone else found the pins to short on the board!

Originally posted by megamuzzy View Post
        Please make OTA version to upgrade from SCV2 to SCV3 while saving the stuff... Thanks!
        Well i have a ota done... but it wont work ok until you factory reset the box... you may try clear the data/cache of all google stuff to see if it helps ( i dint try it )... if it dont factory reset only!

Comment

Originally posted by merinns View Post
          My reset/recovery button on X96 Max doesn't work. How to flash new ROM without it? Amlogic_s905x2_setup_v2.1.6.8 Burning Tool cannot detect my box at all. Also, I can't enter TWRP bcs my box is stuck on boot logo...
          Ok, I did it, my X96 MAX 4G/64G with SCV3 works great. After press START in Burning Tool, I connected USB M/M cable in USB2 port on Windows 10 PC and USB3 port on Android Box, power cable was unplugged. Process took three and a half minutes. Thats it

Comment

Ok, I did it, my X96 MAX 4G/64G with SCV3 works great. After press START in Burning Tool, I connected USB M/M cable in USB2 port on Windows 10 PC and USB3 port on Android Box, power cable was unplugged. Process took three and a half minutes. Thats it

How many external HDD's can you use via USB? The stock firmware on the X96 Max 4/64 can only mount 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

How many external HDD's can you use via USB? The stock firmware on the X96 Max 4/64 can only mount 2.
              The USB ports on all the 905x2 devices seem to be borked! T95Q, plug in a storage device and the box reboots. USB remote air mouse, only works half the time.

Comment

Had the same problem with 2.1.6.8. on several T95Q's, ver 2.17 works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by kenduvernay View Post

The USB ports on all the 905x2 devices seem to be borked! T95Q, plug in a storage device and the box reboots. USB remote air mouse, only works half the time.
                  They work okay on my x96 Max but will only allow 2 mounts. I have 4 drives plugged into the hub. In my case I do not think the USB port is the problem, I think it is in the Android system image. My Minix X8H Plus allows multiple USB mounts without a problem as did OpenElec when I tried that on my old UM8 box. I currently use Finless ROM v1.0 on my Minix and all drives are mounted.

I am starting to think that the best thing to do is source a 905x2 box that is supported by OpenElec or LibreElec and get that.

A lot of people are dissing these cheap 905x2 boxes and whilst I understand their disappointment in the software I have to say that the hardware chews up and spits out any movie I play on it of any size. Minix in comparison is poor with large files. The 905x2 is a beast and a very powerful one.
                  Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 01-26-2019, 12:28.

Comment

Hi
                    please can someone tell me that screen auto refresh rate is included in this rom?
                    If not is there a way to implement it?
                    Thanks

Comment

Hi guys. I have a T95q box how do I flash this rom without a pc? Do I just download the zip in the first page and open the update and backup app and find the zip on my box or do I have to use an sd card? Can someone post exact detailed instructions as ive never done this before and don't want to brick the box thanks

Comment

Hi Mr. SuperCeleron, Great firmware.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a way to change the on/off button to enable reboot instead of shutdown?

Thanks!

Ah, nevermind, I found the restart in the gear icon.
                        Last edited by iambert; 02-01-2019, 22:04. Reason: Found it! Thanks!
                        Boxes: Beelink GT1 Mini, Alfawise S92, RPi

Comment

Hi,

I successfully flashed SCV3 to X96Max 4/64 with sd card method (burncard maker). All working nicely with the following notes:

1. Remote controller not working
                          2. Bottom menu is only showing once at the first run after flashing, and its gone forever.
                          3. Dual wifi, I havent check this.
                          4. No root access
                          5. Enter burron in the keyboard (logitech mk240) dead (dont do anything).

However I really need that bottom menu and enter button, but now I am stuck to revert back to my original firmware that allow me to tweak some of the issues.

Either SDCard and Usb method is not working. The unit will never enter the bootloader screen with reset button + power.

Any help would be appreciated.

Javen.

Comment

Originally posted by Javenroth View Post
                            Hi,

I successfully flashed SCV3 to X96Max 4/64 with sd card method (burncard maker). All working nicely with the following notes:

1. Remote controller not working
                            2. Bottom menu is only showing once at the first run after flashing, and its gone forever.
                            3. Dual wifi, I havent check this.
                            4. No root access
                            5. Enter burron in the keyboard (logitech mk240) dead (dont do anything).

However I really need that bottom menu and enter button, but now I am stuck to revert back to my original firmware that allow me to tweak some of the issues.

Either SDCard and Usb method is not working. The unit will never enter the bootloader screen with reset button + power.

Any help would be appreciated.

Javen.
                            You have to:

1. Install Amlogic burning tool 2.1.6.8
                            2. Download any u211 ROM you want to use
                            3. Run Burning tool as Administrator
                            4. Load ROM to Burning tool
                            5. Connect M/M USB cable to USB 2.0 port on PC
                            6. Press Start button in Burning tool
                            7. Connect M/M USB cable to USB 3.0 on Android Box (I never connect power cable and it works perfect without it)
                            8. Wait 4 minutes until process ends
                            9. Press Stop in Burning tool
                            10. Thats it

Comment

Hi merinns,

Thanks a lot for your detailed solution. It works..!!!
                              It was very dificult to find v2.1.6.8 butI v2.1.6 work perfectly.

Now I have my x96max running, and back to original problem, which is, no bottom menu bar.

Thanks a lot...!!

Javen.

Comment

• superceleron
                                superceleron commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ? the bar is there, just drag it from the bottom from the screen with the mouse!
                            Working...
                            X