Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Beelink GT1 Mini TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 8.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added a la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: Beelink GT1 MINI TV Box

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20190102):
    • Switched to Android TV version of status bar component in SystemUI to suppress media notifications.
    • Fixed grammatical errors in hardcoded strings for initial Bluetooth remote pairing.
    Changelog (20190101):
    • Initial release
    • Based on latest OEM firmware (114N0)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20181229)
    Known Bugs:
    • Android TV Remote Control service will pair, but keeps dropping the connection.
    • USB 2.0 port doesn't work in TWRP.
    Download:Notes:
    • The underlying OEM firmware for this build has a buried feature to enable/disable root. It's in Settings->Droid Settings->More Settings->Developer Settings->Debugging->ROOT Permission.
    • The local Terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • To make Developer Options visible, click 7 times on Settings->About->Build. To make it visible in the legacy Settings app, click More Settings->System->About Device->Build Number.
    • This is confirmed to be compatible with the S95 Android 8.1 TV box, which is also based on the Amlogic u211 reference hardware. Others based on that board may be compatible, but the ROM doesn't currently have support for different wireless chipsets or IR remotes.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27527.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	686036 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-173112.png Views:	1 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	757063Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-173116.png Views:	1 Size:	222.6 KB ID:	757064Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175642.png Views:	1 Size:	251.2 KB ID:	757065Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175648.png Views:	1 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	757066Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175712.png Views:	1 Size:	315.4 KB ID:	757067Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-175728.png Views:	1 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	757068 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-183743.png Views:	1 Size:	314.8 KB ID:	757069Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-183804.png Views:	1 Size:	295.7 KB ID:	757070Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190101-184201.png Views:	1 Size:	336.2 KB ID:	757071
    Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2019, 05:25.

I saw someone mention this can be flashed on the X96 MAX TV uses Amlogic u211 but could be mistaken
    Last edited by uscool; 01-02-2019, 13:46.

Comment

Guest Do you know if i can install any of the beelink roms on the mecool KM9 ? Do you know if there are any custom roms in the works for the KM9 ?

Edit: I tried it didn't work got a error at 8% Formatting.
      Last edited by Rustdroid; 01-02-2019, 17:37.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The KM9 is next on my list, now that I've blazed the trail for the S905X2 (Amlogic SDK 8.1) on the GT1 Mini. Since they share the same reference board (u211), they should be compatible. However, they may not share the same wireless chipset and IR remotes.

Guest Sounds good looking forward to a new rom.

Comment

Is it possible to enable the lower navigation bar on this firmware?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I didn't overtly disable it...but switching to the Android TV status bar component in SystemUI seems to have hidden that functionality.

Magendanz
        Thanks, good work.

Comment

How do differ yours and superceleron's roms?

I am looking for very clean/debloated unrooted, fast rom with stable wifi. (Who does not? :-) )

Since I pushed one box to death by flashing custom rom to Vorke Z6: Do I have to pay attention concerning RAM?

Seller says: LPDDR4.

I received h96 MAX x2 (S905x2)

Kind regards
          Last edited by soldiaz; 01-04-2019, 20:27.

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
            How do differ yours and superceleron's roms?
            Well, I tend to remove more OEM apps and reduce the ROM to just what Google would ship on a Nexus Player. Luis (SC) invests more time trying to optimize kernel performance, so his ROMs are probably a little faster. I generally don't touch the boot partition, since I've spent my life as a UI developer and kernels are dark, scary places.

Comment

Thanks! It is for DDR4, right?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe that this model only ships with DDR4 DRAM. The firmware (OEM & Nexus custom) includes DTBs for 2G and 4G configurations.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2019, 21:22.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, Magendanz, for your efforts!!!

Some questions:

1. Will I have root access, after flashing the ROM?
                2. If so, via SuperSU? Or Magisk?
                3. Does Netflix work in 4K?

Do you think it's worth waiting for a S922X device?

Will those arrive with Android TV 9.0 (Pie)?

Will Beelink GT1 Mini receive Pie update?

Thanks for all caring to answer some of the above!

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  See comment about root access in the original post. (Beelink made it a feature in Settings.)

This is not a Netflix certified device, and due to their new whitelisting policy you can't even play Netflix at 1080p anymore on uncertified devices...even with Widevine L1 certification.

As for Pie, I'd say it's likely because the S905X is included in the list of supported chipsets for the Amlogic SDK 9.0 here: http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox

S922X isn't listed yet, but I assume that it will be included too. Personally, I've switched all the media players in my house over to the S905X2 boxes, so I'm not waiting.

great news for s905x2 waiting for the km9 version

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I released the KM9 versions today.

It's a pity that Netflix does not let their paying customers decide how, i.e. what device, they would like to consume their subscription.

So the only way to have a rooted Android TV device and Netflix in FHD/4K at the same time remains nVidia Shield?

Performancewise the S905X2 should do more than fine. It even beats Amazon's Fire TV Stick 4K (utilizing an MT8695).

Please see https://androidpctv.com/comparative-mediatek-mt8695/

Comment

I tried to flash this on my H96 Max X2, which is based on the u211 reference board.
                  I know this firmware wasn't meant to work on it, but if someone's interested, here's my observation:
                  IR remote seems to work, but since this box doesn't have a smart remote, you need to press ESC on the first "pair remote" screen
                  Ethernet and wifi doesn't seem to work, setup wizard stuck at wifi selection, and there's no way to cancel network selection, you're stuck in the setup wizard, so the device is not usable.

Comment

Great work Guest

Flashed the
                    TVStock Variant:
                    BURN PACKAGE to my T95Q

Easy to flash, took 4.48sec to finish the burn

Everything is working great

Wifi and Bluetooth work

Nice clean fast rom with no crap

I would of liked to seen both top and bottom bars in the rom too but no big deal breaker
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Working...
                    X