Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool KM9 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 8.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has any one tried this netflix apk, i am able to get HD
    I found it from a post in xda
    h t t p : / / 1 9 9 . 1 7 5 . 5 3 . 2 1 / n e t f l i x l a t e s t . h d o n l y . a p k

Comment

Hi,

I finaly find perfect software for my KM9 Stock Nexus ROM but
      Volume controls don't work
      try IR remote, BT remofe, air mouse
      Any help plz.

Comment

Hi, today happens something wired with my KM9. I use Your Nexus ROM few monats without problem, and today crashed my KM9. During reboot, after short NEXUS screen, I get a message "No signal" from TV. There is no chance to start the device.
        I can not connect with ADB, neither with USB, nor with WLAN.
        Is there any chance to do some kind of recovery of a system without deleting of apps?

Kind regards
        Zvonko

Comment

I haven't done anything like this in quite awhile, so pls excuse my near ignorance. I recently bought one of these KM9 boxes and it has PIE android. As others have said, this MECOOL box is so buggy it's almost unusable. So, I'd like to use the SD card method to flash the NANO variant, and Android 8.1 is perfectly fine for me.
          I really need simple SIMPLE instructions that an old fart who had a stroke can understand so I don't brick this.
          Can someone lay it out here for me, step by step, with no extraneous information that will only confuse me? I suppose I could still send the box back to the seller, but then I'd be without a streaming device for weeks. I would go nuts!

Thanks for any and all help!

Comment

Originally posted by markedman View Post
            I haven't done anything like this in quite awhile, so pls excuse my near ignorance. I recently bought one of these KM9 boxes and it has PIE android. As others have said, this MECOOL box is so buggy it's almost unusable. So, I'd like to use the SD card method to flash the NANO variant, and Android 8.1 is perfectly fine for me.
            I really need simple SIMPLE instructions that an old fart who had a stroke can understand so I don't brick this.
            Can someone lay it out here for me, step by step, with no extraneous information that will only confuse me? I suppose I could still send the box back to the seller, but then I'd be without a streaming device for weeks. I would go nuts!

Thanks for any and all help!
            What do you use your box for??
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by zvdj View Post
              Hi, today happens something wired with my KM9. I use Your Nexus ROM few monats without problem, and today crashed my KM9. During reboot, after short NEXUS screen, I get a message "No signal" from TV. There is no chance to start the device.
              I can not connect with ADB, neither with USB, nor with WLAN.
              Is there any chance to do some kind of recovery of a system without deleting of apps?

Kind regards
              Zvonko
              I have found the solution, the cache was corupted. I booted into recovery mode and wiped the cache.
              The secret was in a hidden button in the deep of head phone jack Press the button with a littče stick, then power on and you are in TWRP.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

What do you use your box for??
                Variety of Android apps, including Kodi. No games. Some other "buggy" issues I've noted - Android 9(I guess?) won't work with a keyboard for searches via Chrome. Same issue with youtube. Nor does using a remote work for searching. In Kodi, you can do keyboard or remote control fine. Another thing - no "sleep now" option. It's power on, or power off only. The list goes on and on.
                So many issues that I don't even bother to remember them, I just sigh, and do something else. Oh. it does seem to randomly turn itself on(strong blue led), but you have to unplug the power and plug it back in to be able to use it. sigh.....Some of these problems may well be hardware related, but it seems some are Android 9 not being well implemented on this MECOOL unit. If I'd known about the KM3, I'd probably have bought that instead.
                For any who might be interested - the ATV launcher works great on this box.

Comment

Guys, where can I get the original Android tv (ATV) firmware from mecool? My box came with a wierd android 9.0 firmware that does not have widevine L1.

Comment

Does anyone know how to obtain root on this rom? I don't really use netflix but I've always used root for removing system apps and for adaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Vandetta View Post
                      Does anyone know how to obtain root on this rom? I don't really use netflix but I've always used root for removing system apps and for adaway.
                      Did you try flashing magisk through recovery?

Comment

The official android pie update for nvidia shield has been released. Is there any probability of it getting ported to our device?

Comment

Hi there, I bought a MK9, came with Pie 9 ATV, complete unusable, if activate CEC language changes to Korean (!), if I plug my wireless mouse the on-screen keyboard dont appears..(tried to change the keyboard options, but no change at all). etc
                          Tried the Nexus ROM, it works better, but its an ATV so there is so few games to install, there is no Candy Crush for ATV!

what ROM do you call stock? it is 8.1? it is ATV? or simple Android ?

I just want to be able to install games, Kodi worked on every ROM I tested, including h265/4K without problems, I see the HW is excellent, but the OS/SW is so paintfull....

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by adrianebtablet View Post
                            Hi there, I bought a MK9, came with Pie 9 ATV, complete unusable, if activate CEC language changes to Korean (!), if I plug my wireless mouse the on-screen keyboard dont appears..(tried to change the keyboard options, but no change at all). etc
                            Tried the Nexus ROM, it works better, but its an ATV so there is so few games to install, there is no Candy Crush for ATV!

what ROM do you call stock? it is 8.1? it is ATV? or simple Android ?

I just want to be able to install games, Kodi worked on every ROM I tested, including h265/4K without problems, I see the HW is excellent, but the OS/SW is so paintfull....

Thanks!
                            Hey Adrian,
                            ​​​​​​I have the same box. This nexus rom is working beautifully and is the closest you will get to stock without the bloatware. Most of these roms are ATV versions because the regular versions are not so easy to use with tv. I would suggest using this rom and sideloading the games you want to play. But if you want there is also a non-ATV version (Tablet version) floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkm007 View Post

Did you try flashing magisk through recovery?
                              Originally posted by Rustdroid View Post
                              Hi all I got magisk installed used Google translate on 4pda and made a account, wasn't easy without knowing Russian lol.

Thanks to Vasily_5 and 7usher7 on 4pda (Copied 7usher7's post)

Instructions
                              1. Download the TWRP_322.zip place it on microSD flash drive with magisk 18 zip and magisk apk.
                              2. Enter the stock recovery by pressing reset switch located in the A/V input and plugging in the power while holding reset switch in until it boots to recovery.
                              3. Remote move to the Apply Update From EXT. > Update From SDcard >TWRP_322.ZIP . And we get into TvRP, then you need a mouse.
                              4. Make a backup of your firmware on a USB flash drive through the button "Backup".
                              5. Install the root through the "Install" button. Then restart the console.
                              6. Through the file manager, go to the USB flash drive and install the Magisk Manager .

All actions are at your own risk and risk, no one except you is responsible for your console.

May work for other devices with X905x2 like x96 Max and beelink mini.
                              Can anyone confirm if this works? I'm not sure why root wasn't included if it is available on other roms for boxes using this chip?

Has anyone been able to successfully root this device on this rom or the ATV version using Magisk 18?

Comment

Originally posted by Vandetta View Post

Can anyone confirm if this works? I'm not sure why root wasn't included if it is available on other roms for boxes using this chip?

Has anyone been able to successfully root this device on this rom or the ATV version using Magisk 18?
                                Yes it works but there is a updated TWRP here https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...2-u211-devices

I used latest magisk 19.3 and it's working.

Comment

Working...
                                X