Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ? la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: Beelink GT1 MINI TV Box

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Android One Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • Terminal app from LineageOS
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-1 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20181230):
    • Migrated custom Amlogic OTA updater app to Oreo. You can open from Settings->About->System Update.
    • Reverted to AOSP Files app, since Google Files was having some screen layout issues.
    • New version of TWRP (v3.2.3-1) that's an eng build, which should hopefully help with Magisk on some platforms.
    • Based on latest OEM firmware (114N0)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20181229)
    Changelog (20181223):
    • Initial release
    • Based on latest OEM firmware (113N0)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20181223)
    Known Bugs:
    • USB 2.0 port doesn't work in TWRP.
    Download:Notes:
    • I've switched to the Android One Launcher because the Google Now Launcher is no longer compatible with Oreo. On the Stock variant, you also get the Pixel Launcher, and you can switch between them in Settings->Droid Settings->More Settings->Apps & Notifications->Advanced->Default Apps.
    • The underlying OEM firmware for this build has a buried feature to enable/disable root. It's in Settings->Droid Settings->More Settings->Developer Settings->Debugging->ROOT Permission.
    • The local Terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • To make Developer Options visible, click 7 times on Settings->About->Build. To make it visible in the legacy Settings app, click More Settings->System->About Device->Build Number.
    • To make the navigation bar visible, just drag up from the bottom edge of the screen. Click the triangle on the right to hide it again.
    • This is confirmed to be compatible with the S95 Android 8.1 TV box, which is also based on the Amlogic u211 reference hardware. Others based on that board may be compatible, but the ROM doesn't currently have support for different wireless chipsets or IR remotes.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27527.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	686036 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-182646.png Views:	2 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	756028Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-102831.png Views:	3 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	756029Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-102754.png Views:	2 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	756021Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-102831.png Views:	3 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	756031Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103036.png Views:	1 Size:	240.5 KB ID:	756026Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103042.png Views:	1 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	756027Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103051.png Views:	1 Size:	632.8 KB ID:	756025Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181224-103126.png Views:	1 Size:	87.1 KB ID:	756024
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2019, 05:25.

Good looking Rom simple start up, all good:

Tip if you have trouble getting it to burn, remove USB devices from PC.
    I removed Logitech dongle and the it burned previous it would hang and stall. Weird
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello Magendanz, as I understand it is not an android tv, you can see screenshots

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, this is not Android TV. That will come with the TVStock release. I've added the screenshots to make that clear.

thanks, is there an android tv planned?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Please read the first paragraph in the OP: "These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, (coming soon!) which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package."

Changelog (20181230):
      • Migrated custom Amlogic OTA updater app to Oreo. You can open from Settings->About->System Update.
      • Reverted to AOSP Files app, since Google Files was having some screen layout issues.
      • New version of TWRP (v3.2.3-1) that's an eng build, which should hopefully help with Magisk on some platforms.
      • Based on latest OEM firmware (114N0)
      • Latest build from Open GApps (20181229)
      Known Bugs:
      • USB 2.0 port doesn't work in TWRP.
      Download:

Comment

Can this one be applied to H96Max S905X2?

I ask since I flashed a nexus custom rom on Vorke Z6 and the Box is now dead :-(

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have a H96Max, and so I really can't say. If it uses the Amlogic u211 reference hardware, then it's likely to work.

I ll check ref board! Thx

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          It should be in the build.prop, either in /system or /vendor.

Thank you for your work!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I've switched over myself to the S905X2 (u211) boxes and Android TV 8.1, so I'll be giving the GT1 Mini and KM9 lots of attention.

H96 MAX X2 (S905X2) arrived and it is ref board u211! Since I am interested in ATV Ill post over the other thread

Comment

Hello magendanz, I installed your rom and everything is fine. finally just a little detail for me, I change the basic theme and put mine (square home) but it does not stay by default. at each demarage of the box or at home. There is a solution? and something else, can we set the sleep mode of the box? thank you

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you set it as the default launcher?

Sadly, Beelink seems to have no Power customization setting and the Quick Action Menu (long press on Power) has only Shutdown and Restart. You should put that in as a feature request, but in the interim I'll see if I might not be able to restore it.

thanks for your answer magendanz. ok for the standby problem. for the launcher the problem is that I do not find the option to choose the default launcher! it does not offer me as in other versions android 6/7. thank you

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Under More Settings, choose Apps & Notifications->Default Apps->Home App.

it does not work, every time I press the home button or I redemmare the box the default theme comes back.
          it does not matter thank you for your answer.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Okay, I'll look into it. Could be related to the fact that I bumped the priority on the AndroidOne Launcher so that the user wouldn't get that dialog requiring them to choose between it and the Pixel Launcher after setup.

Thanks a lot. It runs on a X96max S905X2 perfect and it has a beautiful launcher. I just love that "pure android" look! First i couldent flash it as Amlogic USB Tool couldent erase the bootloader. I tried then with pressing Reset Button while connecting the USB (2.0) cable to the 3.0 port of the box: all worked and the flashing finished, rewarding me with a perfect FW in a nice dress

Comment

Runs great on gt1 mini. I had to install with burncard. Tried like 20 times with usb but no go, always stopped at some point.

Installed magisk with no problems.
            Only issue I've came across with is that I can't choose the default launcher but I hope there will be a fix soon.

Thank you very much☺️
            Last edited by Hanha; 01-13-2019, 08:58.

Comment

I have very high CPU usage for about 15 mins after boot the box. Could i stop some background services or how to reduce that? Thanks for a hint.

Comment

Working...
              X