Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM]XTMOD for u211 devices (X96Max, GT1Mini & some others), Magisk rooted and many others fixes and mod.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metabesk View Post
    Hello xanny,
    my x96 max just arrived but i dont get any video signal from hdmi and i dont have proper analog video cable so i dont know if the device boot properly, i see boot message on led display than the time and hd letters lit, i tried to reset the device via reset switch into the av port still no video, i have a long usb 2 a to a male cable and i couldnt get it detected by the usb burning tool.

So here is the real question can i burn your rom thru sd card if yes how.

Thanks in advance
    Try your box on different TVs. I had a couple Android devices that would not play on certain TVs before. I actually had one Android box that would play on every single TV I tried it on, but would not play on the TV in my room. Every time I would power it off the HDMI resolution would reset, and I was never able to get it to work on the TV I actually bought it for. I even went as far as tinking if I unplugged it quickly that it would work but did not. The power cord was not long enough to power it up on one TV then switch to my TV. So trust me, just because its not playing on one TV does not mean there is a problem, it could simply mean that the resolution its set to conflicts with the TV you're trying it on. If it works on one TV, just set the resolution to something different then try it again on the TV it did not work on before.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

Try your box on different TVs. I had a couple Android devices that would not play on certain TVs before. I actually had one Android box that would play on every single TV I tried it on, but would not play on the TV in my room. Every time I would power it off the HDMI resolution would reset, and I was never able to get it to work on the TV I actually bought it for. I even went as far as tinking if I unplugged it quickly that it would work but did not. The power cord was not long enough to power it up on one TV then switch to my TV. So trust me, just because its not playing on one TV does not mean there is a problem, it could simply mean that the resolution its set to conflicts with the TV you're trying it on. If it works on one TV, just set the resolution to something different then try it again on the TV it did not work on before.
      Thank you for the answer but i tried 2 tvs and 2 pc monitors, 5 different hdmi cable, 2 power adapters. There is something wrong with the box for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
        i'd like to say sorry to not be often present on forum but in these weeks my father got some health problem so i was there with him, and sorry to not reply to all the messages.
        i wish that your father to gain his health back swiftly.

Comment

Has anyone else lost sound on spdif? It was working but then I had the box off for a week and suddenly I no longer am able to get sound out of it. HDMI works perfectly fine, but nothing from optical. And to make matters worse there is no option in the settings area haha

Thanks!

Comment

Without seeing anything it's difficult to update from sdcard i think, but without any output it's simple to flash thru Amlogic burning tool and a PC probably or it's a usb cable issue or a driver issue in your case but i can't be sure.
            İ tried with av cable too but no video, i managed to flash thru usb you rom, poison rom and stock rom too. Still no video, guess it is a Hardware issue, i will send back to seller to change with a working one.

Ps. By the way i manage to flash by masking pins of emmc.

Comment

Originally posted by bishopx26 View Post

can you pls tell me the steps how u flashed it ? thanks
              Look to first message of this topic

Comment

What kind of mouse problem does this rom have?

Comment

i added yet all the wifi chips i can add with this firmware, if you need a different wifi i need to compile a whole new rom based on your device, if there is interest not by just 1 user i could think about it.
                  WiFi works. It's just Bluetooth that is not working.
                  I was just wondering if it would be something easy to include in your ROM. I don't really use Bluetooth, it's just nice to have everything working. But I can live without Bluetooth working on the box. Thanks anyway

Comment

• Has Magisk root yet installed, but please do not update to magisk 18.0 or root will not work anymore;
                    • Has selinux in permissive mode;
                    • Is deodexed;
                    • Tweaked and fixed;
                    • Fixed stupid keyboard bug;
                    • Added support for many gamepad and accessories;
                    • Has the newest 0zm0sys busybox installed;
                    • Kodi & SPMC optimized;
                    • Square Home 3 Launcher installed;
                    • Nano gapps installed;
                    • Top Bar an Navibar enabled;
                    • Many things i do not remember,
                    what do you mean with "Kodi & SPMC optimized" ?

I have problem with video stuttering on KODI and also with SPMC (that works better than KODI, but sometimes i see video stuttering or problem with audio also with auto frame rate ON and with tv that correctly switch to 24Hz)

Comment

Originally posted by compuman View Post

what do you mean with "Kodi & SPMC optimized" ?

I have problem with video stuttering on KODI and also with SPMC (that works better than KODI, but sometimes i see video stuttering or problem with audio also with auto frame rate ON and with tv that correctly switch to 24Hz)
                      Same problem here. But the problem is that amlogic s905x2 doesn't support auto Frame Rate Switching..

But there are plenty fixes.

1) https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...d-other-clones

2) https://github.com/jeff2900/Kodi.AmL...uency.switcher

Comment

Originally posted by tedpoley View Post

Same problem here. But the problem is that amlogic s905x2 doesn't support auto Frame Rate Switching..

But there are plenty fixes.

1) https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...d-other-clones

2) https://github.com/jeff2900/Kodi.AmL...uency.switcher
                        thanks, but this is not my problem.
                        like i have write "the tv switch correctly to 24Hz" (thanks to the addon "frequency switcher" in your point 2 for KODI >=17.x or thanks to "amlogic tv box tool" for KODI/SPMC/FTMC < 17.x)

the problem is that the video stuttering is always present (also with TV on 24Hz for 23.976fps video, or with TV at 50Hz for some 25fps video)

In my test:
                        -some video are smooth and clear with KODI > 17.6 but stuttering with SPMC/FTMC (normally video with 25fps)
                        -some video are smooth and clear with SPMC/FTMC (normally movie with 23.976 fps)

now I'm testing this "work around" :
                        -use FTMC 16.2 for movie and on first try for all video (using KODI DB v17)
                        -use KODI 17.6 for video that stuttering on FTMC (using the same KODI DB v17) and pray

Comment

thanks, but this is not my problem.
                          like i have write "the tv switch correctly to 24Hz" (thanks to the addon "frequency switcher" in your point 2 for KODI >=17.x or thanks to "amlogic tv box tool" for KODI/SPMC/FTMC
                          the problem is that the video stuttering is always present (also with TV on 24Hz for 23.976fps video, or with TV at 50Hz for some 25fps video)

In my test:
                          -some video are smooth and clear with KODI > 17.6 but stuttering with SPMC/FTMC (normally video with 25fps)
                          -some video are smooth and clear with SPMC/FTMC (normally movie with 23.976 fps)

now I'm testing this "work around" :
                          -use FTMC 16.2 for movie and on first try for all video (using KODI DB v17)
                          -use KODI 17.6 for video that stuttering on FTMC (using the same KODI DB v17) and pray
                          Aha. Misunderstood your problem.

For me (on x96max 4/64) the script works very well. I have plenty of streams on 25fps and the script switches to 50fps. No stuttering. Actually, the quality is excellent.

I prefer the script since it is installed in the autostart of the whole system. So auto Frame Rate is enabled on every app you use automatically. It works wonders for my box.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tedpoley View Post
                            Aha. Misunderstood your problem.

For me (on x96max 4/64) the script works very well. I have plenty of streams on 25fps and the script switches to 50fps. No stuttering. Actually, the quality is excellent.

I prefer the script since it is installed in the autostart of the whole system. So auto Frame Rate is enabled on every app you use automatically. It works wonders for my box.

but what application do you use to play video ?
                            KODI ? (what version)
                            SPMC or other fork ?
                            Or directly mx-player or other player ?

You set audio pass-through for DTS and DOLBY audio ?

You have movie in 23.976 fps (the one that have more problem for me?)

thanks for support (also in private if is OT)

Comment

but what application do you use to play video ?
                              KODI ? (what version)
                              SPMC or other fork ?
                              Or directly mx-player or other player ?

You set audio pass-through for DTS and DOLBY audio ?

You have movie in 23.976 fps (the one that have more problem for me?)

thanks for support (also in private if is OT)
                              Actually I run many apps and they all work fine. For iptv I use XCIPTV, OTTPlayer, OTT Navigation etc. American streams have 23.xxxx fps and they don't stutter anymore.

As with Kodi I actually use the latest version 18.1. Works fine.

As for audio I have the default settings. Both in Kodi and in Android settings. I use a 10 year old Sony LCD TV.

Comment

New rom from Xannytech?

Just received this email from my tapatalk notifications. But I can't find the post here on freaktab. Has anyone seen it?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X