Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porkie View Post
    Is there a noise or a popup wen you connect it to your PC? Do you have any other devices that use USB to USB? If so try other devices to see if there is a sound or a popup when you connect it to your PC. Usually when you connect a device for the first time there will be a popup telling you it does not recognize the device or that its installing drivers for the device. The easiest way to know if your PC is recognizing a device is to go to your control panel and find manage devices, cause every time you connect and disconnect a device, the device list will repopulate. When you connect or disconnect a device with the device manager open, the list will disappear for a couple seconds, then come back. So if your PC realizes there is a device being connected, you will instantly know it, cause the device manager will react. If the device manager reacts it means your cable is working. Make sure your PC is also connect to the internet, cause it will have to download drivers
    I have to turn on the T95Q by pressing the reset button? Or turn it on normal and connect from blue USB to a computer USB?

Comment

Hello, thanks for the greatest ROM!

I'm using x96max 4/64 with LG 2018 TV. And I have 2 problems related to the CEC power control.
      I have another CEC device connected to the TV. To mention, I don't have such problems with X92 box (s912, atvXperience fw) with the same TV and the same another device. Without that device, all seems to work fine. When it's connected most of the time all is OK too. But sometimes after switching TV on by it's remote control power button:
      1) X96 also wakes up as it should, but loses ethernet connection (to be strict - doesn't get an IP address). Switching off/on by CEC doesn't help. Unplugging/plugging LAN cable doesn't help. Reboot helps. This command also helps:
      Code:
      su -c "ip link set down dev eth0; ip link set up dev eth0"
      Wifi connection continues to work just fine (with and without ethernet cable connected).
      2) rarely, X96 doesn't wake up at all, doesn't react on IR. Only unplugging power cable helps. I haven't got this without ethernet (only wifi) - but that may be because it's rarity.

I've made at least 100 CEC power cycles (controlled by TV's remote), and got at least 10 LAN IP address losses, and at least 3 box hangs.
      One observation - with another CEC device, LG TV makes 3 red blinks when switching on (seems to be some kind of CEC states syncing between TV and 2 boxes).
      Does anybody has any thoughts about this?

Comment

Originally posted by urusha View Post

I'm using x96max 4/64 with LG 2018 TV. And I have 2 problems related to the CEC power control.
        I have another CEC device connected to the TV. To mention, I don't have such problems with X92 box (s912, atvXperience fw) with the same TV and the same another device. Without that device, all seems to work fine. When it's connected most of the time all is OK too. But sometimes after switching TV on by it's remote control power button:
        1) X96 also wakes up as it should, but loses ethernet connection (to be strict - doesn't get an IP address). Switching off/on by CEC doesn't help. Unplugging/plugging LAN cable doesn't help. Reboot helps. This command also helps:
        Code:
        Wifi connection continues to work just fine (with and without ethernet cable connected).
        2) rarely, X96 doesn't wake up at all, doesn't react on IR. Only unplugging power cable helps. I haven't got this without ethernet (only wifi) - but that may be because it's rarity.

I've made at least 100 CEC power cycles (controlled by TV's remote), and got at least 10 LAN IP address losses, and at least 3 box hangs.
        One observation - with another CEC device, LG TV makes 3 red blinks when switching on (seems to be some kind of CEC states syncing between TV and 2 boxes).
        I made the exact same experience, i wasnt aware of loss of ethernet connection though that could explain why some movies which are located on a network share refuse to play from the kodi library after i wake the box from sleep.

Besides that i have some other nasty bugs, like the PBS Kids Video app closing itself instantly after launch (the regular PBS (non kids) video app works though), the BBC i player addon for kodi doesnt work either, both apps/addons do work on my mibox but not on my x96 4gb with XTMOD.

I have some more issues that i am happy to provide logs for but the most annoying issue so far is that the box doesnt support 10bit color depth in 2160p@60hz because for everything else i can rely on my other box or apps directly installed on my tv, but the x96 is supposed to run my uncompressed 4k movies :X
        Last edited by boxz0rd; 03-12-2019, 13:54.

Comment

Code:

I upgraded to latest stock firmware solved LAN problem, but wakeup problem still persists.

Comment

Hey I installed this rom on t95q and all is working fine but I want to use android remote app which detects the tv box but doesn't connect I tried not be as well as gt mini roms but in both the resilt is same can any one point me what's wrong thanks

Comment

Originally posted by imzsha View Post
              Hey I installed this rom on t95q and all is working fine but I want to use android remote app which detects the tv box but doesn't connect I tried not be as well as gt mini roms but in both the resilt is same can any one point me what's wrong thanks
              Works in my t95q,.. open air screen app first, you must link the application with the t95q

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas_co View Post

Works in my t95q,.. open air screen app first, you must link the application with the t95q
                Can you tell what do you mean by link the application with t95q when I open air screen app it just says waiting for connection what steps should I take to make the Android remote work ?

Comment

Can you tell what do you mean by link the application with t95q when I open air screen app it just says waiting for connection what steps should I take to make the Android remote work ?
                  the app that you have to link is android remote in the phone, ... a code will appear on the tv and you must enter it in the app

Comment

Hey I managed to make Android remote app work but now I have another problem I have an app called thoptv sideloaded when I launch it says you have blocked ads whitelist in adblocker app to resume I don't see any adblocker app installed how do whitelist the app?

Comment

Hey I managed to make Android remote app work but now I have another problem I have an app called thoptv sideloaded when I launch it says you have blocked ads whitelist in adblocker app to resume I don't see any adblocker app installed how do whitelist the app?
                      Obviously an adblocking hosts file is built in system, if you want to disable it you have to enable "Systemless hosts" in Magisk manager then create/copy your own custom/empty hosts file to /sbin/.magisk/img/hosts/system/etc/hosts

Comment

i'd like to say sorry to not be often present on forum but in these weeks my father got some health problem so i was there with him, and sorry to not reply to all the messages.

Comment

Very good work! Thanks!
                          It is very good that status bars and "white" settings appeared, but the screen saver broke, although this is probably a trifle.

Comment

I wish your father all the best and to get well soon, no worries about the messages!

Comment

Code:

Made more tests. Problem with waking up persists with disabled LAN, CEC, WIFI, bluetooth. Without another box. Without TV at all. x96max doesn't wake up sometimes with Benq monitor (without CEC) + IR power button (sleep mode).
                              With the next commands we can restrict sleeping. But this makes CEC control unstable (at least for me with LG TV).
                              Code:
                              su
                              echo nosleep > /sys/power/wake_lock
                              Does anyone have no such problems with Beelink GT1, or another box? Searching for stable S905X2 device with AndroidTV rom.

Comment

Сток img фърмуер X96Max_V311_4G_190302

Comment

Working...
                                X