Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I'm considering dropping one of these non-ATV variants, either Nano or Stock. Anyone have a preference?

Comment

Does the stock variant have TWRP?
      if not, the answer is simple.
      I prefer Nano as it has more options.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Both variants have TWRP. The Stock variant just has more Google apps...the ones that are included in the Stock variant of OpenGApps. Nano is really just the bare minimum, but you can always add the other Google apps via the Google Play Store.

Oh please don't drop the nano version. I love it - intact I bought my GT1 mini because I spotted that you'd released a nano ROM for it.
      I ran your nano ROM on my Ultimate until it died.

Please keep up the great work.

Comment

I changed from stock to nano version and all runs well. CPU high load was caused by an attached USB Disk. Same disk attached to box with nano: no problems, soc goes down to 7 % after 4 mins. Anyway nano seems to be more "slim" and i will stay with it. Thanks a lot! (X96 max 905X2)

Comment

Hi Magendanz - I always use a wired network connection and leave the mini switched on when i'm not using it - and I'm using static addressing.
          I am finding that if left unused for a few hours the network connection fails and I have to reboot the box to get connection back.

Do have any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I do the same, but I find that the box wakes with a press or two on the remote. I'm assuming it's sleeping while idle, but I still have Ethernet when it wakes.

If you search, there's probably a setting to disable the idle sleep behavior.

please dont drop the nano version, its perfect and lovely. I visited your affiliate link ten times today

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, sir! I think at this point that I'm leaning towards keeping both and just compressing the .img files so that they're more manageable in size.

Hello all,
          Thanks for this ROM, really frendliest than stock X96Max...
          I flashed the NANO, but only was able to Flash from SD card because with USB, bootloader stops after few seconds...
          I Just have few bugs :
          1 : I'm actually not able to enter recovery... When I push the button, then connect usb to PC, USB Burning tool shows "connected" for 2 seconds and then, the ROM starts and "connected" status disappears...
          2 : The LCD pannel on the box doesn't work, so I have no clock or light to show the box is ON
          3 : The IR remote won't work properly.. buttons seems unassigned, so, impossible to power on the box with the remote, The ony way is to unplug AC power, then plug again...
          4 : I don't know whitch recovery is installed and I'd like to in install superSU or Magisk but I don't know if I can ...

Please is someone that can help me ?

Thanks guys !

Sam.
          Last edited by s1der; 02-17-2019, 00:03.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost everything you listed above is due to the fact that this custom ROM was built for the GT1 Mini, not the X96 Max. That other device has different IR remote codes, different features (like an LCD display) and a different device tree. Someone needs to customize the ROM for your device (and I don't have an X96 Max).

• Magendanz commented
              02-17-2019, 01:17
              Almost everything you listed above is due to the fact that this custom ROM was built for the GT1 Mini, not the X96 Max. That other device has different IR remote codes, different features (like an LCD display) and a different device tree. Someone needs to customize the ROM for your device (and I don't have an X96 Max).
          Thanks man for answer.
          I now hope that someone will customize it for X96Max. :P
          If you ear about it, I'm interested to know that
          Thanks again !

I have just one more question :
          I'm now trying to flash TWRP or stock rom but it seems impossible.
          Connexion with PC with USB impossible and start over the SD card impossible too ....
          Do you have any advice for me ?
          THX !
          Last edited by s1der; 02-17-2019, 17:22.

Comment

Can you please share the Nexus Launcher and Android One Launcher APKs? I really appreciate it.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Just reboot to TWRP ("reboot recovery") and copy 'em. There's also the APK repository on OpenGApps.

Yes, some features of X96 max dont work but the essential ones do. For reboot i installed a small app from Google play (a lot available). Navigation and status bar work perfect, not so in stock rom. This is important for me to open a browser for solving a recaptcha while loading a stream in kodi. And in the original rom the mouse did not work well so you needed to use the remote control: i prefer a good mouse support. The LCD panel i never missed:-) Thanks again Magendanz for that perfect Rom....i visited your affiliate page a lot of times again and would like other users to do the same...best is not only visit the page but do some actio, like clicking offers etc.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, sir! :-)

Any chance this rom can be installed on the T95Q box? If so, does the rom support spdif output?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            If it's based on the Amlogic u211 or u212 reference board, then the odds are good. You've just got to try it to find out, and I don't have the T95Q hardware.

Anyone installed this rom to x96max 4 gb?What's your opinion?
          Edit: I saw that there are people, sorry for the unnnecessary question.
          Last edited by metabesk; 04-05-2019, 08:57.

Comment

Originally posted by JandeHekkerman View Post
            Any chance this rom can be installed on the T95Q box? If so, does the rom support spdif output?
            Did you try it to install this rom on your T95Q Box? You are satisfied with your box?

Comment

Hi Tom, no I didn't. I'm not satisfied with my T95Q box. It reboots randomly 5-10 times a day. I installed the XT Rom for u211 devices. But unfortunately the box still reboots.

I'll buy another one. Probably the A95X max.

Comment

Wish someone would make a nano of the T95Q (hint, hint)

Comment

Working...
                X