Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM]XTMOD for u211 devices (X96Max, GT1Mini & some others), Magisk rooted and many others fixes and mod.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javenroth View Post
    Hi Charlie boy,

I got a lot of tv boxes like x96, x96 mini, X96 s905w, tanix, x96max etc. I flahed those with various ROM, and none of those has a problem with the number of HDD. I got all 4 HDDs, 2TB each, loaded to 4 bays orico enclosure, and connect one usb cable to tv box and everything is just work perfectly. If you have a problem, maybe you need to check the firmware of your HDD enclosure, or try different usb hub.

Javen
    I have tried my Bandridge USB 2 hub and the X96 still only finds 2 drives but mounts only 1 of those 2. My Orico enclosures have the same firmware and on my Minix X8H Plus all HDD's are instantly recognised and mounted. Though as I said this was only after a firmware update on that box.

I have also tried the USB 3 hub on my Minix and may now stay with that because, hey presto, my lag problems seem to be cured.
    Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 02-07-2019, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

I have tried my Bandridge USB 2 hub and the X96 still only finds 2 drives but mounts only 1 of those 2. My Orico enclosures have the same firmware and on my Minix X8H Plus all HDD's are instantly recognised and mounted. Though as I said this was only after a firmware update on that box.

I have also tried the USB 3 hub on my Minix and may now stay with that because, hey presto, my lag problems seem to be cured.
      Hi Charlie boy,
      I was having similar problem long time ago, only 2 out of 4 hard drives in orico was detected by Dune HD Base 3D. This orico was never having problem with PC or laptop, 4 hdd was detected without any problem. The solution was updating the orico firmware. Just give it a try, it wont be longer than 1 minute to flash.
      Other possibility is that you have 2 hdd with same signature, eventhough it is like one in a million.

Other than this, I dont have any idea, probably it is true because of the ROM.

Javen

Comment

Great work. Can it mount more than two HDD's via USB?
        Not yet, tryied a little modifing fstab, but no at now.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Not yet, tryied a little modifing fstab, but no at now.
          Thanks Xanny I am sure you can sort it out.

Comment

Thanks Xanny I am sure you can sort it out.
            Not really sure if the problem sits in Amlogic sources...

Comment

Not really sure if the problem sits in Amlogic sources...
              Can you replicate this issue yourself? Another poster said that he had no problems connecting multiple drives.

Comment

Can you replicate this issue yourself? Another poster said that he had no problems connecting multiple drives.
                Yes, with three drives but after more testing i don't know if is a Android issue or a power issue, because it's random. Anyway i stopped this kind of testing because i got to update many project this firmware is one. Though i like to experiment things

Comment

Yes, with three drives but after more testing i don't know if is a Android issue or a power issue, because it's random. Anyway i stopped this kind of testing because i got to update many project this firmware is one. Though i like to experiment things
                  I have noticed on my Minix and Total Commander the drives are listed as;

SD card
                  SD card (2)
                  SD card (3)
                  SD card (4)

and filesystem root/storage

Udisk0
                  Udisk1
                  Udisk2
                  Udisk3

On the X96 they are listed as:

USB external storage 1
                  USB external storage 2

Tried a screen grab but on the Finless ROM it captures a solid black picture. So cannot do it.
                  Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 02-08-2019, 17:27.

Comment

I have noticed on my Minix and Total Commander the drives are listed as;

SD card
                    SD card (2)
                    SD card (3)
                    SD card (4)

and filesystem root/storage

Udisk0
                    Udisk1
                    Udisk2
                    Udisk3

On the X96 they are listed as:

USB external storage 1
                    USB external storage 2

Tried a screen grab but on the Finless ROM it captures a solid black picture. So cannot do it.
                    there are ages between your Minix and these devices it's pretty normal things are hugely different.

Comment

there are ages between your Minix and these devices it's pretty normal things are hugely different.
                      I just thought they'd used a different method for mounting the drives. On the face of it that's how it looks. I thought it odd as they are all listed as SD cards, I imagined that may have been the workaround that they used to enable multiple mounts.

Comment

I am testing my very old UM8 S802 box and it plays huge files from external drives just as well as my Minix X8h Plus and the X96, provided I use a USB 3 hub. The X96 does not lag with a USB 2 hub, so there is a difference.

I am surprised by this because the UM8 is USB 2 and so is the Minix which is also improved. Both boxes have a new lease of life due to the new hub.

The UM8 also mounts multiple external USB HDD's the easiest of all my boxes.

Comment

ATV thread has been hidden or it's me?! (you are not authorized blah)

Comment

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post
                            ATV thread has been hidden or it's me?! (you are not authorized blah)
                            I cannot view it either.

Comment

ATV thread is back i added the links for v3 and the forum marked it as spam

Comment

ATV thread is back i added the links for v3 and the forum marked it as spam
                                I contacted the Admin who corrected it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X